now at 42 days

Old January 17th 08, 03:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default now at 42 days

To my surprise my period still hasn't arrived, I was exceedingly
irritable yesterday and assumed it was PMT, but the irritable has
passed, giving way to extreme exhaustion, I have narcolepsy, so feeling
very tired at spots in the day is par for the course for me, but they
usually pass within an hour, this kind of tiredness is much more like
how you feel after a baby has woken you every hour and it just doesn't
go away.

I managed to communicate with DH that he should take DS to church for
supper (there is a canteen supper before an evening activity), thinking
I could get away with giving DD bread and a microwaved egg (if you work
out the time for your microwave you can get it pretty much like a soft
boiled egg, just in a small bowl rather than a shell). Much to my
surprise DH offered to take her too, so it must be obvious.

My boobs are mildly sore. I had the most miniscule speck of spotting,
something that has only ever happened before when pregnant - I've had
spotting with hormonal contraception, but much more obvious. My cervix
has also risen almost out of reach, which is something I've never
noticed in over a year of diaphragm use, but location and feeling of the
cervix isn't something I knew about until later on in my 2nd pregnancy
ish, so I have no measure of normal for me in early pregnancy and I know
that though it rises up later that it's not a reliable technique for
detecting pregnancy.

Rather randomly the thought of early menopause hit me last night, though
I suspect that is less likely than a randomly mega late period or a
pregnancy that for whatever reason hasn't shown positive yet. Last time
I was in this position, I'd just stopped the mini pill and we were
actively trying, but even so, after two negative tests I didn't test
again, until it became necessary to know prior to my wisdom teeth being
removed and I think I just didn't bother because I knew coming of the
mini pill could muck things up and assumed I wasn't pregnant.

I suppose one way to look at this is that it has made me think of more
stuff I want to figure out, change, investigate etc before ttc for real.

Cheers
Anne
Old January 22nd 08, 04:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

On Jan 16, 9:00*pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
[...]

Maybe you've updated and I haven't seen it. Where are you now? Has it
finally come? Any more pg tests? Have you seen a doctor?
Old January 22nd 08, 11:57 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Maybe you've updated and I haven't seen it. Where are you now? Has it
finally come? Any more pg tests? Have you seen a doctor?

yup, I posted again the next morning in "all sorted", my period arrived
the next morning, it was a 43 day cycle, which was my longest ever,
other than one when I was breastfeeding an under 6month old, which I
discount as I had my first period early for a breastfeeding mother, so
not unexpected that there was a gap before the 2nd.

Net result is I've decided to chart using basal body temperature, it it
turns out to not suit me or help me, then so be it, but instead of
shunning it as too hard etc. I decided I might as well at least try it,
if some variation of waking time and using my mouth aren't accurate
enough for me then I probably won't go further, but for the cost of a
thermometer it seemed silly to avoid it. Cervical mucous has proved to
not give me enough clues, I get egg white cm for half or more of my
cycle, so not enough to pin ovulation down even vaguely.

I have an appointment with the OBGYN in a couple of weeks, one long
cycle is barely worth mentioning, but ever since I had my mirena removed
a year ago, my periods have been very light, we're talking using 6
regular tampons over 36hours and none other than the first being soaked,
then switching to pantyliners with barely anything hitting them, I'm a
little concerned that that wouldn't be enough uterine lining to sustain
a pregnancy. They are also exceedingly painful for a few hours, but not
a classical period cramp, I've had they before and I don't have it now,
instead I get stabbing all over the abdomen, that is very sensitive to
movement, it goes away if I lie down, but even going to the toilet is
agony, I've not consulted anyone simply because it is for such a short
length of time and by the time I figured it was a regular thing it was a
few days before my surgery, so now is the first opportunity.

How are you doing?

Cheers
Anne

5 more days to go April & Stewart Pregnancy 5 November 5th 06 05:44 AM
8 days later Moon Shyne Single Parents 0 October 4th 05 01:18 PM
Oh my God, 59 Days to Go?? Carol Ann Pregnancy 19 January 25th 04 08:02 PM
17 days Nina Pregnancy 2 October 13th 03 08:03 PM
One of those Days Moon Shyne Single Parents 3 September 27th 03 07:38 PM