We're back (X-posted)

Old November 27th 03, 01:30 PM
Teri

Default We're back (X-posted)

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
news
Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped breathing. She

kept
stopping in the night while she slept and now she's having seizures and

her
heart's throwing PVCs. We're both tired and nervous, but glad to be home.
Oh yeah. We also found out that her iron levels are really low and she's

on
an iron supplement now. Can we say EWWW. It makes her poop funny colours
and REALLY smelly.
I am so glad to be home

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

OMG - that's awful and terrifying. ((((Hugs)))) It must feel good (albeit
scary) to be home. Be well.
Teri

Old November 27th 03, 08:22 PM
AlenasMom

"Irish Marie" wrote in message

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
news
Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped breathing. She

kept
stopping in the night while she slept and now she's having seizures and

her
heart's throwing PVCs. We're both tired and nervous, but glad to be

home.
Oh yeah. We also found out that her iron levels are really low and

she's
on
an iron supplement now. Can we say EWWW. It makes her poop funny

colours
and REALLY smelly.
I am so glad to be home

--

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lina & Alena}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
What a horrible time for you all. Any idea what's causing the problem?
Get well soon Alena.
--
Marie
Mum of 3

They think part of it is her reflux and part of it is that she was
premature and spent a week on a respirator. But we're not going to know
until her EEG comes back from Sick Kids.

Old November 27th 03, 08:24 PM
AlenasMom

"alissa" wrote in message

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
news
Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped breathing. She

kept
stopping in the night while she slept and now she's having seizures and

her
heart's throwing PVCs. We're both tired and nervous, but glad to be

home.
Oh yeah. We also found out that her iron levels are really low and

she's
on
an iron supplement now. Can we say EWWW. It makes her poop funny

colours
and REALLY smelly.
I am so glad to be home

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003
www.maternalinstinctscanada.com
validate the email address before sending.

Oh how scarey....

what is a PVC? Has she stopped having seisures? Did they give her

blood?when
do you get some answers?
Gosh I feel so bad for you....sending healthy vibes for Alena~~~~~
(((((Lina))))))
Alissa

A PVC is a premature ventricular contraction. It's an extra beat in the
heart. She still has the staring spells but she's never had a full shaking
seizure (Thank the goddess!) They didn't give her blood, but she's on a
REALLY high dose of Iron. (It made her poop black!) We'll get answers in a
few days when her EEG comes back from Sick Kids. Until then it's a scary
waiting game.

Old November 27th 03, 08:26 PM
AlenasMom

"Herself" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:

Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped breathing. She

kept
stopping in the night while she slept and now she's having seizures and

her
heart's throwing PVCs. We're both tired and nervous, but glad to be

home.
Oh yeah. We also found out that her iron levels are really low and

she's on
an iron supplement now. Can we say EWWW. It makes her poop funny

colours
and REALLY smelly.
I am so glad to be home

Man...give the little one a hug for us. Did they figure out what was
wrong, and is it able to be corrected (is there anything you can do?).

Did they let you bf in the hospital?

Hugs hugs hugs!!!
--
'Tis Herself

They still have no clue but they had 9 babies with RSV coming in, plus they
accidentally exposed her to RSV while we were there, and she was "stable"
according to the nurses and the doctor, so they sent us home. We have no
idea what's wrong.
I stayed with her for the entire week to breastfeed. They kept pushing
formula because that apparently helps reflux *cough* bull**** *cough*.
For her reflux she's on Zantac and for the anemia she's on In Fer Sol.
Until we know more, we can't do anything else.

Old November 27th 03, 08:31 PM
AlenasMom

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message
AlenasMom wrote:
Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped

breathing.

Lina how scary!! Did you get given an apnoea moniter to
bring home? Amelia has severe pathological aneamia which
causes her heart to beat fast and have a murmer so if you
want to chat about your feelings and experiences feel free
to email me.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

They wouldn't send me home with one, but we're thinking of getting one in a
store. They're really expensive, so we might have to wait a bit. I just
wake up every half hour and panic because I realize that she's not beside
me and there's nothing attached to her. It's freaky.
That's the other crappy part. She has to sleep on a 45 degree angle and
can't be in my bed.

Thanks! I might take you up on that email part.

Old November 28th 03, 10:02 AM
Herself

AlenasMom wrote:

They still have no clue but they had 9 babies with RSV coming in, plus they
accidentally exposed her to RSV while we were there, and she was "stable"
according to the nurses and the doctor, so they sent us home. We have no
idea what's wrong.

Oh jeez...how frustrating!

I stayed with her for the entire week to breastfeed. They kept pushing
formula because that apparently helps reflux *cough* bull**** *cough*.
For her reflux she's on Zantac and for the anemia she's on In Fer Sol.
Until we know more, we can't do anything else.

Good on you :-). Hope she's looking better to you! And get some
rest...
--
'Tis Herself
Old November 29th 03, 06:06 AM
Leslie

How is Alena doing now? That sounds so scary. I hope you get some answers
soon.

Leslie
Old November 30th 03, 08:22 AM
Chookie

In article . rogers.com,
"AlenasMom" wrote:

Alena just spent a week in hospital because she stopped breathing. She kept
stopping in the night while she slept and now she's having seizures and her
heart's throwing PVCs. We're both tired and nervous, but glad to be home.
Oh yeah. We also found out that her iron levels are really low and she's on
an iron supplement now.

How terrifying! Sending up prayers for a speedy recovery (including that they
work out what's going on),

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc

I threw my back out! Jill Pregnancy 15 July 21st 04 05:10 PM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 07:57 PM
FDA MDR: Obstetric tables (also: Pregnancy low back pain/Lordex Spine Institute) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 30th 03 05:49 PM
Lydia's Birthstory (long) Andrea Pregnancy 29 September 7th 03 07:23 AM
Sarah Key's huge balls (also: Kids can SQUAT motionless for hours) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 2 August 4th 03 10:24 PM