Yet another newbie

Old June 7th 04, 02:28 PM
Scott C.

Default Yet another newbie

Hi all,
My wife and I moved to England 2 1/2 years ago and thought ... wouldn't it
be nice to have A kid while we're here?. We ended up having twin girls 10
weeks too early. This was a really traumatic time for us. And, it was
compounded by the fact that we were thousands of miles away from our family.

The good news is that even though the hospital wasn't as spotless or as well
appointed as we were accustomed to in California, the care was superb. And,
all of the care givers there have become our extended family.

We are finding life really difficult with 2 babies. And, some days are
better than others. As well as multiple birth parents, I hope to be able to
share with other parents of premature twins experiences that must be common
to us all.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Scott C.

Old June 7th 04, 04:12 PM
Rob and Terri

Hello, and welcome.
My twin girls were born at full term in December 2003. They are almost six
months old now. I know how difficult it is with two babies, and I have a
three year old thrown into the mix as well. Everyone tells me that it does
get easier, so I am just waiting for that to happen.

Terri and Rob
Parents to:
Colton (11-29-00)
Aimee and Kylie (12-22-03)
Check us out at:
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a..._kylie_colton/

Old June 7th 04, 06:43 PM
Mirethy & Arjan

Hi Scott,

I can imagine how you felt. I am Panama, lived for
a long while in Texas .. and now I am living in
Holland where my twins girls were borned 3 weeks
early.

Medicine and hospitals, are completely different than
where you and I are from .. but the same way ... people
was very nice and caring here too.

I advised you and your wife to communicate good about
how you feel .. even if you are feeling horrible .. keeping
things from each other ... it doesnt help. No matter how
hard it gets with the babies, if you guys are strong, you guys
will survive all the sleepless nights, crying, everything ..

How are the babies doing? Any problems?

Greetings to your wife,

Mirethy

"Scott C." schreef in bericht

Old June 8th 04, 01:22 PM
Paula Johnson

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:28:06 +0100, "Scott C."
wrote:

We ended up having twin girls 10
weeks too early. This was a really traumatic time for us. And, it was
compounded by the fact that we were thousands of miles away from our family.

Hi Scott, and welcome!

We also have twin girls who were preemies (14 weeks early), so I know
what you're going through -- although I can't imagine going through
that without family nearby.

How are your girls doing now? Hang in there.... it really does get
easier. You couldn't pay me to go through those first weeks/months at
home again. Now that mine are 14 months, they're getting to be quite a
lot of fun (still a lot of work, though, but at least we get plenty of
sleep :-)

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your girls!

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03)

Newbie here Lil Nicky's Mom Pregnancy 6 April 30th 04 05:05 AM
Newbie here... Hi Nic H Pregnancy 49 April 17th 04 04:18 AM
I'm a newbie Heather Pregnancy 5 January 13th 04 05:08 PM
Re Newbie question andrea Pregnancy 0 July 24th 03 09:00 AM
newbie needs help Meganabigailpage Breastfeeding 1 July 13th 03 08:44 PM