Vent- my turn for unsolicited comments

Old May 18th 04, 05:37 AM
Wendy

Default Vent- my turn for unsolicited comments

My first baby was due on the 4th of July! He was born July 11th because
I went a week overdue. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant.

I just posted here on the exact same topic and I know exactly how you
feel. Unsolicited is putting it politely. I posted on this topic because
I was feeling the impending doom of the comments to come on how HUGE,
just absolutely HUGE I am getting! I will never understand why people
are so intent on telling a pg woman how enormous she is, or asking if
she isn't sure she's not having twins, etc. etc. ad nauseam. Why don't
strangers, co-workers, family just tell you how gorgeous you are and how
radiant and glowing you look? I have not only heard every obnoxious
remark in he book while pregnant, I have had people repeat the same
comment EVERY TIME they see me!

No one wants to hear how big they are whether pg or not. And then to ask
incredulously when the due date is is even worse. I am sure you look
great and the people who say these things just don't understand that
these are not appropriate or needed observations.

Wendy

Old May 18th 04, 07:37 AM
Chotii

"Wendy" wrote in message
...Why don't
strangers, co-workers, family just tell you how gorgeous you are and how
radiant and glowing you look? I have not only heard every obnoxious
remark in he book while pregnant, I have had people repeat the same
comment EVERY TIME they see me!

Well, clearly, you need to take co-workers and family aside and say in a
conspiratorial voice, out of the side of your mouth, while looking around to
make sure nobody overhears, "Psst. When you see a pregnant woman, tell her
how beautiful she looks, and how radiant. She won't believe you. That's why
she needs to hear it."

Strangers....eh. None of their business.

--angela

Old May 20th 04, 02:18 AM
Wendy

Angela,
That is a really good idea, I will do that the next chance I get, ok? I
suppose it is better for pregnant women to hear how enormous they are
from strangers, right? (eh, ALSO none of their business!) I was
commenting on how nice it would be for whomever is making remarks about
the way a pregnant woman looks to just say something nice or shut up.

Wendy

Old May 24th 04, 01:18 AM
Zannah

In article ,
(Wendy) wrote:

[...]

I sympathise. I was at a party yesterday and a lady asked when I was
dur. I said "September" and she replied, looking at my belly, "oh...
THAT far away?" Since I'm feeling hideously self-conscious about my
weight gain (according to my doctor I weigh now at 24 weeks what I
weighed at 33 with my first) I am really sensitive to any comments on my
size.

I may well be homicidal in another month or two...

Zannah.

turn $6 into $6000!!! Sari8402 General 0 June 15th 04 07:29 PM
frustrated with nurse advice VENT & question (long) toypup Pregnancy 20 February 18th 04 04:30 AM
Vent about Dr. (loss and other stuff mentioned) Henrietta Louise Pregnancy 3 July 30th 03 05:58 PM