For our daughters

Old December 18th 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default For our daughters

"'Kate" wrote in message
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com...ign_commercial

Yep.. touting a commercial compaign but wow, what a goal! The film clips
will tug at your heart and make you think of all that created what we
have become.

Thanks, Kate.
I'm going to forward that one on to my mom and aunts, as well as close
friends and cousins!
Made me really think, to kind of go OT, when both my mom and aunt forwarded
me some little survey quiz, and one of the questions was something like,
"What's the one physical thing about yourself that you'd change if you
could." For some reason, it kind of hurt a little to read their responses
and to find out what, about themselves, bothers them.

Old December 20th 06, 04:13 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:36:37 GMT, "xkatx"
the following was posted in blue dry
erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com...ign_commercial

Yep.. touting a commercial compaign but wow, what a goal! The film clips
will tug at your heart and make you think of all that created what we
have become.

Thanks, Kate.
I'm going to forward that one on to my mom and aunts, as well as close
friends and cousins!
Made me really think, to kind of go OT, when both my mom and aunt
forwarded
me some little survey quiz, and one of the questions was something like,
"What's the one physical thing about yourself that you'd change if you
could." For some reason, it kind of hurt a little to read their responses
and to find out what, about themselves, bothers them.

What a powerful (and brave) thing for your womenfolk to do!
We're so bombarded by body image messages. The most powerful messages
are how they alter "beauty" to conform to someone's standard by
digitally "enhancing" the woman's face and hearing the young girls talk
about dieting and they're not even close to fully grown.

Well, I'm not exactly totally happy with my own rear end, but Norm always
said it's perfect. At this point in time, I also still have a bit of the
pregnancy baby flab, but, thankfully, that seems to be slowly disappearing!
My nose is not how I would love it to be and I have small ears Oh, my
hair is also very limp and it takes a major fight for it to be 'socially
acceptable'
Buut... The thought of lypo has never crossed my mind. A nose job, boob job
or anything like that has never been a thing I have wished I could afford or
go through. I've never been on a diet, nor have I counted calories. I
think I'm doing alright.
As I told one snobby lady at the mall who had a somewhat rude comment about
nursing in public - if you don't like the way it looks, quit staring

I know men have body issues too... flat or 6 pack abs, big arms, tall...
but men seem to be more acceptable "as is" (as long as they earn good
money).

That's true. It seems that more of the female population has something
about themselves that bothers them or that they think isn't good enough.
Men have this issue too, but they seem to be less vocal about it. I've
heard many conversations between women about how their boobs are too small,
their ass is too big, their tummy isn't perfect... I don't think I've ever
heard a conversation between a pair of guys that went along the lines of,
"You know, my abs really aren't so great... I really wish this beer belly
never showed up! How can I survive with having a size 11 shoe!!!"
I know for a fact that Norm doesn't like his teeth. I told him that he
might think they're ugly, but they'd be a helluva lot uglier if they were
all black and brown and falling out - or not there at all. Oh, and he has
never dwelled on that issue!

Old December 28th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:13:10 GMT, "xkatx"
the following was posted in blue dry
erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:36:37 GMT, "xkatx"
the following was posted in blue dry
erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
m...
[...]

LOL... we have some weirdos like that here too. I cannot imagine what
makes them think that breasts are for their entertainment only.

Heh. They're intended for babies!!! lol

[...]

You're right... men don't let their looks get in the way.

For the most part, anyways...

On the other hand, I saw a woman, yesterday, with the biggest *ss I've
ever seen in my life. She must have been kidding and shoved a couple of
pillows in there. (bad me).

'Kate

Oh! Reminds me of a friend's friend - the woman is gargantuan! She wears
something like a double E cup or something! I really can't remember, but
it's huge. All natural, she's just big. She's not really disgustingly
fat... She's a big girl, has quite a bit of meat on her, but I'd be willing
to bet that 45% of her 200-and-something lbs weight is boobs. She doesn't
mind them, as she's made it clear that she can and will use those things as
weapons if need be!