Man attempts suicide in court over unpaid CS

Old July 15th 04, 09:08 PM
Bob

Default Man attempts suicide in court over unpaid CS

Don wrote:
"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Don" don@free wrote in message

Man attempts suicide in court
http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/...w04suicide.asp

Court officials, claimed he consumed a mixture of Pepsi Cola and
antifreeze
from a 20-ounce bottle during hearing on unpaid child support in Judge
Ed Lane's Washington County Common Pleas courtroom.

Murder by emotional torment is becoming a leading cause of death for men
in mid life. Thousands of men are murdered by being emotionally
tormented to suicide every year. Judge Ed Lane and the ex are
responsible.

It is time for men to learn to fight back instead of quietly dying.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old July 15th 04, 09:11 PM
Don

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , Don says...

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Don" don@free wrote in message

Man attempts suicide in court
http://www.newsandsentinel.com/news/...w04suicide.asp

Court officials, claimed he consumed a mixture of Pepsi Cola and
antifreeze
from a 20-ounce bottle during hearing on unpaid child support in

Judge
Ed
Lane's Washington County Common Pleas courtroom.

Interesting that this man would do this while the court house is in

stages
of moving.

and that is interesting because?

There is also no mention of the extent of this man's CS issues so I

don't
think one can ASSUME that he did this because of the CS system.

Like that is not enough. Right now the government falls all over itself

do what it can for you but you are still unsatisfied.

=====
Don, What the heck are you talking about? You usually make sense but your
comments to Tiffany are in left field. She's been around here for quite a

while
and has never been "extreme" in any of her views. She has supported most

of the
dads here and has always been polite in her areas of disagreement(well,

there
was that one person who really ****ed her off). Tiffany is a single parent

of a
child whose bio father has died. She has worked and raised her child alone
(w/out cs support even when the dad was alive).
=====
=====

I find comparing being a single mom to the same hardship of being threatened
by the government putting you in jail an pretty extreme view.

The only error I see that you point out is that she is actually not
receiving CS which really does not change the reply. Since the point was
lets see her walk a mile in mans shoes with this constant threat of
imprisionment for being poor and having not committed any crime.

Old July 15th 04, 09:11 PM
Don

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , Don says...

Old July 15th 04, 09:11 PM
Don

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , Don says...

Old July 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Don

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"Don" don@free wrote in message

"Tiffany" wrote in message

snipped

There is a new jail house opening across town but up until this article

came
out no one outside of the staff would know what the staffing level was
between the court house and the jail. It is therefore likely he did not
have any idea he would be rescued in time during this suicide attempt.

So you live there? Doesnt' matter, this really isn't the issue at hand.

How do you get that I am unsatisfied out of those few sentences? And

what
exactly am I unsatisfied about? lol

I have read some of your other posts in this newsgroup with all your I

want
my CS money bellyaching.

Really Don? Copy one and let me read it. You might be mistaking me for
someone else because my daughter's father and I had an agreement which he
didn't uphold but I didn't push it. If you call stating my situation
bellyaching, you are wrong. I also don't have a CS case to deal with
anymore. He died.

I think I know who I am getting you mixed up with in respect to receiving CS
and complaining here about. But that does not change my replies since the
point was I find you comparing being a single mom to the same hardship of
being threatened by the government putting you in jail an pretty extreme
view.

I also see a pattern of posts in defense of various aspects of the vicious
system and your failure to recognize how it places individuals in such
extreme circumstances they mentally breakdown and commit extreme actions
such as suicide. (I am not saying what he did was right in any way shape or
form)

So if I were going to court and might go to jail because I don't pay

my
speeding tickets, but I decide to try to kill myself, we could all

just
blame the courts for threatening to put me in jail and that pushed me

over
the edge? Maybe I could sue them for all the stress it put on my

already
stressed life?

It is pretty sick to compare a speeding ticket to a father who loses

equal
access to his children, children who lose an equal parent in their

life,
the father is forced to pay lifestyle child support and then is

threatened
with imprisionment.

First off, you ASSUME the man in the article was in that sort of

situation.
AGAIN, you don't know his situation. Not all fathers lose access to the
kids, not all fathers WANT access, people are not all the same.

The article was clear that he was in court for failure to pay child support.
The law is clear than men do not have equal rights to their children.

Second, it is sick to blame others for your personal actions. Though

outside
actions can push onse over the edge, it is one's desicion to die or not.

The article does not say anything about him blaming others for his personal
actions. The system itself is at fault irrelevant to his personal actions
since the system has no business dictating that fathers automatically do not
have equal rights to their children.

You place any person in such an extreme circumstance which is the current
outrageous lifestyle child support system it may or may not drive that
person to insanity. This is a good example of a man driven to such
extreme-insanity he obviously felt his only way out was to take his own
life.

The only place I think we are in obviously in agreement is that suicide is
not the answer. But again people that are in such an extreme situation
typically are not thinking clearly.

Tell me do you lol and make these same comparisions when blacks, women

and
jews were denied their rights?

They can not legally be denied anything now a days but as a women, I can
imagine what it was like many years ago. But that was then, this is now. I
don't hang on to the past.

Fathers are under the same kind of discrimination and you seem to condone it
in some of your posts.

Have you ever been late on a bill and do you feel it is justified that

you
should spend time in jail for being late on a phone bill? A debt that
should not have been mandated by the government in the first place. If
fathers had equal rights to their children a child support debt would

not
be
placed on fathers in first place.

I imagine if they told me I could go to jail if I didn't pay my phone

bill,
then I would pay the damn phone bill Don.

Lets say due to circumstances beyond your control you did not have the money
that month. Is it fair to you that you are placed in prison where far worse
happens to you.

But I don't support a system that
puts a man in jail for CS issues.

Thats a good thing, but you need to recognize that in a free society we
should not be under constant threat of it for being poor.

You don't even know what I feel of the CS
system, I suppose you have assumed something of me.

I can't walk in his shoes, but no where did I put the man down. I

merely
stated that no where does it state in the article what sort of

situation
he
was in.

It clearly tells the situation. He was in court for failure to pay

child
support.

Maybe he had fair amounts set

No such thing unless he chose not be an equal father. Unfortunately the
system automatically makes fathers unequal.

and still didn't want to pay. Maybe he had
lots of money but still didn't want to help his kids. Maybe he was the
asshole who left the kids without a father. Maybe he is the greatest man

on
Earth and being screwed like many others. Maybe he has some mental issues
even before his dealings with CS came up. Just can't tell can you?

This much is true.