All paid up in arrearages, now what?

Old December 1st 04, 07:23 AM
AZ Astrea

Default All paid up in arrearages, now what?

Yippee! We have all the arrearages caught up but of course, they are still
garnishing the 50% of each paycheck. And I'm sure they'll still swipe any
tax returns. What do we have to do now that we are all paid up to make them
just take the regular monthly support out and stop taking the extra? I know
this is probably a simple matter, (I hope), but I'm so stressed about it I
can't think.

~AZ~

Old December 1st 04, 02:18 PM
Gini

In article , AZ Astrea says...

Yippee! We have all the arrearages caught up but of course, they are still
garnishing the 50% of each paycheck. And I'm sure they'll still swipe any
tax returns. What do we have to do now that we are all paid up to make them
just take the regular monthly support out and stop taking the extra? I know
this is probably a simple matter, (I hope), but I'm so stressed about it I
can't think.

~AZ~

====
Depends. In some states you can simply send a letter to the enforcing agency.You
need to call them and ask.
====

Old December 1st 04, 07:08 PM
Bob Whiteside

"AZ Astrea" wrote in message
Yippee! We have all the arrearages caught up but of course, they are

still
garnishing the 50% of each paycheck. And I'm sure they'll still swipe any
tax returns. What do we have to do now that we are all paid up to make

them
just take the regular monthly support out and stop taking the extra? I

know
this is probably a simple matter, (I hope), but I'm so stressed about it I
can't think.

Prepare an analysis of the status of the CS account and send it to the state
CS administrator. Mail the analysis to the administrator. Ask for them to
stop the 50% withholding, stop tax intercepts, and refund any over payments.

I'm sure the procedures vary from state to state, but I found CS
administration to be responsive to these kinds of requests. The NCP has to
stay on top of the status of their account. A couple of hints - Be sure,
when doing the analysis, to deduct any pre-billed CS amount billed but not
yet accruing and add in payments made but not yet credited yet. Also when
including the current month CS amount, project out payroll withholding based
on payroll dates to show the CS for the month will be paid within the month
it accrues.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:04 AM
Gini

In article , AZ Astrea says...

-----------------
We don't get any billing statements. Will they give me one if I ask for it?

~AZ~

=====
In FL., the circuit clerk keeps the official CS accounting. We requested an
account history from the clerk. You will need to find out who/what agency is
responsible for the official record and request the payment history from them.
====
====

Old December 5th 04, 07:17 AM
AZ Astrea

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , AZ Astrea says...

-----------------
We don't get any billing statements. Will they give me one if I ask for

it?

~AZ~

=====
In FL., the circuit clerk keeps the official CS accounting. We requested

an
account history from the clerk. You will need to find out who/what agency

is
responsible for the official record and request the payment history from

them.
====

-------------------
Oh boy. This could be 'fun'. This was all done through tribal court
although it is WA state DCS that is handling the collections. All payments,
(as far as I know), go to DCS and then get distributed.
So would it be the crappy little tribal court we go to or DCS?

~AZ~
====

Old December 6th 04, 12:23 AM
Gini

In article , AZ Astrea says...

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , AZ Astrea says...

-----------------
[...]

I'm guessing here--Maybe Bob will have a better handle on this but, it seems
that DCS will have the official payment record.
====

~AZ~
====

Old December 6th 04, 02:32 AM
Bob Whiteside

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , AZ Astrea says...

"Gini" wrote in message
In article , AZ Astrea says...

[...]

That's the way it works in Oregon. The Circuit Court makes, or certifies,
the CS order and the order is forwarded to the state CS administration.
Then the state CS unit accrues the support obligation and keeps track of the
payments.

Since there is no Federal CS collection unit to enforce and collect Tribal
CS orders, it would seem logical Tribal Court orders go to the state for
these functions.