bigger second time round???

Old February 16th 04, 09:43 AM
alissa

Default bigger second time round???

Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was at
34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38 weeks
last time.
Alissa

Old February 16th 04, 01:31 PM
Sue

Heck ya, and even bigger the third time around. |
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 16th 04, 01:32 PM
Carol Ann

:: Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
:: must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was
at
:: 34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
:: more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit
behind
:: the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38
weeks
:: last time.
:: Alissa

I believe EVERYTHING happens quicker than it did the first time around from
what I read.

I don't think I heard that weight was any greater though. Just that showing
and delivering tending to be quicker.

Hang in three, Alissa. The benefits, I'm sure, far outweigh the
discomfort!!

~Carol Ann

Old February 16th 04, 05:06 PM
Donna

"alissa" wrote in message
Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was at
34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38

weeks
last time.

(waving hand)

Yep -- I am much bigger this time than I was at this same point in my last
pregnancy. What I've heard, however, is that we won't *continue* to be
bigger throughout the whole pregnancy (assuming that we aren't going
dramatically overboard on the snacking, of course). I was told that
although I was looking much bigger much earlier, that this slows down in the
middle trimester. So I think you'll probably be ok on the driving, if
that's true.

Donna

Old February 16th 04, 06:37 PM
Kat

"alissa" wrote in message
Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was at
34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38

weeks
last time.
Alissa

I know with this last pregnancy I got bigger quicker but overall didn't look
that much bigger than the first pregnancy.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and Will 02/10/04

Old February 16th 04, 07:50 PM
Jill

What I am wondering, are the subsequent pregnancies as physically
uncomfrtable as the very first one? For example, because my stomach has
never been this big before, at certain points it felt like my stomach
muscles were stretching. Next time, since it's already happened, will it
maybe at least be more comfortable and less of an adjustment??

I'm not complaining, though...I have been feeling *relatively* comfortable
all things considered. Except for a bad day here and there. When I do have
"growing pains", they don't last long and then one day I feel ok.

Jill

Old February 16th 04, 07:56 PM
ted

"alissa" wrote in message ...
Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was at
34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38 weeks
last time.
Alissa

I look as if I'm five months along. I'm not even half way to five months.
Old February 16th 04, 08:51 PM
Cheryl S.

"alissa" wrote in message
Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My
stomach muscles must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and
I am as big looking now as I was at 34 weeks last time, it's
quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot more trouble
lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right
up to 38 weeks last time.

I posted almost exactly this same post at the same point in my second
pregnancy. What seemed to happen was that I just got big faster, but
then my belly grew more slowly after reaching a certain size so I didn't
end up much bigger at 38 weeks. I was pregnant for 2 weeks longer the
second time than the first so after those extra 2 weeks I was bigger but
could still drive with no problem. Don't worry.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 10 mo. and Jaden, 5 months

Old February 17th 04, 07:04 PM
Sophie

"alissa" wrote in message
Is anyone else alot bigger in subsequent pregnancies? My stomach muscles
must be so poor, I'm only 23 weeks and I am as big looking now as I was at
34 weeks last time, it's quite scarey. I imagine I am going to have alot
more trouble lugging my big tummy about this time. I soon won't fit behind
the wheel of my car unless I grow longer legs...I drove right up to 38

weeks
last time.
Alissa

Only with #3 but that's cos I ate like a pig

Old February 19th 04, 06:37 AM
Amy

Funny enough, I've been smaller this time around from memory. Until I had my
u/s yesterday, I was worried the baby wasn't growing right. So I wouldn't
worry about your tummy muscles, I know mine aren't any good, and it doesn't
seem to have made a difference.
I think some of the differences with me are, it's a second baby and I know I
don't need to eat everything in sight. With #1 I force-fed myself through my
m/s, but this time I figured I had enough stored and the baby would do just
fine anyway. I mentioned to the u/s tech I was concerned about my size, and
she said that different pg's carry differently and it wasn't a problem.
Maybe with your first your baby was hiding towards your back.
FYI, with #1 I looked full term at about 27 weeks.