how to prevent embarrassing situation

Old January 17th 04, 08:41 PM
toypup

Default how to prevent embarrassing situation

"New York Jen" wrote in message
.net...
Stared? I mean, were you doing a whole Meg Ryan from "When Harry Met
Sally"? How would they know?

No way. I pretended not to notice, like maybe the lidocaine was strong
enough for that. Don't think they bought it, though. Anyway, they were
looking down there and working on the area, ya know? I was wide open.
Don't know what they saw, but there was a definite pause and staring.

Old January 17th 04, 11:01 PM
Carol Ann

: : : The last time, I gave birth with no epi. I had a 4th degree tear.
They
: : : injected lidocaine locally to stitch me up. They squirted water on
me to
: : : clean me up while the ob sewed. At that moment, I must have had the
biggest
: : : O in my life. Everyone was staring down there. I just pretended I
didn't
: :
: : I don't get it. What's O. Bowel movement? Fart? Something else?
: :
:
: : Larry, Larry, Larry. I think it's orgasm.
:
: Doh! Can I use the "it's Friday" excuse? I'l revise my previous comments
: just "kewl".

NOW who's embarrassed?! LOL!!!

~Carol Ann

Old January 18th 04, 01:13 AM
Leanne

Stared? I mean, were you doing a whole Meg Ryan from "When Harry Met
Sally"? How would they know?

Well, if you're looking in that area you can tell....or at least my DH
can.

It would be from the pelvic contractions that you get during orgasam

Old January 20th 04, 09:27 AM
Silvasurfa

The last time, I gave birth with no epi. I had a 4th degree tear. They
injected lidocaine locally to stitch me up. They squirted water on me to
clean me up while the ob sewed. At that moment, I must have had the biggest
O in my life. Everyone was staring down there. I just pretended I didn't
feel anything, but I knew they were all stopping for something, so they must
have known. It was a shock to me, considering the damage that had just
occurred. Anyway, I wonder how common this is, if the midwives or doulas
here have ever noticed it or if any moms had ever had it happen to them. I
hope it happens all the time, because it was so embarrassing. Anyway, I'm
hoping not to tear this time, so no one will be staring down under for long
after birth this time. Does anyone have any ideas how to keep this from
happening again?

You can't stop it from happening again at your next birth, but you can
try not to be embarrassed by it. Think about it... you trust these
people with reconstructing your groin so you can keep on peeing
pooping and Oing in future, you'd trust them to intervene in some
pretty serious and invasive ways if it is needed to save your life or
your baby's life. I'd trust them not to be stressed by an accidental
O.

As far as preventing tearing... easy does it on the pushing if the
baby isn't in distress, ask the midwife to slow you down if it looks
like tearing. Talk to your midwife about birth positions that might
reduce tearing.