Vent- my turn for unsolicited comments

Old May 11th 04, 01:10 AM
Sunshine

Default Vent- my turn for unsolicited comments

I know everyone goes through this at some point but I must say it came as a
bit of a shock today. I guess I got bigger during my long weekend, because
today at work I heard from nearly every person who saw me something along
the lines of:
"Wow. When are you due again?" me- "July 4th." them- "You are going to get
bigger?!?"
"Are you sure it isn't twins?"
"How much longer do you have to go?" me- "8 weeks." them- "Wow. You are
huge."
And the worst of all by far- " I sure am glad to see you aren't just getting
fat!" To which I replied "Gosh- thanks. I am glad I am not just getting fat
too, I guess." But I was thinking- at least I will eventually have this baby
but it looks like you will be stuck being rude.

I know these people were just trying to make conversation and didn't mean
anything bad by these comments, but after the 20th person said something
today, I must say it was getting a bit old. Mostly I just smiled and bit my
tongue in response, but wow.

--
The apparently large-bellied Sunshine and the baby bean- It's a boy!
edd 7-4-04

Old May 11th 04, 01:35 AM
CrystalRGarcia74

Subject: Vent- my turn for unsolicited comments

reader.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.freenet.
de!216.196.98.140.MISMATCH!border1.nntp.ash.gigane ws.com!border2.nntp.ash.
giganews.com!nntp.giganews.
com!elnk-atl-nf1!newsfeed.earthlink.net!bigfeed2.bellsouth.net! bigfeed.be

llsouth.net!bignumb.bellsouth.net!news.bellsouth.n et!bignews3.bellsouth.ne
t.POSTED!54d5807e!not-for-mail
From: "Sunshine"
Newsgroups: misc.kids.pregnancy

fkmimkoebfmkgmlomkfacmokohgibgdknmjjfpgpcfhdchnljn bgglpmphllncoobmaijmeoml
gcccebcdfdbbm
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:10:02 -0400

[...]

I would say something back like "I'm pregnant what's your excuse." LOL.....But
I'm a *itch like that I guess. I always got the opposite people always told me
"Oh my god aren't you supposed to be gaining weight and not loosing it" in
return I would tell them "looks like you found the weight for me."

Old May 11th 04, 03:15 AM
Tori M.

Have you thought of looking them straight in the eye and balling? "Oh no I
am getting big? I went to the Dr. The other day and he said I might be
pregnant... I dont know if I am ready for a baby" Then walk away and let
them be in shock.

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04
. ..

Old May 11th 04, 07:07 AM
Amy

"Tori M." wrote in message
Have you thought of looking them straight in the eye and balling? "Oh no

am getting big? I went to the Dr. The other day and he said I might be
pregnant... I dont know if I am ready for a baby" Then walk away and let
them be in shock.

That would be so funny if you could pull it off...I was at work one day when
this customer, also pregnant, hesitantly asked me in an almost whisper when
I was due. I could see she'd been dying to ask for ages, and wasn't entirely
sure if I was pregnant. I was in a silly mood, so I kept a straight face,
looked her in the eye and said, "What? Oh no, I'm just fat". You should have
seen the look on her face! I did put her out of her misery though..

Old May 11th 04, 07:53 AM
CrystalRGarcia74

That's good....it reminds me of a bumper sticker that says "I may be fat but
you're ugly and I can diet"...lol.

LOL...no kidding. Makes me think of Anna Nichole Smith. People talk so much
crap about her but look at her now.
Old May 11th 04, 12:41 PM
Carla

On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:10:02 -0400, "Sunshine"
wrote:

[...]

OMG...yours is not the first and probably not the last post I will
read about people like this but every time I read one like this I am
soo appalled! I don't know if people I know are maybe saying this
stuff behind my back or maybe they're just more polite but I haven't
even come close to having to deal with this kind of annoying rudeness.

If I were you, I would not hesitate to come back with just as shocking
some good ones and have picked up some others from people here. I
wouldn't feel at all rude or worry about hurting these people's
feelings -- they're obviously not worried about doing it to you
whether they realize it or not.

Good luck with everything and try to stay cool (temperature & temper
wise) over these next couple of months.

Carla
#1 due 5/14/04
Old May 11th 04, 01:10 PM
Sophie

[...]

I wish I had the acting ability to say "what do you mean? I'm not pregnant"
but I just can't do it -lol.
That's the thing I think, everyone thinks they're the first person to
comment that day, not the 20th., It's like when I take all the kids out and
I get "gee you sure have your hands full". After the 4th time it's hard not
to reply with "no sh*t" - lol. Rude, rude, rude.

turn $6 into $6000!!! Sari8402 General 0 June 15th 04 07:29 PM
frustrated with nurse advice VENT & question (long) toypup Pregnancy 20 February 18th 04 04:30 AM
Vent about Dr. (loss and other stuff mentioned) Henrietta Louise Pregnancy 3 July 30th 03 05:58 PM