have a recipe for

Old January 18th 04, 03:43 AM
Amy

Default have a recipe for

Not only that, but for frying you actually use less lard than butter or
refined vegetable oil. Due to dietary intolerances, we use lard and olive
oil as our primary cooking fats. I was amazed how much more vegetable oil
it took to prevent sticking problems when we used some at a relative's.

Elaine

As a vegetarian, I've never used lard in cooking, and butter is not really
good for frying, it tends to just frizzle and go brown at the edge of the
pan. Apparently margarine lifts teflon, so I don't use it much on my
non-stick bakeware & frypans. Of all the vegetable oils, olive oil
definitely has the best flavour, even when used as a spray. By far the best
investment however has been the non-stick bakeware, as now we hardly need to
grease anything at all. I've never seen a fried egg slide across a hot
non-greased frypan before!

~Amy

Old January 18th 04, 06:14 PM
Clisby

Linz wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:15:11 +1300, "Amy"
wrote:

"Chotii" wrote in message
.. .

"Tammy" wrote in message
e.com...

Hey ....I was wondering does anyone have a recipe for
making suet from deer fat???

What did you want to do with it? And if you don't mind me asking, what

does

it have to do with pregnancy?

--angela

Ewww....I didn't know people ate stuff like that anymore. I live in NZ, land
of cows, sheep deer etc and here we use butter, or monounsaturated
margarine. I don't know anyone under 75 who would even buy lard, unless it
was for a bird feeder.

Lard is great for making pastry and for roasting potatoes and
Yorkshire puddings. Suet is vital for good dumplings. I also like
haggis and black pudding...

Yes, lard is the best for pastry and, in many people's opinion, for
frying chicken. I've never used suet for anything, although I've heard
of people mixing it with ground venison, since venison is so lean.

Clisby

Old January 20th 04, 08:24 PM
Katie Jaques

wrote:

Lard is great for making pastry and for roasting potatoes and
Yorkshire puddings. Suet is vital for good dumplings. I also like
haggis and black pudding...

Yes, lard is the best for pastry and, in many people's opinion, for
frying chicken. I've never used suet for anything, although I've heard
of people mixing it with ground venison, since venison is so lean.

Best pie crust: 1/2 butter, 1/2 lard. And once you have fried
chicken in lard in a cast-iron skillet, you'll never do it again any
other way.

Of course, I only make a pie or fry a chicken once or twice a year.
So I figure it won't hurt us G.

Grandma Katie

Mom to Barbara (Circe), Grandma to Julian, Aurora & Vernon

Just Uploaded ~ Free Fall/Winter Montessori *Hands-On* Creative Lesson Planning Newsletters Amonco8 General 0 October 29th 03 04:36 PM
Free Fall Online Creative Lesson Planning Newsletters AMONCO General 0 September 24th 03 02:11 AM
Looking for Halloween recipe Babs General 17 September 10th 03 05:01 AM
Belly cast recipe? Kari Pregnancy 4 July 21st 03 08:42 AM
placenta recipe experience xposted Magenta Pregnancy 1 July 17th 03 02:53 PM