Maybe they can collect off his life insurance, we've seen that expressedbefore

Old April 7th 07, 08:46 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer

Default Maybe they can collect off his life insurance, we've seen that expressedbefore

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/613376.html

Okay, child support leeches, I beg you to justify taking money from a
man slowly dying of cancer. How does it further the interests of the
child to make a man with a terminal disease live out his last days in
the poor house? How does that further the child’s interests.

Here’s what head bloodsucker and leech Judith McPhee had to say about
draining away money that could pay for his medicine:

"While individuals paying child support can get a break on paying
arrears once they’ve applied to the provincial court to have their
payments reduced, Ms. McPhee explained that the province must continue
to collect the money until informed otherwise. Circumstances certainly
change from the time orders are made," she said. "People lose their
jobs, people change jobs, they have second families and third families
and circumstances change. But it’s up to the judge to determine based on
the evidence . . . whether or not he or she thinks a reduction is in
order.""
"

Okay, jackass, let me explain something to you: this is not him changing
a job, this is him potentially preparing for his final days on earth.
Would it really be beneath you to find a judge and ask for five minutes
to rectify this situation? I hope you can sleep well at night,
because you’re sending a man on his deathbed out into the streets with
no medicine and no hope of at least dying in comfort.

http://www.ncprevue.com/blog
Old April 7th 07, 09:03 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

This is just another example of how the government's interest drives how
they administer CS cases. There is no government interest in reducing a
dying man's CS obligation. The government hides behind the legal barrier
that it is up to the obligor to go to a judge to get a reduction. Even when
the government is fully aware a change has occurred, they will not act, and
they will not help facilitate a modification of CS.

To demonstrate how one-sided this type of thinking is consider the
government's lack of interest in monitoring whether a CP is paying their
share of the CS total obligation. If the system were really fair (and for
the children) the government would be concerned about both parents' ability
to pay CS. And if the mother was dying of cancer and no longer able to
provide care and maintenance for the children, the government would still
collect the CS and send her money even though she had lost the ability to
perform her CP responsibilities.