(no subject)

Old June 4th 04, 08:53 PM
Angela Schepers

Default (no subject)

I *still* haven't been able to get Quinn down today, at the least not
for very long at a time. He's down right now but who knows how long
that'll last. I barely had time for lunch which was a bowl of cereal
because making a sandwich takes to long for him. How is a babysitter
ever going to be able to tolerate him if he has to be held 98% of his
waking hours? I can't imagine anyone will want to take him on. I just
hope this doesn't last. I was hoping for a little nap today because I
feel like a damn freight train hit me I'm so freakin tired but no such
luck. *sigh* I'm thinking I may want you to watch him for an hour or
so when you get off work so I can get out for a while. Or maybe I'll
just try and take a nap. What do you think about that?

Love you,

Angela

Old June 4th 04, 08:56 PM
Angela Schepers

sorry everyone... I was trying to send this to my husband's email at
work and didn't realize I was still in the newsgroup. Just a testament
to how tired I am. Quinn woke up just about ever hour on the hour from
2am-8am last night so needless to say it was a long night and my
concentration is not what it should be.

Old June 4th 04, 09:05 PM
Jamie Clark

Angela,
Honey, honestly, I'd love to watch him for an hour or two, but I think the
commute just won't work. : )

Seriously though, when Taylor was just weeks old, she also had to be held
all the time, and would only sleep in someone's arms, and then only for
about 20 minutes at a time. Hugs. This too shall pass. Are you using a
Bjorn or a sling? Try laying down with him on the bed, so you both can get
a nap. Also, I'd have a babysitter come in while you are there, for the
first time or two, and just have him get used to her, while you take a nap,
or shower, or make a sandwich.

Hugs my friend. I really do wish I lived closer, I'd be happy to take him
for a few hours.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

Old June 4th 04, 09:26 PM
Bóliath

That is such a lovely note to your dh, it made me smile, not to
trivialise your problems at all but your note is so caring towards your
dh and your son, a note like that from me would probably have expletives
and anger sprinkled liberally. Kudos to you!

Old June 4th 04, 09:40 PM
Angela Schepers

DH has been so wonderful since Quinn was born I couldn't imagine being
even remotely angry with or to him. We usually alternate nightly
feedings and he is always up for feeding, diaper changes, and baby
cuddles when I need a break. He even occasionaly offers to let me get
out of the house for a while without the baby when or if I need a break.
He's such a great father already. He's been a HUGE help and I know
there's no way I could have managed without him, especially in the first
week.

Old June 5th 04, 02:16 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

when mine wanted to be held like that I would lay down on the bed and put
her on my tummy with her on her tummy eventually we both fell asleep and she
would sleep like that for about an hour.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Home.earthlink.net/~soalus

Old June 5th 04, 03:51 AM
Angela Schepers

I've tried that but I can't sleep with him on my tummy while I'm lying
on my back. It makes me feel like I can't breathe, almost like I'm
having an anxiety attack or something. When we lie down together I'm
usually on my side holding him close to me on either his side or back.

Old June 5th 04, 03:14 PM
Jill

"Angela Schepers" wrote

Love you,

Angela

Lol!!!

But I understand, I have done the same thing-- everyone does this. It made
me laugh but also you have my 100% complete empathy, as I am going through
the same thing with Rachel.

Here's to good luck and babies who let us eat and nap for ourselves soon.

Jill