Bibs that really work?

Old June 2nd 07, 06:38 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default Bibs that really work?

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 00:06:18 -0500, Nikki wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone been successful in ever finding a bib that actually kept
food off of the babies pants?

No but I have one highchair that is terrible because the poor baby sits so
far away from the tray. The seat doesn't sit upright either. I hate that
chair, lol. It is hard to clean too. The other one is upright and I can
put the tray right up to the baby so much less gets on his lap.

I have that type of highchair -- the one where the children sit miles away
from the tray. What was the manufacturer thinking? I sometimes take the
tray off and just sit DD up to the table the way they do with the wooden
chairs at the restaurants.
Old June 2nd 07, 12:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article .com,
Chris wrote:

Has anyone been successful in ever finding a bib that actually kept
food off of the babies pants?

You could try putting an old adult T-shirt on the child. Or having less messy
foods.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old June 2nd 07, 07:52 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 2, 1:03?am, toypup wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 21:53:43 -0700, Chris wrote:
I betchya I have those Anne. lol. Somehow he still got food onto his
SHIRT underneath the models I've tried with the troughs. lol. @@ Funny
how standards change as time goes on and with number of children,
isn't it. lol. That IS the good thing about dinner time; just up and
out of the chair and into the tub. lol. Sometimes I need to feed him
his dinner in between a trip to the store and a trip to a soccer game
(games always occur at normal dinnertime so I have to feed him first
and he is in he do-it-myself stage). lol. He is getting less messy
though now at 19 months. Just certain things like rice dishes and
tomato dishes cause alarm. lol.

SIL just strips the kids down to the diapers to feed them, then wipes the
kids down. That works.

The cold seats aren't that comfy when nudie, and wintertime it is
totally out. lol.

Old June 2nd 07, 07:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 2, 1:06?am, "Nikki" wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

oups.com...

Has anyone been successful in ever finding a bib that actually kept
food off of the babies pants?

No but I have one highchair that is terrible because the poor baby sits so
far away from the tray. The seat doesn't sit upright either. I hate that
chair, lol. It is hard to clean too. The other one is upright and I can
put the tray right up to the baby so much less gets on his lap.

I just use regular bibs but maybe an art smock would work for you. They are
long enough - the bottom could maybe come up and over the arm of the
highchair so nothing gets around it onto the seat? Similar to this....

http://www.tuffware.com/arts-crafts/paints/smock.html

You can get them without sleeves. My kid would probably not be to happy
about wearing it but ya never know!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Now that was a creative idea--looking at other things outside of the
realm of those labeled bib. lol. I have a feeling Grant wouldn't like
that either. The full-length bibs we have here do catch a lot in the
lap, but food still slips over the front (and sides) and down onto the
floor with all of the wiggling. lol.

Old June 2nd 07, 07:56 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 2, 1:38?am, toypup wrote:
On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 00:06:18 -0500, Nikki wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
roups.com...
Has anyone been successful in ever finding a bib that actually kept
food off of the babies pants?

No but I have one highchair that is terrible because the poor baby sits so
far away from the tray. The seat doesn't sit upright either. I hate that
chair, lol. It is hard to clean too. The other one is upright and I can
put the tray right up to the baby so much less gets on his lap.

I have that type of highchair -- the one where the children sit miles away
from the tray. What was the manufacturer thinking? I sometimes take the
tray off and just sit DD up to the table the way they do with the wooden
chairs at the restaurants.

I actually bought one of those wooden restaurant highchairs! LOL. Food
still landed on his bottom clothing items, and even moreso on the
floor.

Old June 2nd 07, 07:58 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 2, 7:17?am, Chookie wrote:
In article .com,

Chris wrote:
Has anyone been successful in ever finding a bib that actually kept
food off of the babies pants?

