Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism . . . . . . .

Old July 12th 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Ilena Rose

Default Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism . . . . . . .

http://ilenarose.blogspot.com
Health Lover, Ilena Rosenthal applauds Jenny McCarthy. Some in our
support group have mentioned a possible environmental link with her
breast implants also.

Many of us believe that genetic predispositions coupled with an
onslaught of other environmental factors:

aluminum and / or
mercury and / or
platinum and / or
silicone and / or
pesticides and /or
pharmaceuticals and / or
vaccinations and / or
second hand smoke and / or
etc. etc. etc.)

.. . . in some permutation and combination, make these syndromes and
diseases difficult to quantify and fit in neat little diagnoses.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/04/02...ent/index.html

EXCERPT: We believe autism is an environmental illness. Vaccines are
not the only environmental trigger, but we do think they play a major
role.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Editor's note: Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey are actors and parents
actively involved in autism-related causes. McCarthy is the author of
the book "Louder Than Words: A Mother's Journey in Healing Autism."

(CNN) -- In light of the recent Hannah Poling decision, in which the
federal court conceded that vaccines could have contributed to her
autism, we think the tide is finally turning in the direction of
parents like us who have been shouting concerns from our rooftops for
years.
art.jenny.mc.jpg

Actress Jenny McCarthy believes that vaccines could have contributed
to her son's autism.

Autism is a debilitating disorder, which according to the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention, is suffered by 1 in 150 kids, making
it more common than childhood cancer, diabetes and AIDS combined.

Recently, England and Ireland reported that autism is affecting one in
58 individuals.

Is it any wonder that autism has become many new parents' No. 1 fear?

We've met some of the most amazing moms and dads who are forging their
own path to prevention and recovery. When our son, Evan, was diagnosed
with autism we were lucky enough to benefit from their knowledge and
experience. Evan has been healed to a great extent by many
breakthroughs that, while perhaps not scientifically proven, have
definitely helped Evan and many other children who are recovering from
autism. Video Parents vs. scientists: Watch the latest test case »

There are some who wonder what we mean when we say "recovering" from
autism. They confuse the word recover with cure. While you may not be
able to cure an injury caused in a terrible car accident, you can
recover; you can regain many skills that you once lost. In the case of
autism, we think there are treatments that often bring about such
healing, so that the observable symptoms of the condition no longer
exist. Even though we may no longer see any symptoms of autism, we
can't say a child is "cured" because we do not know what they would
have been like had they never been injured.

We believe what helped Evan recover was starting a gluten-free,
casein-free diet, vitamin supplementation, detox of metals, and
anti-fungals for yeast overgrowth that plagued his intestines. Once
Evan's neurological function was recovered through these medical
treatments, speech therapy and applied behavior analysis helped him
quickly learn the skills he could not learn while he was frozen in
autism. After we implemented these therapies for one year, the state
re-evaluated Evan for further services. They spent five minutes with
Evan and said, "What happened? We've never seen a recovery like this."

Evan is now 5 years old and what might surprise a lot of you is that
we've never been contacted by a single member of the CDC, the American
Academy of Pediatrics, or any other health authority to evaluate and
understand how Evan recovered from autism. When Evan meets doctors and
neurologists, to this day they tell us he was misdiagnosed -- that he
never had autism to begin with. It's as if they are wired to believe
that children can't recover from autism. Video Watch CDC chief on
vaccines, autism »

So where's the cavalry? Where are all the doctors beating down our
door to take a closer look at Evan? We think we know why they haven't
arrived. Most of the parents we've met who have recovered their child
from autism as we did (and we have met many) blame vaccines for their
child's autism.

We think our health authorities don't want to open this can of worms,
so they don't even look or listen. While there is strong debate on
this topic, many parents of recovered children will tell you they
didn't treat their child for autism; they treated them for vaccine
injury. Read about latest fight over vaccines and autism

Many people aren't aware that in the 1980s our children received only
10 vaccines by age 5, whereas today they are given 36 immunizations,
most of them by age 2. With billions of pharmaceutical dollars, could
it be possible that the vaccine program is becoming more of a profit
engine then a means of prevention?
Don't Miss

* Vaccines, autism link divide parents and scientists
* iReport.com: Living with Autism
* In Depth: Unraveling autism's mystery
* CDC: Autism information center

We believe autism is an environmental illness. Vaccines are not the
only environmental trigger, but we do think they play a major role. If
we are going to solve this problem and finally start to reverse the
rate of autism, we need to consider changing the vaccine schedule,
reducing the number of shots given and removing certain ingredients
that could be toxic to some children.

We take into account that some children have reactions to medicines
like penicillin, for example, yet when it comes to vaccines we are
operating as if our kids have a universal tolerance for them. We are
acting like ONE SIZE FITS ALL. That is, at the very least, a huge
improbability.

Even if the CDC is not convinced of a link between vaccines and
autism, changing the vaccine schedule should be seriously considered
as a precautionary measure. (If you would like to see some ideas for
alternative schedules, check out http://generationrescue.org.)

We wish to state, very clearly, that we are not against all vaccines,
but we do believe there is strong evidence to suggest that some of the
ingredients may be hazardous and that our children are being given too
many, too soon!

Old July 12th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
Peter Parry

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:19:09 -0600, Ilena Rose wrote:

Recently, England and Ireland reported that autism is affecting one in
58 individuals.

England and Ireland reported no such figure. McCarthy continues to
repeat this patent falsehood despite having been corrected on numerous
occasions.

