December due dates

Old October 24th 04, 06:24 PM
Sarah Vaughan

Default December due dates

(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life as

usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old October 25th 04, 01:37 AM
Cathy

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life
as

usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Tiredness seems to have taken hold! It would be a lot better if I didn't
wake up at 2 am needing to pee, and then taking up to 2 hours to get back to
sleep. Braxton-Hicks are present - not as painful as they were a few months
ago, thankfully. There don't seem to be any new stratch marks - just old
ones reopening. But then last time I didn't think I had got any till I
coudl see under my belly again!!

Things seem to be lined up for the birth - home birth planned, so not much
to line up - make sure DH is home, and hope that Nana is available to look
after the toddler. I have started washing some of the clothes (newborn
clothes are so cute!) as they have been in storage nearly 2 years.

Other than that, it is only 6 weeks to go (in theory) - panic! There still
seems to be so much stuff unrelated to baby that I need to try and do
between now and then, and then when Christmas parties are thrown in, I just
don't think I'll have time to get most of it done.

I look forward to hearing how other December due people are getting on.

Cathy
EDD Dec 8

Old October 25th 04, 03:56 AM
ModernMiko

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life
as

usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

Belly has definitely popped although still doesn't look like I am only 6
weeks away from due date. My husband and BIL's wife threw me a surprise baby
shower Sat and a good friend who is due 2 days before me has a much bigger
tummy. Hers is round from under the breasts all the way down. Mine
roundedness stops at a little below my belly button. But at least I look
pregnant now :-) Lots of BHs and aches and pains and quite a few punches (or
kicks - don't know which right now) that sometimes make me think he's gonna
punch his way out LOL. Everything is set except for how much I am going to
work after I take 6-8 weeks off. We might be able to swing it that I won't
for a year or two. That would be nice because I have to commute so dang far.
No new stretch marks - got those with DS#1. DH and I went through a few
tough weeks due to some personal intimate relations issues but I think we've
workd through that. I hope. I got tired of crying and the hormones didn't
help LOL. Getting excited about seeing this little guy and so is DH and
DS#1.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old October 29th 04, 12:10 AM
Rebecca McGraw

Sarah Vaughan wrote:
(With many thanks to Mary S., original author!)

How are you feeling, seven-monthers? Enjoying your beautiful belly?
Any braxton hicks? Aches and pains, or are you carrying on with life as
usual? Everything lined up for the birth, maternity leave, found a
doula, taken a breastfeeding class, toured the birth center/hospital,
happy with the care you're getting so far? Hormones going crazy?
Enjoying those secret smiles that other women give you on the street?
Stretch marks are hard-earned badges of honor, just remember that.

I ache. Mainly in my back, and ribs, and at night in my hips. And my
arms fall asleep and I'm getting carpal tunnel syndome. But the rest of
me is fine! No heartburn yet, or rashes (cross fingers!) We just
finished baby class, took the hospital tour (DH is all about getting a
room with a whirlpool, and he took special care to find out where the
'free' coffee and juice is on the maternity floor) and have about 5
weeks to go. I've only gained 15.5 lbs so far (at 35 weeks, doctor says
that's OK though) so I only have a few little stretch marks, and my
belly button hasn't popped yet either but I still think it will by the end.

We had a 35-week ultrasound the other day but didn't get a good look at
the baby as she had her arms up over her face. But the sharp thing in my
ribs is a 7cm-long foot! Also she's head down but facing backwards, so
unless she decides to turn some it's looking like back labor for me. I
after that till labor.

Hormones....I just about turned my husband inside out the other day
because he did laundry but didn't wash any of my maternity slacks, and
all I had clean to put on the lower half of my body was jeans. Sure, it
was Friday, but my new boss doesn't like us wearing jeans to work, even
on Friday. I'm still not sure why it made me so angry!

How is everyone else doing?

Rebecca
edd Dec 2 2004, with the Unnamed Girl.

Old October 29th 04, 12:24 AM
Leslie

Rebecca said:

I ache. Mainly in my back, and ribs, and at night in my hips.

