5 weeks and cramping - normal?

Old May 27th 04, 03:26 PM
KatoKirk

Default 5 weeks and cramping - normal?

I have not taken a HPT, AF is due today. I do not want it to come. We've been
TTC for almost 6 years. We have male factor infertility. By the pregnancy
calendar it says that if I am pregnant I am 5 weeks. For about a week now I've
had these sharp cramps come off & on in my lower ab area, like below my navel.
They are different than my regular period cramping those are usually on one
side or another and into my hips. I usually also have a backache but I don't
have anything like that...just these annoying pulling/stretching cramps. Just
wondering how many others had this same thing and were in fact pregnant. I
will be taking a HPT this weekend if AF does not show up. Just looking for
other experiences. Thanks in Advance.

Kirsten
TTC almost 6 yrs.
male factor
Old May 27th 04, 04:05 PM
Jane Thorpe

I have had cramps like this in the very early stages with each of my
pragnancies and they were all healthy - if it gets too bad get checked out -
with my first pregnancy they checked me for an ectopic pregnancy but all was
well. Of course if you have any bleeding get checked out. And also if you
are worried it doesn't hurt to get checked out anyway - they won't mind
reassuring you!

Good luck!

Bws
Jane

Old May 27th 04, 04:16 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 14:26:18 +0000, KatoKirk wrote:

I have not taken a HPT, AF is due today. I do not want it to come. We've been
TTC for almost 6 years. We have male factor infertility. By the pregnancy
calendar it says that if I am pregnant I am 5 weeks. For about a week now I've
had these sharp cramps come off & on in my lower ab area, like below my navel.
They are different than my regular period cramping

From my experience it could go either way. It is quite common to have a
bit of cramping in early pregnancy, but I have felt so many variations on
period cramps and early pregnancy cramps that it is hard to tell them
apart in my case. Nevertheless, it never hurts to be optimistic, and if
you clearly feel these are different, then this might be your lucky cycle.

*~*~*~*babydust*~*~*~*

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old May 27th 04, 05:01 PM
KatoKirk

Thank you all, I've also have different variations of AF cramping. But I have
never had these before so maybe we did get lucky this time around. I
appreciate hearing everyone's experience even though every person and every
pregnancy is different, it helps knowing that what might be happening is good.
I would be very upset if I had to suffer through these cramps and end up having
the old hag visit anyway, it hardly seems worth it. If anyone else would like
to tell their experience would love to hear them.

Kirsten
TTC almost 6 yrs.
male factor infertility

misc.kids FAQ on Amniocentesis [email protected] Pregnancy 0 April 17th 04 12:26 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Amniocentesis [email protected] Pregnancy 0 February 16th 04 10:59 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Amniocentesis [email protected] Pregnancy 0 January 16th 04 10:16 AM
deep cramping after O jojo Pregnancy 5 January 11th 04 09:21 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Amniocentesis [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 15th 03 10:43 AM