Have you tried an electric toothbrush?

Old May 4th 04, 09:24 PM
John Doe

Default Have you tried an electric toothbrush?

Troll.

"Subject: Return of village idiot JS is back"

consider the source and laugh about the ignorance displayed"

Texas."

"Your posturing and sophomoric debate efforts warrant no tit-for-tat
tete-a-tete, and while you may view your every utterance as equally
unique and praiseworthy, you are wrong. In polite society, one's more
noisome comments are said to be beneath others' notice. So, following
customary rules of civil dialog, I let your more boorish and redundant
comments go without the dignity of a response."

....and so on about the reply author.

(Jonathan Smith) wrote

Subject: Have you tried an electric toothbrush?
Date: 4 May 2004 07:41:15 -0700

. net

snip
Old May 5th 04, 03:12 AM
CBI

John Doe wrote:
Troll.

Hmmmmm......

You post your personal opinion as fact.

I suggested that there is at least one study that
contradicts it and told you the source of the study.

You asked for me to be more specific and give the exact
issue.

A simple search of the publication's website revealed the
information you requested and I passed it along to you.

You then replied by insulting me, finding fault with the
information I provided at your request, then topped it off
by claiming that the study you admit you didn't read is
faulty.

JS correctly points out that your argument is nothing more
than anecdotal but that there is objective evidence
available (some but not all of which supports your view) if
only you would bother to look.

You responded by insulting him and this time not even making
any pretense of discussing the issue.

Who is the troll?

Old May 5th 04, 07:16 AM
Jonathan Smith

John Doe wrote in message ...
Troll.

consider the source and laugh about the ignorance displayed"

Texas."

"Your posturing and sophomoric debate efforts warrant no tit-for-tat
tete-a-tete, and while you may view your every utterance as equally
unique and praiseworthy, you are wrong. In polite society, one's more
noisome comments are said to be beneath others' notice. So, following
customary rules of civil dialog, I let your more boorish and redundant
comments go without the dignity of a response."

...and so on about the reply author.

Now that is priceless. You quote a troll from another NG and that is
how you want to make your point?

You are amazing.

Typical. No data, no concept, no brains.

You are a waste of bandwidth.

js
Old May 5th 04, 02:07 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 5, 2004

"CBI" wrote in message
ink.net...
John Doe wrote:
[...]

What do you expect from someone who cannot even spell his name right, i.e.
John Do(p)e?

Old May 6th 04, 07:48 AM
John Doe

"CBI" wrote
John Doe wrote:

You post your personal opinion as fact.

An opinion derived from three and one-half years experience using various
electric toothbrushes. Before that I used manual. I know the difference. I
also understand the mechanics behind the improvement.

I suggested that there is at least one study that
contradicts it and told you the source of the study.
You asked for me to be more specific and give the exact
issue.
A simple search of the publication's website revealed the
information you requested and I passed it along to you.

You expect me to subscribe to Consumer Reports in order to substantiate
your recollection of their opinion.

Can you quote something from the article?

You then replied by insulting me, finding fault with the
information I provided at your request, then topped it off
by claiming that the study you admit you didn't read is
faulty.

Your recollection of their opinion.

JS correctly points out that your argument is nothing more
than anecdotal

Where do you find that meaning of "anecdotal". I quoted testimony of other
Usenet users about their satisfaction with the electric toothbrush. The
enthusiasm was a pleasure reading. There are dozens if not hundreds more
where those experiences came from.

but that there is objective evidence available (some but not all of
which supports your view) if only you would bother to look.

My view is from three and one-half years experience.

You responded by insulting him

Do you think Jonathan Smith is a delicate flower in need of protection?

I simply provided quotes from others in various groups who Jonathan Smith
has recently trolled.

and this time not even making any pretense of discussing the issue.

I think Jonathan Smith prefers debating himself.

Who is the troll?

Why do you claim to be a doctor?

Why not promote good dental health for kids?

From: "CBI"
Newsgroups: misc.kids.health

. net

Subject: Have you
tried an electric toothbrush? Lines: 33
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 02:12:18 GMT

%rwhois V-1.5:003fff:00 siberia.megapath.net (by Network Solutions, Inc. V-
1.5.7.3)
network:Class-Name:network
network:ID:NET-66.80.94.20/30
network:Auth-Area:66.80.0.0/16
network:Network-Name:66.80.0.0/16-56264
network:IP-Network:66.80.94.20/30
network:Organization;I:Marc Posner
network:Organization-Address;I:Private Address

network:Created:20040505
network:Updated:20040505

%ok

Old May 6th 04, 08:14 AM
John Doe

Troll.

begin prior header information
From: (amp_spamfree)
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.food.cooking
Subject: OT: I Wonder How The "Quislings" Are Feeling Now...???
Date: 14 May 2003 05:57:31 -0700
end prior header information

(Jonathan Smith) wrote

From:
(Jonathan Smith)
Newsgroups: misc.kids.health

Old May 6th 04, 02:06 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 6, 2004

"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
"CBI" wrote

snipped for focus

JS correctly points out that your argument is nothing more
than anecdotal

Where do you find that meaning of "anecdotal". I quoted testimony of other
Usenet users about their satisfaction with the electric toothbrush. The
enthusiasm was a pleasure reading. There are dozens if not hundreds more
where those experiences came from.

However, each one constitutes one anecdote. "Data" is not the plural of
anecdote.

but that there is objective evidence available (some but not all of
which supports your view) if only you would bother to look.

My view is from three and one-half years experience.

Another anecdote.

You responded by insulting him

Do you think Jonathan Smith is a delicate flower in need of protection?

Nope. The comment reflects on your actions, not JS's needs.

I simply provided quotes from others in various groups who Jonathan Smith
has recently trolled.

Your resorting to calling those who take you to task a troll is
demonstrative of a true troll.

and this time not even making any pretense of discussing the issue.

I think Jonathan Smith prefers debating himself.

Who is the troll?

Why do you claim to be a doctor?

Because CBI is?

Why not promote good dental health for kids?

by your definition.

BTW, I use an electric toothbrush and so do my kids.

Old May 6th 04, 02:06 PM
M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 6, 2004

"John Doe" wrote in message
.. .
Troll.

As expected. Cannot engage in rational discussion without this.

begin prior header information
From: (amp_spamfree)
Newsgroups: rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.food.cooking
Date: 14 May 2003 05:57:31 -0700