I had that hip thing, and it ended up going away! Are you putting a pillow
between your legs?

And my
arms fall asleep and I'm getting carpal tunnel syndome.

Is that not the worst? I have that so bad it is starting to affect my quality
of life. I have to take breaks from typing or writing, and I can hardly drive
or hold a telephone.

But the rest of
me is fine! No heartburn yet, or rashes (cross fingers!)

Yay!

We just
finished baby class, took the hospital tour (DH is all about getting a
room with a whirlpool,

I SO wish we had that available. I'm planning to hang out at home as long as
possible in my claw-foot tub, a wonderful thing for a pregnany woman to have!

and he took special care to find out where the
'free' coffee and juice is on the maternity floor) and have about 5
weeks to go.

I hope it flies by!

I've only gained 15.5 lbs so far (at 35 weeks, doctor says
that's OK though) so I only have a few little stretch marks, and my
belly button hasn't popped yet either but I still think it will by the end.

We had a 35-week ultrasound the other day but didn't get a good look at
the baby as she had her arms up over her face. But the sharp thing in my
ribs is a 7cm-long foot!

Ouch!

Also she's head down but facing backwards, so
unless she decides to turn some it's looking like back labor for me.

There's still plenty of time for that, at least.

after that till labor.

Hormones....I just about turned my husband inside out the other day
because he did laundry but didn't wash any of my maternity slacks, and
all I had clean to put on the lower half of my body was jeans. Sure, it
was Friday, but my new boss doesn't like us wearing jeans to work, even
on Friday. I'm still not sure why it made me so angry!

Sounds like hormones all right. I'm in a state right now that as soon as my
husband gets home I start to cry for no reason. Usually that doesn't happen
until after the birth. So I hope I'm just getting it out of the way now!

Glad you are doing so well, Rebecca! I can't believe you are so close.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 29th 04, 01:01 PM
Rebecca McGraw

Leslie wrote:

Rebecca said:

I ache. Mainly in my back, and ribs, and at night in my hips.

I had that hip thing, and it ended up going away! Are you putting a pillow
between your legs?

I sleep with 4 pillows, two under my head, one to my back, and one to my
front. When I roll over I just have to reposition my knees. I actually
slept MUCH better last night and don't ache hardly at all this morning.
I wish I knew what I did so I can do it again! Only thing I did
different last night is I sat on my butt from the second I got home from
work until I went to bed....really! Stood up for about 10 minutes to
wash a sinkful of dishes, which are threatening to overtake the kitchen.
We just scrounged for supper and that worked out well...maybe the
extra rest helped.

And my
arms fall asleep and I'm getting carpal tunnel syndome.

Is that not the worst? I have that so bad it is starting to affect my quality
of life. I have to take breaks from typing or writing, and I can hardly drive
or hold a telephone.

I'm starting to drop things and sometimes I get shooting pains when I
pick up a pen or a fork. I've had bad carpal tunnel before, when I was
in my early twenties and my boyfriend (now husband) and I worked in a
fish cannery in Alaska for the summer. I had saved my splints so I dug
them out and have been wearing them around, and it seems to help. Not
sure if it's just placebo or not but I'll take anything! I slept in them
last night also so maybe that has something to do with my sleeping
better as well.

We just
finished baby class, took the hospital tour (DH is all about getting a
room with a whirlpool,

I SO wish we had that available. I'm planning to hang out at home as long as
possible in my claw-foot tub, a wonderful thing for a pregnany woman to have!

It's only available in a few of the rooms...John said that the first
words out of his mouth when we check in will be "Whirlpool room!"
because they are first-come, first-served.

Our home tub is nasty and shallow

Also she's head down but facing backwards, so
unless she decides to turn some it's looking like back labor for me.

There's still plenty of time for that, at least.

I hope so. How late do babies flip-flop? It felt like she was flopping
all over the place yesterday!

Glad you are doing so well, Rebecca! I can't believe you are so close.

