Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

Old January 24th 06, 11:26 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Abreaction - and why spankers are misled.

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, beccafromlalaland wrote:

Doan Wrote:
I didn't call you "becca". Your signature is:
beccafromlalaland

Perhaps, it's a term of endearment! ;-)

Doan

Confused. You put my name in quotations for a reason, but whatever
your reasoning is. I kindly request that you stop. putting it in
quotations makes it easier to be searched out on the web, I'd rather
not have "crazies" targeting me for spam or whatnot. Thank you.

Your request is heard and I will respect your wish. I've always
call me by what you provided, and that is: beccafromlalaland.

Doan

Old January 24th 06, 01:00 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

It has nothing to do with spanking, STUPID!

Doan

On 23 Jan 2006, 0:- wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...&btnG=Searc h

Related phrases: social abreaction abreaction photography

Definitions of abreaction on the Web:

* A physical movement or an emotional outburst as a reaction to a
suggestion while in the state of hypnosis. Some hypnotic abreactions
are spontaneous and others are created by the hypnotist. Hypnotic
abreaction can be used to acquire greater depth, cause a
revivification, or remove repressed emotions.
www.hypnosis.edu/glossary/a.asp

* An emotional release or discharge after recalling a painful
experience that has been repressed because it was not consciously
tolerable. Often the release is surprising to the individual
experiencing it because of it's intensity and the circumstances
surrounding its onset. A therapeutic effect sometimes occurs through
partial or repeated discharge of the painful affect.
www.indianpsychiatry.com/Glossary.htm

* catharsis: (psychoanalysis) purging of emotional tensions
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

My argument, to anyone that cares, and obviously Doan doesn't, is that
the experience of abreaction to the pyschoanalitical use is similar to
that experienced by the child (and I believe the parent as well some of
the time) in an episode of using corporal punishment on the child.

Not only is abreaction not confined to the field of psychology, but
I've heard it used in other fields of social science, as this, for
instance:

"Definitions of social abreaction on the Web:

* is just the extension of the sequences of abreaction to society
as a whole, and they produce what I call laws of social change. The
morality of an age determines what is good and evil, and these ideas
form the content of social abreaction. The intensity of these
abreactions depend on the rate of social change : the faster the change
the greater are the effects of abreaction.
www.modern-thinker.co.uk/9c%20-%20Glossary.htm"

But then, Doan is getting so much of the attention he obiously needs so
badly.

Kane

Old January 24th 06, 10:06 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
It has nothing to do with spanking, STUPID!

I didn't say it did. I said it had to do with the reaction to spanking.

Therapist use various processes to being about 'abreaction.' I've used
the term to show that it's an inappropriate outcome for a parent to cause.

You have not found a way to argue yet that 'abreaction' does not happen.

Most intelligent and aware parents that spank and are objective enough
would agree with me that they do see a cathartic ('abreaction' according
to definitions provided) response to a spanking.

Do you wish to argue this point, or continue yelling "STUPID!" when in
fact I'm simply posing and argument for discussion?

Anything but yelling and claims with no proof or discussion?

'So kay with me if that's your preference, but let's don't presume you
are a fact seeker.

0:-)

Doan

--
Isn't it interesting that the more honest an author appears to be,
the more like ourselves we think him. And the less so, how very