Last post here

Old July 17th 03, 07:29 PM
Larry McMahan

Default Last post here

Alicia Elliott writes:
: Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of compassionate,
: honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
: months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a word
: exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To those
: of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate your
: input and kindness.

: Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
: particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
: that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

: To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
: advice.

: -Alicia

I encourage you to stick around at least until the baby comes and our can
write a birth story. I want to read it! :-)

Seriously, good luck, and I hope it goes well.

Larry
Old July 17th 03, 08:40 PM
daisy

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message
. ca...
Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of

compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a

word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To

those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate

your
input and kindness.

Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
advice.

-Alicia

Hi Alicia,
Im sorry that you are going : (. I do understand how you feel. Ive posted
a couple of times with no responces to. Thank you for your well wishes. I
also wish you the best as well. Please email me when your baby is born (if
you remember ; ) and if you want to). Ill miss you as a belly buddy.
Daisy

Old July 18th 03, 12:20 AM
Cheryl S.

newfy wrote in message

"Shannon" wrote in message
Sorry to see you go, i have just gotten back on myself after 3
months. I agree with you there is alot of that in here with the
teaming up as i had experienced it before when i was on.
However i did not walk away from it as those who did team
up against instead of being helpful(i had left for other
reasons) i just ignored them. Why give them the satisfaction?

Huh? I've been reading this group for four years now, and I really
don't know what you are talking about. Sometimes I think people
take Usenet *waaaay* too seriously. I don't come here for friendship,
but information. If I happen to make an email buddy or two then that's
an added bonus. It's all the nature of Usenet.

I don't know either where some people seem to get the idea that there's
some sort of "back room" where other posters go, to collectively decide
how to respond to a given individual. As I recall, Shannon previously
had a habit of posting things here of questionable validity, and/or
posting in an argumentative, inflammatory style, which doesn't seem to
have changed (e.g. today's diatribe against c*rc*mc*sion, in a thread
that's about *ear piercing* - it's positively tr-llish). When, as could
be expected in response to incorrect information, people posted in
agreement with each other as to what was correct, or were put off by her
inflammatory comments, she apparently interpreted that as "teaming up
against her".
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old July 18th 03, 02:46 AM
Tina

"Alicia Elliott" wrote in message .ca...
Well, I guess I have been disappointed of late at the lack of compassionate,
honest replies to my postings. I've learned a lot over the past several
months from this newsgroup, but have seen amazing cliqueism (if such a word
exists). Guess I don't really need to be a part of that anymore. To those
of you who were genuinely caring in your responses to me, I appreciate your
input and kindness.

Daisy, if you read this, since you are my belly buddy, I wish you well in
particular. : ) I hope your baby comes in a smooth, natural fashion and
that you are both healthy and happy at the end of it.

To Em and Plisskin, thanks also to you two, you've both offered some good
advice.

-Alicia

Sorry to hear that. I thought I had just posted a sincere and while I
may be biased, helpful response to what had to be your post just
before this one. Your computer background must be different than
mine. When someone in misc.kids posted their 10 year usenet
anniversary a couple of weeks ago, I went back to the first group I
posted in to check it out.

The same people (mostly) are still there, arguing over the same
things, and still having a great time. Some people post tens of
messages daily, some post every couple of months. I post there maybe
twice a year anymore, and I don't expect responses every time. It's
not like an invitation. But they know who I am and I know they read
it -- because I know I certainly read updates and the like, from
former/current posters. And I'm sure I read 100 messages for every
one I respond to. And I read at least 1000 threads for every one I
start. I don't think there's an 'ingroup' here. Some newsgroups,
yes. Here, no. I've posted plenty of times to unenthusiastic
response.

Anyway, this group is very helpful. I hope you're not cutting
yourself off from a good resource, which this has been to me, many
times.

Tina.

make thousands easily!! steve General 0 March 21st 04 10:06 AM
Money money money... russell barr General 0 August 1st 03 01:23 PM
[META] Parenting content and reader expectations Robin General (moderated) 1 July 26th 03 02:57 PM