ectopic pregnancy question

Old February 9th 07, 11:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Yiddishkeit

Default ectopic pregnancy question

Hi,
I had a tubal ligation last august, cut and cauterized. I always had
a regular cycle before the surgery and also after. either day 29 or
thirty. now its 5 days late. I have never been late before, and am
really worried about it. If for some weird reason, I somehow managed
to get pregnant, despite being cut and cauterized, how long would it
take for an ectopic pregnancy to show up on a home pregnancy test?
would it show up right away like in a normal pregnancy on it? if I
were to go to the doc next week if it still has not come, when it
would be a little over a week late, would there be enough hcg to have
a pos. blood test if it were ectopic? thanks.

Old February 9th 07, 12:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Yiddishkeit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I had a tubal ligation last august, cut and cauterized. I always had
a regular cycle before the surgery and also after. either day 29 or
thirty. now its 5 days late. I have never been late before, and am
really worried about it. If for some weird reason, I somehow managed
to get pregnant, despite being cut and cauterized, how long would it
take for an ectopic pregnancy to show up on a home pregnancy test?
would it show up right away like in a normal pregnancy on it? if I
were to go to the doc next week if it still has not come, when it
would be a little over a week late, would there be enough hcg to have
a pos. blood test if it were ectopic? thanks.

I think that you get the same testing time if it's ectopic. ie you can test
from the day of missed period. Tubals have (rarely) been known to recify
themselves, so it would be possible, if unlikely, that you are normally
pregnant. It's most likely that your period is just late for some reason.
I think if you leave it another week you could be getting pain if it's
ectopic (depending on where) so it might be worth testing.
Debbie

Old February 9th 07, 02:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
alath

Get it looked in to. Let your provider know about this.

If the pregnancy test is +, expect a delay of some days or a week or
so before the pregnancy is large enough to determine its location by
ultrasound.

If the pregnancy test is -, you're off the hook ;-)