Worried

Old January 3rd 04, 12:55 PM
Kender

Default OT: Eating or lack thereof

No worries with the fever. She's feeling great and playing in the snow!

My MIL is joining you with Dr. Phil. I am trying South Beach diet. Today is
day 7, and I've lost 4 pounds. Has it been too long since the girls were
born to still call it 'baby' fat? : )
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

"GandSBrock" wrote in message
Happy new years to you too!!

I bet both girls enjoyed a little alone time, but loved being back

together.

I didn't know people still got scarlet fever. That's not good. :-( My
grandma had scarlet fever which led to rheumatic fever which damaged her

heart.
But, the damage didn't really affect her until really late in life, and

she
lived to be 89, just shy of 90. I just looked it up, if left *untreated*

the
strep causes the rheumatic fever which damages the heart. I really wasn't
trying to scare you. I was just curious about scarlet fever being around
still. You (*I*) never hear it mentioned these days...

Just ignore me - I'm just trying not to think about the popcorn smells

floating
through the house.... I'm doing that Dr. Phil Booty camp.

*drool*

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

Old January 7th 04, 12:28 AM
multimom4

Default Eating or lack thereof

DH and I started Atkins on Labor Day -- despite (my) Christmas binge, I have
lost 22# and am 4 from my goal (I was 2 pounds away before the holidays).
Have gone down from size 10 to 4 cords and 6 jeans, with size 4 in sight (6
is getting nice and baggy, so I bought a pair of 4s the other day in yummy
anticipation!). Mine was mostly post-baby gain (quite a bit of it from
France, yum yum), with a little "Holly" stuff hanging around buried deep
within the rest. In 4# time I shall weigh what I weighed on my wedding day
in 1989 and, excluding The Pregnancy, for years both before and after until
I started to drift upwards for unknown reasons in 2000 ...

DH, who I hasten to add is also back in training 6 days a week for his
long-desired Marathon and had a lot more to lose than I did, has currently
lost a whopping 48 pounds with only 15 or so to go. He has his eyes down
for a hard slog -- he calls this last 15 his "old growth" :-)).
Nonetheless, with his weight still falling fast and my loss inching along as
recommended by Atkins for the last couple pounds, I am beginning to fear
that he might actually beat me to Goal!!

S. Beach sounds to me like Atkins with some fruit -- Erin??

All I can say is that Atkins's suggestion of doing it with a buddy was right
on for us -- in those first *horrible* five weeks (I lost 8# the first week
and then NOTHING for a month despite not one cheat of any kind), I'da quit a
ton of times if I hadn't been determined to help DH get his health back on
track. And of course his testosterone levels couldn't permit me to win ...
so we both stuck to it through all the temptation and misery.

My desire was to look good for our Christmas vacation (Southern Calif.) ...
and although I was disappointed not to be *done* with the whole thing long
before then, I certainly found wearing a bikini by the pool a much more
pleasant experience than I've known for years. Good luck y'all --

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old January 8th 04, 12:08 AM
2twinsdlc23

Default Worried

Hi I am Donna a mom of 20 month old fraternal girls. One of my twins got Pseudomonas aeruginosa a bout two months ago. She had to have an IV in her tiny arm then a PICC line in her chest. For ten days treated through the catheter in her chest, every eight hours for ten days, so I know what its like to have a sick baby and be scared. She recently had the influenza I took her in and they swabed her throat to check to see if the bacteria Ps.aeruginosa had come back. It wasnt suppose to. I was worried because she was sick, everytime she seems sick i get worried she has it again. It was a horrible thing for her to have to go through. Well she had it, but docters said that she is a carrier, because she recovered from the flu and seems ok so I guess shes a carrier, still I am worried. I just worry, Her sister could catch it. Its rough. Bye for now, Donna PS I am sorry about your child I dont know about her illness or I would tell you. Couldnt be that bad at least docters know about it. When Adrianna{my twin daughter} got sick the docters didint know anything about the bacteria it was pretty scary, when the Dr.s dont know anything much about it.

Old January 8th 04, 12:08 AM
2twinsdlc23