Ventaire bottles

Old August 4th 04, 03:08 AM
Jody Pellerin

Default Ventaire bottles

Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if I
don't have to.

Old August 4th 04, 03:21 AM
Tori M.

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what

did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if

don't have to.

I hated the ventaire bottle that I got when Bonnie was younger but I got one
when she was 7-8 months since it was the cheapest single bottle at the store
and I forgot to bring one with me and it worked better... dont know why.. If
I was you I would buy 1 to see if it works.. I had most luck from the cheep
Gerber bottles with rubber nipples and making sure the side vents sayed
unblocked.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 4th 04, 03:24 AM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
Jody Pellerin wrote:
Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if I
don't have to.

I agree with Tori. Try one and see if it helps. It's the only bottle
we've ever used with Emily; but all of her gas problems were traced to
formula, so I can't say if they helped or not.

Liz & Emily (5/25/04)

--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old August 4th 04, 03:41 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Jody Pellerin wrote:

Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if I
don't have to.

No clue if they're any good, but I picked up one box (came with 2
bottles) to add to my collection of bottles to try (so far I've only got
those two and three Avent ones). The one thing I don't like about them
so far is that I can't find the nipples anywhere in stores. The box
came with 4 nipples and once I use up those 4 I guess that's it.

Hmmm, question for *you*: how many bottles do you go through in a day?
Old August 4th 04, 04:10 AM
Tori M.

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
. ..
Jody Pellerin wrote:

Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what

did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and

fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money

if I
don't have to.

No clue if they're any good, but I picked up one box (came with 2
bottles) to add to my collection of bottles to try (so far I've only got
those two and three Avent ones). The one thing I don't like about them
so far is that I can't find the nipples anywhere in stores. The box
came with 4 nipples and once I use up those 4 I guess that's it.

Hmmm, question for *you*: how many bottles do you go through in a day?

Yes I am stalking you Anyway I used 8 a day I think I had 16 bottles at
one point and filled them every 2 days.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 4th 04, 04:18 AM
Jody Pellerin

She goes through about 6 a day right now. and like Tori, I make enough for
two days.
You can find the nipples here, however, from what I read, the stage 1
nipples, the ones that come with the bottles don't work well. The stage 2
nipples work better. Read the reviews on the babiesrus.com website for the
ventaire bottles, it explains it better.

Old August 4th 04, 04:42 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Jody Pellerin wrote:
She goes through about 6 a day right now. and like Tori, I make enough for
two days.

Thanks to you both.

You can find the nipples here, however, from what I read, the stage 1
nipples, the ones that come with the bottles don't work well. The stage 2
nipples work better. Read the reviews on the babiesrus.com website for the

Hmmm... Well I've got one more store to try, so maybe I'll be able to
find the nipples. It seems pretty stupid that no one will sell the
nipples here. Oh well. There are other brands. Sounds like I'll need
to pick up more bottles anyway, so I'll try a third brand. I have no
idea what my baby (or we, for that matter) will like, so I don't want to
get too many of the same kind.
Old August 4th 04, 04:43 AM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jody Pellerin wrote:

Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if I
don't have to.

They leaked for me constantly and the nipple would collapse almost
immediately.

We settled on the Dr. Brown bottles; the nipple does NOT collapse and
they are NOT expensive bottles (3 for $12 or so).

Old August 4th 04, 06:10 AM
Jody Pellerin

That's a very good idea. And not as much bottles, but get different nipples.
If you try the Playtex bottles with liners, get the newer nipples, the
Naturalatch ones, I think it's called. I found them much better then the old
standard flat tipped nipples. Also, try to get silicone if you can. Laytex
dries out faster, doesn't last as long and gets sticky and gunky after a
while. Silicone is far better.
If you need nipples for your Ventaire bottles, let me know. I could pick
them up and ship them to you if you can't find them. Also, get a bottle of
Ovol drops or Gripe Water, you'll be glad you have it on hand when your baby
hits any fussiness/really gassy times

Old August 4th 04, 12:30 PM
Sophie

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
Has anybody here used the Playtex Advance/Ventaire bottles? If so, what

did
you think of them? Do they really reduce/eliminate gas? I'm considering
getting a set because Brittany has a serious issue with gas and fussiness
lately but they are rather expensive so I don't want to waste the money if

don't have to.

Tried them with baby #2 - hated them.

I swear by Avent.

Medela bottles for EBM, and grandma Jill Pregnancy 32 June 27th 04 11:19 PM
bottles at daycare toypup General 12 March 22nd 04 05:13 PM
Washing Bottles: A Film To Remember Jrogold Breastfeeding 5 February 17th 04 07:25 PM
Similac Advance Foam - Dr. Browns/ Ventaire Andrea General 4 January 24th 04 01:05 AM
Bottles at night Ali's Daddie General 15 July 27th 03 05:02 AM