Taking this place back!

Old September 10th 06, 11:08 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default Taking this place back!

Well, crunch time for me, I think!

Last Monday, I passed on a message to Norm through his sister and she did
pass the message on to him. I just simply said that today is Monday, I
would like all of his stuff out by no later than next Monday. I figured a
week was fair enough. I'm tired of being his personal storage space,
especially with the way things have been going. He's basically ditched
everything here for the past month and a half or so. I just asked his
sister to let him know, and if he wants it, he can bring my stuff over (the
computer) and take his stuff - whatever he has here of personal items -
clothing, tools, whatever. I'm not going to fight over his stuff, hold his
stuff as hostage because I'm ****ed or anything like that. If he wants it,
come and get it, please give me about a day's notice so I can 1) be home 2)
not make plans 3) know when to expect him and be prepared 4) take the kids
somewhere to not be around. I was basically as diplomatic as possible, and
I said if it was still here come Monday, I would get rid of it. (Donate it,
garbage it, whatever the case may be)

Well, it's now late Sunday afternoon. He hasn't called, has made no attempt
to claim his belongings. AFAIC, he has decided he doesn't want it. If he
calls tonight, which if he calls at all, I think he'll try late tonight or
tomorrow morning, it's going to be too late. It's all gone now, kinda.

I was going to spend this evening hauling stuff out to the dumpster and to
the car (depending on what is good, useable stuff to donate and what is
clearly garbage) but I decided not to. I'm not going to dump it in the
garbage or haul it off... I've moved ALL of his stuff that I've come across
to the corner of the basement, under the stairs. It's out of sight, out of
mind. My dad offered today to haul stuff out for me - like his big old
computer desk - and drop it off at the dumpster bin at his work. I figure
what's the point. I'll just pile it all up and leave it to rot there, and
when I'm alright with things - just life in general, perhaps - if he's made
no attempt at all, at that point in the future I'll just get rid of it once
and for all. I'm starting to question if this is the right and mature thing
to do, or if I should just follow through with disposing of it all one way
or another.

I'm just trying to organize this place a bit better. My mom took Brandon
for the day. Once my dad and brother were done here helping to move some of
the bigger stuff (like the deep freeze from in the kitchen to the basement)
my dad went off to work and my mom took my brother home and took Bran along
with her so I could possibly get something done here during the day. The
basement has a dent in it... Not much, but a small dent. It's these toys
that are so out of control. I think I'll get Amie up from her nap, head off
to Walmart and see if I can find some small storage bins to sort and
organize toys. There's a lot of them and everywhere, so I figured bins
would work nice. Sort the toys out, put each type of toys in separate bins,
mark them and put them in shelves. Whatever doesn't fit in bins - as the
case may be that there's enough small cars and trucks to fill 2938 bins,
keep just 1 bin and either box up and store for rotation or donate/give away
the rest.
Once I get this basement under control, I'm going to work on my bedroom -
decluttering, boxing up what needs to stay but there's no room for, giving
away what I don't want or need, trashing what's garbage. Then on to Amie's
room, and I want to switch rooms with her as soon as possible so she's not
angry or difficult, or confused, as to why out of nowhere she has a new room
AND there's this other *thing* in there with her in *HER* room and space.
I'm kind of getting excited with setting up the room after we switch and
making it all nice and pretty and ready - I'm also looking forward to
setting up the crib and making a little girls'/sisters' room!
Then... Moving on to Bran's room... That kid just has waaaaay too much
stuff. His room is somewhat acceptable for the next little while, just so
long as he picks up his toys every day, I'm alright with that. He's
normally pretty good with that, so I'm not too worried. I've already gone
into his room twice now, I think, with a garbage bag and claimed as my own
anything and everything that was on the floor and shouldn't have been I
think he's learning - as soon as I leave the room to go downstairs to find a
garbage bag, by the time I come up, he has most of the stuff picked up.

Anyways... I hear the baby is up from her nap already. We'll hit the
Walmart for a couple bins to start off with! Today was fairly productive
and alright.

Old October 16th 06, 07:21 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
CME

"xkatx" wrote in message
Well, crunch time for me, I think!

Last Monday, I passed on a message to Norm through his sister and she did
pass the message on to him. I just simply said that today is Monday, I
would like all of his stuff out by no later than next Monday. I figured a
week was fair enough. I'm tired of being his personal storage space,
especially with the way things have been going. He's basically ditched
everything here for the past month and a half or so.

Wow I've been away for awhile. So what's the scoop? You broke up with Norm?

Christine