3 months - update

Old January 14th 04, 10:32 PM
Elly

Default 3 months - update

(Crossposted to misc.kids.pregnancy)

Erin was 3 months old on Jan 12th, so I guess it's time for an update.

We had several reasons to celebrate - apart from the 3-months-anniversary,
the day before was the anniversary of the conception ;-). Plus, Erin's urine
culture analysis is sterile!
Short background on the urine culture analysis: during the pregnancy, I had
been diagnosed asymptomatic bacteriuria, with presence of bacteria Proteus
mirabilis, and later Escherichia coli. I've been taking antibiotics, and the
last urine culture analysis result showed sterile urine. Still, when they
saw the bacteria listed in my pregnancy medical chart at the hospital where
I gave birth, they tested Erin's urine, and the result was Proteus
mirabilis, 10/4 for her, too. The paediatritian at the hospital diagnosed
her with asymptomatic bacteriruria (i.e. no sign of a bladder infection,
only bacteria present in the urine) and wanted to do the bladder puncture to
check the urine again, but in the end decided that the bacterial quantity
isn't that high and made another urine culture analysis using "regular"
urine - this time, the results were better - 10/3, so they told us to make
another urine culture when she's 10 days old. We did, and the result was
worse than in the hospital - 10/5, Proteus mirabilis. Erin's paediatritian
prescriped cefalexinum syrup (for 14 days), and said to wait for a while
after we finish with the syrup, and then take another urine culture test.
So, finally this test is done - there are no bacteria in her urine present!
Such a relief!

As we don't have the 3-months paediatric check up (we are scheduled for the
4-month check-up, though), we did the weighing and measuring at home:
- weight: 5 390 grams (cca 12 lbs) and 62.5 cm - she gained 0,5 kg (cca 1.1
lbs) and 4 cm from last month.

Erin is still very happy, communicative and cleaver little girl :-) She
smiles, giggles and "talks"a lot (in response to us, or to the toys), holds
her head fine and tracks moving objects and people, makes attempts to sit up
(which freaks my Mom out ;-) and raises herself on her arms when lying on
her tummy, holds her toys (she loves Chicco's baby gym - in fact, she is
using it right now, which allows me to write this update!), and looks at us
when we eat with a curious look in her eyes. And yes, she "knows" what her
name is and turns her head in response to face the person calling her.

For pictures, you can go to:
http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...2JFMKJf_ph.jpg

Happy pregnancy/parenting everyone,
Elly
Mom to Erin - 3+ months old

Old January 14th 04, 11:32 PM
Kat

Glad things are going so well! Keep up the good work!
Kat
mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 14th 04, 11:37 PM
Sandi

"Elly" wrote in message
(Crossposted to misc.kids.pregnancy)

Erin was 3 months old on Jan 12th, so I guess it's time for an update.

For pictures, you can go to:
http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...2JFMKJf_ph.jpg

Happy pregnancy/parenting everyone,
Elly
Mom to Erin - 3+ months old

What a cutie! Glad to hear everything is going well!

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old January 20th 04, 09:21 PM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
Erin was 3 months old on Jan 12th, so I guess it's time for an update.

We had several reasons to celebrate - apart from the 3-months-anniversary,
the day before was the anniversary of the conception ;-). Plus, Erin's

urine
culture analysis is sterile!

That's so great! I remember your "war" well, so it is great that things have
cleared up for her. I can't emphasize enough how time is flying by--it
doesn't seem possible that it has been months and months since we were
sharing pregnancy updates :-)

As we don't have the 3-months paediatric check up (we are scheduled for

the
4-month check-up, though), we did the weighing and measuring at home:
- weight: 5 390 grams (cca 12 lbs) and 62.5 cm - she gained 0,5 kg (cca

1.1
lbs) and 4 cm from last month.

I am really looking forward to Lann's 4 month check this Thurs. We're
estimating 17 lbs and 26.5 inches. Hard to measure well at home. I will
report! We didn't have a 3 month visit either. This will be his first
"weigh-in" since our six week check up.

Erin is still very happy, communicative and cleaver little girl :-) She
smiles, giggles and "talks"a lot (in response to us, or to the toys),

holds
her head fine and tracks moving objects and people, makes attempts to sit

up
(which freaks my Mom out ;-) and raises herself on her arms when lying on
her tummy, holds her toys (she loves Chicco's baby gym - in fact, she is
using it right now, which allows me to write this update!), and looks at

us
when we eat with a curious look in her eyes. And yes, she "knows" what her
name is and turns her head in response to face the person calling her.

Lann isn't pushing up on his arms at all yet. We haven't determined if he
actually knows his name, or whether he just turns toward voices in
general--he seems to know it though. He has also been doing that
try-to-sit-up thing that you describe though and can actually sit
unsupported for a few seconds.

For pictures, you can go to:
http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...2JFMKJf_ph.jpg

What a cutie pie!!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 4 months old tomorrow!

Blocked tear duct at 5 months Laurie General 9 September 15th 03 06:19 PM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
Solids; 4 months vs 6? Laurie General 9 August 12th 03 07:02 PM
Miscarriage - tingling, numbness, vision, anxiety - Five Month Update Ebo Pregnancy 2 August 5th 03 10:56 PM
36 week update Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 4 July 10th 03 10:56 PM