PLEASE....ADVICE!!!!

Old June 29th 04, 12:00 AM
Don

Default PLEASE....ADVICE!!!!

If a woman cannot afford to care for a child on her own then she should turn
over custody to the father. If the father is unwilling or unable to take
the child then he should pay his 50% share of the childs livings expenses
and only lifestyle expenses as he sees fit.

A reasonable person would expect if the child will be in Japan for a month
the father will be supporting the child for that time and should not be
expected to pay support. He will also be incurring a costly round trip
flight for the child.

Legally however he does not have a leg to stand on.

"Meleah Foreman" wrote in message
Hmmm..ok. I heard that this was a forum for mainly men, but I will take my
chances. I need help/advice.

My daughter's ex-husband, who is in the military is getting ready to go to
Japan (his choice). He has threatened my daughter that if she does not

agree
for their son to come to Japan (4 yrs old) next summer for a month he is
going to stop paying child support. For the past three years he was living
in Colorado and she would bring their son to her ex's parents house,

because
he felt if he could not see his dad, at least he could see his

grandparents.
This is not something she had to do, but did it because she felt it was in
the child's best interest. Now he is back and in Biloxi until he has to
leave for Japan. His visitation is every other week from 6 on Friday until

6
on Sunday. However, she lets their son go to see his father anytime he

comes
to town. She has no problem with this. When they divorced she left and

left
all the furniture, etc in his name because she did not need it. He had hit
her and she was in the hospital (reason for divorce). I am not bashing him
because he is a man. I am not a woman's libber and when my ex and I were
divorced years ago, we remained friends until the day he died. I am upset
because he talks bad about my daughter to their son, which I think is not

in
the best interest of this baby. He is remarried, yet continues to harrass

my
daughter and talk bad about her. I have told her not to say a bad word

about
him, because it will hurt their son. She has never had a problem with him

or
his parents having the child, however, does have a problem with him flying
overseas with the state of the world right now. On top of that he is
threatening to stop paying child support. (Louisiana is the state of
divorce). Can he do this? Lawyers are an option, but an expense that with
surgery coming up may not be affordable. Any advise?? All she expects is

the
child support (400/m) and to keep peace for the child's sake.

Old June 29th 04, 12:35 AM
Meleah Foreman

I give up!!! I never said my daughter could not support her son. I said he
is threatening to top paying child support. The other issue is the concern
of safety.

Let me reiterate. She is not keeping him from his child. He sees him all the
time now. She is concerned for safety in traveling overseas. He is not
withholding child support for one month...he is saying if she does not do
things his way....he will never pay child support.

Old June 29th 04, 12:50 AM
Bob

Meleah Foreman wrote:
Sorry, obviously I am in the wrong forum. I was hoing for unbiased opinions.

LOL. If you're looking for support for misandry this is the wrong place.

My daughter is overly fair with her ex, going above and beyond what the
court has ordered. She was concerned about his flying overseas in such
troubling times....NOT keeping him away from his father.

Sounds like she's more fair than you.

Her ex hit her and
abused her....and was put in anger management by the military.

Every woman a victim. Yada yada yada. Men=bad, women=good. The story
never changes.

He is not the
greatest husband material, but is a good father. My daughter does have a
life and has met a wonderful man. I am sorry if your ex was a bitch, we are
not all that way.

You obviously are. You have no clue about me.

I was asking an opinion, not man bashing....sorry if you took it wrong.

You were man bashing, and still are. Sorry if you wanted sympathy for
misandry.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old June 29th 04, 12:50 AM
Bob

Meleah Foreman wrote:
[...]

Advice needed for new book on pregancy HeadMom Pregnancy 0 July 15th 04 08:32 PM
If you could give one bit of advice... Zen Cohen Pregnancy 20 May 9th 04 12:45 AM
Need advice!!! Marnie Pregnancy 28 February 5th 04 11:09 PM
Deal to Pay Off Back Support: Urgent Advice Needed Noncustodial Indentured Servant Child Support 21 November 10th 03 09:47 AM
in need of some serious advice (international) need advice Child Support 4 September 5th 03 01:47 AM