Level 2 Sono Today

Old August 23rd 06, 09:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
New York Jen

Default Level 2 Sono Today

And, drumroll please....

it's a GIRL!

So looks like Laszlo and Lily will have a little sister.

The only thing that wasn't perfect, is that she has "choroid plexus cysts" -
which are basically meaningless cysts on part of the brain. The doctor
assured me it's nothing to worry about. Sometimes they are associated with
Trisomy 18, but the baby doesn't have that, so we're in the clear.

She is right on target for size and she was moving around like a MANIAC! It
was so funny. My other 2 kids were pretty mellow at sonograms, this one is
all over the place. Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

:-)

Jen, Momma to Laszlo, Lily and (as of now) Ella Violet

--
visit http://www.cutethreads.com
Tie Dyed Clothing, Embroidery, Dresses

Old August 23rd 06, 11:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

"New York Jen" wrote in message
And, drumroll please....

it's a GIRL!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I'm glad that the cysts are harmless too, and look
forward to reading Ella Violet's birth story when she arrives!

Lucy x

Old August 23rd 06, 11:45 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:23:22 -0400, "New York Jen"
wrote:

And, drumroll please....

it's a GIRL!

Congratulations!!!

So looks like Laszlo and Lily will have a little sister.

The only thing that wasn't perfect, is that she has "choroid plexus cysts" -
which are basically meaningless cysts on part of the brain. The doctor
assured me it's nothing to worry about. Sometimes they are associated with
Trisomy 18, but the baby doesn't have that, so we're in the clear.

She is right on target for size and she was moving around like a MANIAC! It
was so funny. My other 2 kids were pretty mellow at sonograms, this one is
all over the place. Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

:-)

Jen, Momma to Laszlo, Lily and (as of now) Ella Violet

What a lovely name :-)

Nan

Old August 24th 06, 01:53 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betrtimes

New York Jen wrote:
And, drumroll please....

it's a GIRL!

So looks like Laszlo and Lily will have a little sister.

The only thing that wasn't perfect, is that she has "choroid plexus
cysts" - which are basically meaningless cysts on part of the brain. The
doctor assured me it's nothing to worry about. Sometimes they
are associated with Trisomy 18, but the baby doesn't have that, so
we're in the clear.
She is right on target for size and she was moving around like a
MANIAC! It was so funny. My other 2 kids were pretty mellow at
sonograms, this one is all over the place. Hope it's not a sign of
things to come!
:-)

Jen, Momma to Laszlo, Lily and (as of now) Ella Violet

is that the color she will turn when she throws a tantrum??

Old August 24th 06, 02:56 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nina Pretty Ballerina

[...]

how lovely. congrats. did you name the other too so early? are you prone
to changing your mind?

good luck with the rest of the pg

chris

Old August 24th 06, 03:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
New York Jen

"Nina Pretty Ballerina" wrote in message

[...]

I named my son when I was 19...he was born when I was 30. :-) My hubby
picked his middle name, since the name came with me when I met him at 27.
My son's name would have been Lily if he were a girl and we were still fond
of that name when we found out we were having a girl, so we decided to use
it.

I don't think it's going to change, since we both like it.

Does it seem early to name a baby? I have always had the names picked out
ages in advance...with my son Laszlo, I got a LOT of resistance, but he IS
SUCH a Laszlo! My mom tells me all the time how much she hated his name but
how much it fits him (because he's unique, quirky, etc.)

Old August 24th 06, 03:12 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
FlowerGirl

[...]

Congrats!! Glad the cysts are harmless.
....and I do like the name ... a subtle way to work in that "L" connection

(...and I am taking credit for that name as I recall e-mailing you way back
when I was pregnant with H ... "Ella" was the original girl's name we had
picked out ;P .. well until DH changed his mind anyway)

Amanda

Old August 24th 06, 04:24 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Tori M

Does it seem early to name a baby? I have always had the names picked out
ages in advance...with my son Laszlo, I got a LOT of resistance, but he IS
SUCH a Laszlo! My mom tells me all the time how much she hated his name
but how much it fits him (because he's unique, quirky, etc.)

We already have 2 names picked out and we are not even trying.. at all..
seriously.. lol

Logan Wayne OR Annabeth Bernice

Tori

Old August 24th 06, 06:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

"New York Jen" wrote in message
I named my son when I was 19...he was born when I was 30. :-) My hubby
picked his middle name, since the name came with me when I met him at 27.
My son's name would have been Lily if he were a girl and we were still

fond
of that name when we found out we were having a girl, so we decided to use
it.

I don't think it's going to change, since we both like it.

Does it seem early to name a baby? I have always had the names picked out
ages in advance...with my son Laszlo, I got a LOT of resistance, but he IS
SUCH a Laszlo! My mom tells me all the time how much she hated his name

but
how much it fits him (because he's unique, quirky, etc.)

I don't think it's too early to name the baby. Jessica was not only named
whilst in the womb, but had already been shortened to Jessie - to the horror
of the midwifre, who'd asked and been told the baby was going to be Jessica,
and was stunned when I greeted the baby as Jessie. We love the name both
ways, but she couldn't get over the name being shortened so quickly!

Anyway, I'm rambling... My point was, I think it can help you to bond with
the baby... You know that she's a girl already, why not name her? Until I
knew, tbh, it was just some annonymous baby that would arrive in a few
months... Once I found out she was a girl, I could talk to her, and was
looking forward to meeting a Jessica!

And, FWIW, I love the name Laszlo!

Lucy x

Old August 24th 06, 06:24 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lucy-lu

"Tori M" wrote in message
news

We already have 2 names picked out and we are not even trying.. at all..
seriously.. lol

Logan Wayne OR Annabeth Bernice

Tori

Heh, that's like the total opposite of me and my DH! We loved the names
Jessica Kate (after his nan) and Cameron Jay... However, we've used up
Jessica, and my smelly brother stole Cameron a couple of months ago when he
had my nephew!!! If and when we have #2 we're stuck as they were the only
two names we wanted!

(TIP: If you have a smelly bro that's also expecting, don't tell him the
names you like!)

Lucy