36 week (and 5 days) appointment

Old October 28th 04, 07:33 PM
Zaz

Default 36 week (and 5 days) appointment

All right, it could *really* be anytime soon! And since I have been having
"evening contractions" in the past few days, it means that labour has in
fact already started, albeit very slowly. To my midwife, there is no *false*
labour: every part of it is real, including the early "practice"
contractions (0,5 hour apart, was my case yesterday).

Everything checked OK once again: BP, uterus is at 38 cm, baby's upside
down, and her head has already started to go down. Her heartbeat is just all
right, very healthy - none of those "heartbeat hiccups" anymore.

We discussed the administration of vitamin K after the birth (which I
believe I will go ahead with) and of antibiotics in the eyes (which I
believe I will decline), and I have some reading to do before we make the
decisions on both counts.

My friend Diane came with me (the one who'll be accompanying me during
childbirth), and she was very impressed by the warmth, professionalism and
sense of security of the birth centre.

We discussed parenthood with my midwife, and I was happy we did. There are
still some unlifted corners around the coming situation that are causing me
angst, and she helped defuse many of my inner fears.

A good visit, which I hope was the last one before birth!

Isabelle

Old October 29th 04, 12:26 AM
Leslie

Isabelle said:

To my midwife, there is no *false*
labour: every part of it is real, including the early "practice"
contractions (0,5 hour apart, was my case yesterday).

Well, I love her philosophy! I've been having really hard BH contractions for
days now!

Everything checked OK once again: BP, uterus is at 38 cm, baby's upside
down, and her head has already started to go down. Her heartbeat is just all
right, very healthy - none of those "heartbeat hiccups" anymore.

Sounds wonderful!

We discussed the administration of vitamin K after the birth (which I
believe I will go ahead with) and of antibiotics in the eyes (which I
believe I will decline), and I have some reading to do before we make the
decisions on both counts.

My friend Diane came with me (the one who'll be accompanying me during
childbirth), and she was very impressed by the warmth, professionalism and
sense of security of the birth centre.

We discussed parenthood with my midwife, and I was happy we did. There are
still some unlifted corners around the coming situation that are causing me
angst, and she helped defuse many of my inner fears.

A good visit, which I hope was the last one before birth!

I hope so too!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 29th 04, 01:21 AM
Cathy

Zaz wrote:
All right, it could *really* be anytime soon!

All the best! I look forward to reading a birth story soon.
Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old October 29th 04, 08:45 PM
H Schinske

Isabelle said:

To my midwife, there is no *false*
labour: every part of it is real, including the early "practice"
contractions (0,5 hour apart, was my case yesterday).

Okay, so I get to say I had a three-MONTH labor, then? And with my twins, a
four-month labor ending in a C-section? :-)

--Helen