Is America headed for another "Great Depression" due to outsourcing?

Old January 22nd 04, 09:09 PM
Proprclr

Default Is America headed for another "Great Depression" due to outsourcing?

With all of the white collar jobs being outsourced, along with the rotten
economy (hire wise), the enormous competition for the shrinking pool
of "good" jobs which is also growing for the "Mickey Dees" ones, I wonder
if we are going to find ourselves in another "Great Depression".

The huge problem is, the more people who get fired, the more people
end up competing for the remaining jobs. There just aren't enough jobs
for everyone. Because of this, domestic consumer (I hate that word, but
I'll use it anyway) spending goes down, stores get less and less business,
sometimes to the point that they have to lay off (fire) some of their
epmloyees or completly shut down, resulting in more lost jobs, and more people
competing for the shrinking pool of available jobs. Do you see what we are
getting at here?
Old January 23rd 04, 08:19 AM
Mysonsfather \(AKA ZonaHawk\)

Whoa, someone else sees the same pattern forming? And I thought it was just
my dislike for the current administration.

om...

Old April 14th 04, 03:43 AM
xhightower13

Default Is America headed for another

Yeah, I'm worried too. Consider also the baby boomers hitting the
retirement years and the money they have been putting into the economy is
cut way back. Cheap goods from the overseas markets costing manufacturing
jobs here. Baby boomers continuing to "try" and stay in the job market
because the can't afford to retire. The gov't spending money like it
prints it. :-) They already seem to be trying to prepare us for social
security to go bust.

So anyone have some suggestions? Personally, I'm avoiding any debt like
the plague. Trying to pay off my mortgage as soon as possible.