Baby #2 on it way...and Q's...[Very long]

Old June 9th 04, 09:41 AM
MomToN

Default Baby #2 on it way...and Q's...[Very long]

Thanks a bunch for all the wonderful advices!

I stopped taking doxinate since I am now worried about its
compatibility with BFing. I thought that what was safe for a pregnant
mom would be safe for a nursing mom. I must have been a fool to think
like that. But today went okay with minimal morning sickness.

Here is the doxinate that I am taking:
http://www.sigmalab.com/doxinate.htm

It was prescribed for my previous pregnancy when on certain days I had
to take IV for persistant vomiting.

I will watch my fluid intake and would continue BF-ing since that
gives me some happiness that I am still there for my DD. Thanks for
suggesting tandeming. I would certainly try that if my DD continues
BF-ing through my pregnancy. Thankfully so far in this 2nd time I have
no sore breasts!

VBAC is also something I wanted to try if it is safe. Since many of
you have had positive experiences (i was watching "scared of 2nd
c-section" thread too) I really hope to have it.

Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
that people do this...

Thank you so much and good vibes to all expectant moms!
Old June 9th 04, 08:29 PM
Leslie

Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
that people do this...

Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how that made you feel.

Please keep coming here for more support as you need it!

Leslie
Old June 10th 04, 03:39 AM
Dagny

"MomToN" wrote in message
om...

Your words of encouragement means a lot to me especially because my
even my DH was for abortion and my mom, if I tell her, she will also
be against this "so soon" pregnancy after c-section. It is out of
concern for me. But it was heart rending to hear my DH asking me to
kill our baby. I cried the whole time until I could make him agree and
finally after all the info I gathered from MKP I could convince him
that people do this...

I hope from now on people treat you with the honor and kindness you deserve
as you nurture life.

Thank you so much and good vibes to all expectant moms!

You're welcome!

Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
EDD 1/19/05

Old June 10th 04, 03:44 AM
Dagny

"MomToN" wrote in message
om...

I stopped taking doxinate since I am now worried about its
compatibility with BFing. I thought that what was safe for a pregnant
mom would be safe for a nursing mom. I must have been a fool to think
like that.

Not a fool, and I have no idea if it is safe or not. But look at it like
this: doxinate affects your digestive system -- keeps you from throwing up.
Unborn babies don't use their digestive systems; born babies do. So that's
one reason it *might* have bad effect on a breastfeeding baby but not an
unborn baby. But I have no idea in this particular case. That's why, go
with Hales.

Old June 10th 04, 12:33 PM
MomToN

Thank you so much for your kind words! I feel so much better and all
the more ready to meet my darling #2...