Leslie

Thanks! Wow, just about a month to go! We got the baby's room
sheetrocked last weekend, and this weekend we putty and tape and
commence with the painting. I'm so ready for it to be done so John can
get back to work on the kitchen...I made him stop the kitchen work to do
the baby's room, but with us both working full time during the week it
pretty much has to happen on the weekends. I really dislike living in a
construction zone, but it will be very nice when we're done, eventually.

YOU are so close! Mere DAYS from having your little girl!! I mean,
November starts next Monday, after all.

Off to work now,
Rebecca

Old October 30th 04, 04:45 AM
Leslie

Rebecca said:

I sleep with 4 pillows, two under my head, one to my back, and one to my
front. When I roll over I just have to reposition my knees.

That sounds good!

I actually
slept MUCH better last night and don't ache hardly at all this morning.
I wish I knew what I did so I can do it again!

It's funny how it comes and goes.

Only thing I did
different last night is I sat on my butt from the second I got home from
work until I went to bed....really! Stood up for about 10 minutes to
wash a sinkful of dishes, which are threatening to overtake the kitchen.
We just scrounged for supper and that worked out well...maybe the
extra rest helped.

I'll bet you anything it did. I know I can really tell a difference when I
overdo.

And my
arms fall asleep and I'm getting carpal tunnel syndome.

Is that not the worst? I have that so bad it is starting to affect my

quality
of life. I have to take breaks from typing or writing, and I can hardly

drive
or hold a telephone.

I'm starting to drop things and sometimes I get shooting pains when I
pick up a pen or a fork. I've had bad carpal tunnel before, when I was
in my early twenties and my boyfriend (now husband) and I worked in a
fish cannery in Alaska for the summer. I had saved my splints so I dug
them out and have been wearing them around, and it seems to help. Not
sure if it's just placebo or not but I'll take anything! I slept in them
last night also so maybe that has something to do with my sleeping
better as well.

I keep forgetting to ask my OB about splints. Oh well, it is not much longer
now anyway.

We just
finished baby class, took the hospital tour (DH is all about getting a
room with a whirlpool,

I SO wish we had that available. I'm planning to hang out at home as long

as
possible in my claw-foot tub, a wonderful thing for a pregnany woman to

have!

It's only available in a few of the rooms...John said that the first
words out of his mouth when we check in will be "Whirlpool room!"
because they are first-come, first-served.

Our home tub is nasty and shallow

Ours last time I was pregnant was like that--the water barely covered any of
me!

Also she's head down but facing backwards, so
unless she decides to turn some it's looking like back labor for me.

There's still plenty of time for that, at least.

I hope so. How late do babies flip-flop? It felt like she was flopping
all over the place yesterday!

My second baby went from head down to breech the day before he was born, and he
weighed 11.5.

Glad you are doing so well, Rebecca! I can't believe you are so close.

Leslie

Thanks! Wow, just about a month to go! We got the baby's room
sheetrocked last weekend, and this weekend we putty and tape and
commence with the painting.

Oh, how fun!

I'm so ready for it to be done so John can
get back to work on the kitchen...I made him stop the kitchen work to do
the baby's room, but with us both working full time during the week it
pretty much has to happen on the weekends. I really dislike living in a
construction zone, but it will be very nice when we're done, eventually.

There is nothing worse than living like that--we had drywall put up in Jake's
rooms last December. It was supposed to be a few days' job but it went on for
weeks--I thought I would lose my mind.

YOU are so close! Mere DAYS from having your little girl!! I mean,
November starts next Monday, after all.

:-)

December due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 2 September 9th 04 02:46 AM
December due dates 12/04 Mary S. Pregnancy 6 August 10th 04 12:31 PM
December due dates, TTC'ers, and new members Mary Pregnancy 20 April 4th 04 08:53 PM
December due dates Mary Pregnancy 16 December 3rd 03 05:40 PM
December due dates Sharon Bailey Glasco Pregnancy 3 September 3rd 03 01:07 PM