You could try putting an old adult T-shirt on the child. Or having less messy
foods.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

I had the choice of less messy foods back when it was just me and my
first baby at home every evening at dinnertime because I didn't cook
meals since they were just wasted, but now that I have a whole family
to provide regular 3 meals every day to, what I make is it. lol. I
gave up on spending all of my time in the kitchen trying to ensure
everyone was happy, that as long as 2 out of 5 are, then that is what
we are going with, and if you don't like it, then pick one of the side
items I've served up that I know you do and fill up the best you can
on that. lol.

Old June 2nd 07, 08:04 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

On Jun 2, 1:06?am, "Nikki" wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

[...]

I bought all sorts of highchairs over the past six months or so and
returned all of them and went with the 9-year-old highchair I've
always had. I just ordered a new tray and a new seat for it. All of
the newer highchairs were such a tight fit for my big and squishy
baby. lol. We don't use the restraint straps because those are a
nightmare to clean and since I'm always with baby and he is never left
unattended, it doesn't matter that we don't use them. The holes for
the straps in the bottom of the seats just let food through more
easily too. I can push his tray right up close to him without pushing
on his belly in this old highchair unlike the newer highchairs that
were so tight that I had to press his tummy just to get the tray to
click on. Has anyone really looked at some of the newer high chairs
these days? I can't believe that ANYBODY thinks having play toys
attached to the high chair tray is a good idea or that ANYBODY
believes a cup holder, and cranny over here and cranny over there is a
good idea. What ever happened to just a plain old easy-to-clean tray?!

Old June 2nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Chris wrote:

I had the choice of less messy foods back when it was just me and my
first baby at home every evening at dinnertime because I didn't cook
meals since they were just wasted, but now that I have a whole family
to provide regular 3 meals every day to, what I make is it. lol. I
gave up on spending all of my time in the kitchen trying to ensure
everyone was happy, that as long as 2 out of 5 are, then that is what
we are going with, and if you don't like it, then pick one of the side
items I've served up that I know you do and fill up the best you can
on that. lol.

How old is the little one? I have three, and I have to
say that we never had all that much trouble with meals being
*that* messy. I don't know if I have inordinately neat kids
(sure seems unusual given how they try to keep their rooms
now), or if maybe there's something you could do to encourage
neatness so that you don't have to do so much cleaning in the
first place.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old June 2nd 07, 09:35 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"Ericka Kammerer" wrote in message
. ..
Chris wrote:

[...]

I think some kids are just more ******* than others. My two never
made a mess under the chair, and there is nothing I really did to
encourage that. My son, however, at age 9 *still* makes a mess all
over the table around his plate! We've tried making rules for him to
follow -- swallow one bite before taking the next, hold your fork
still for a moment to see if anything drops off, don't "throw" food
towards your mouth, keep the plate right at the edge of the table, and
more -- but he's just not a careful kid. No matter how we try, he
still makes a mess. Now we're just trying to make sure he's in charge
of cleaning it up. *sigh*.

Bizby

Old June 2nd 07, 09:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

bizby40 wrote:

I think some kids are just more ******* than others. My two never
made a mess under the chair, and there is nothing I really did to
encourage that. My son, however, at age 9 *still* makes a mess all
over the table around his plate! We've tried making rules for him to
follow -- swallow one bite before taking the next, hold your fork
still for a moment to see if anything drops off, don't "throw" food
towards your mouth, keep the plate right at the edge of the table, and
more -- but he's just not a careful kid. No matter how we try, he
still makes a mess. Now we're just trying to make sure he's in charge
of cleaning it up. *sigh*.

Gee, your son sounds just like me. There seems to be more crumbs around
my plate than others. At least I clean up after myself.

When it comes to neatness, I just don't get it.

Jeff

Bizby

Work! Bev Single Parents 0 June 8th 06 03:38 PM
He *CAN* work! Joelle Single Parents 7 March 18th 04 12:57 PM
Beautiful Personalized Christening Bibs Peggy Twins & Triplets 0 February 24th 04 02:29 PM
Work Irish Marie Breastfeeding 3 November 19th 03 06:15 AM