In July 2007 one newspaper, The Observer, published lurid headlines
with these figures claiming as its source "senior members" of a
Cambridge research team led by Professor Simon Baron-Cohen,
Director of the Autism Research Centre, Cambridge University.

His response to the claims was:-

"Your story ('New health fears over big surge in autism', last week)
was a misleading report of research still being undertaken at the
Cambridge University Autism Research Centre. The article linked MMR
and autism. The research does not.

The research is based on a study of Cambridgeshire children, which ran
for five years. It has not yet come out with a definitive figure on
the prevalence of autism and it is therefore irresponsible to single
out one figure.

The best estimate of the prevalence of autism is the 1 per cent figure
published in the Lancet in 2006.

My view is that any apparent rise is likely to be driven by better
recognition, greater awareness, growth in services, a widening of the
definition of autism and a shift towards viewing it as a spectrum
rather than a categorical condition.

Professor Simon Baron-Cohen
Director, Autism Research Centre, Cambridge University"

The article also quoted Dr Fiona Scott. another researcher on the
study, but unfortunately the Observer journalist (who was usually
their sports correspondent) had forgotten to speak to her at all, much
less get anything he could quote. She was understandably somewhat
annoyed.

Part of her response was :-

“I feel, given that I was one of the two ‘leaders in the field’
(flattering, but rather an exaggeration) reported as linking MMR to
the rise in autism, that I should quite clearly and firmly point out
that I was never contacted by and had no communication whatsoever with
the reporter who wrote the infamous Observer article. It is somewhat
amazing that my ‘private beliefs’ can be presented without actually
asking me what they are. What appeared in the article was a flagrant
misrepresentation of my opinions—unsurprising given that they were
published without my being spoken to...It is outrageous that the
article states that I link rising prevalence figures to use of the
MMR. I have never held this opinion. I do not think the MMR jab ‘might
be partly to blame...."

It subsequently became clear that the source of the story was Carol
Stott an ex-junior researcher and adviser to the legal team which
failed in seeking compensation for parents who believed that MMR
caused their child's autism (for which help she collected GBP100,000
in fees).

Stott had left Cambridge some time previously for more lucrative
employment and was now working for the discredited Andrew Wakefield
at Thoughtful House in Texas. It seems increasingly likely the story
and concocted "MMR link" was simply a PR "plant" timed to appear just
before the start of Wakefields still ongoing disciplinary hearing at
the General Medical Counsel.

Old July 13th 08, 01:01 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment

typical Janster ...simply re posts those of others

ever heard of copyright laws??

come back when you have the brains and background to at least write a word
or two from your own brain

Old July 15th 08, 06:52 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
JOHN

wrote in message
typical Janster ...simply re posts those of others

ever heard of copyright laws??

come back when you have the brains and background to at least write a word
or two from your own brain

painful reading for you vax flacks isn't it:

After we implemented these therapies for one year, the state re-evaluated
Evan for further services. They spent five minutes with Evan and said, "What
happened? We've never seen a recovery like this." Evan is now 5 years old
and what might surprise a lot of you is that we've never been contacted by a
single member of the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, or any other
health authority to evaluate and understand how Evan recovered from autism.
When Evan meets doctors and neurologists, to this day they tell us he was
misdiagnosed -- that he never had autism to begin with. It's as if they are
wired to believe that children can't recover from autism. So where's the

Old July 15th 08, 08:58 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
JOHN

wouldn't see that on UK TV! her holding up the generation rescue chart
http://www.whale.to/v/schedule.html

priceless

and I loved the vax flaks with their plane-ride-away crap

Old July 15th 08, 09:03 AM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
JOHN

"Peter Parry" wrote in message

Professor Simon Baron-Cohen
Director, Autism Research Centre, Cambridge University"

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/baroncohen_h.html

discredited Andrew Wakefield

A lie http://www.whale.to/v/gmc_wakefield.html

Old July 15th 08, 03:39 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
D. C. Sessions

NB: this has nothing to do with breast implants or
the environment, so please respect the follow-ups
and leave them in peace.

In message , JOHN wrote:
"Peter Parry" wrote in message

Professor Simon Baron-Cohen
Director, Autism Research Centre, Cambridge University"

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/baroncohen_h.html

Aren't you the one who's always complaining about
/ad hominem/ attacks?

discredited Andrew Wakefield

A lie http://www.whale.to/v/gmc_wakefield.html

Which part is a lie, John?

That he was retained by plaintiffs to testify that
vaccines caused autism, *before* he did his "study?"

That his "representative subjects" were mostly the
the nominal plaintiffs in the UK lawsuit?

That he had patented a supposedly safer measles vaccine
before announcing the horrors of the current one?

That he sent out his intestinal samples to the top lab
for PCR analysis, which informed him that the only
traces of measles in the samples were from a strain
that doesn't exist in the wild but was in use in his
laboratory?

That he then sent the samples to another lab which was
already on retainer from the plaintiffs?

Which of these is a lie, John? Do keep in mind that
all of these are backed up by primary documents, not
just your usual statements of opinion.

--
| "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against |
| unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct |
Old July 15th 08, 03:47 PM posted to alt.support.breast-implant,talk.politics.medicine,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.environment
D. C. Sessions

Nothing to do with breast implants or the environment,
so please respect follow-ups and leave them in peace.

In message , JOHN wrote:

When Evan meets doctors and neurologists, to this day they tell us he was
misdiagnosed -- that he never had autism to begin with.

And yet now she's going on about how he needs more treatment
with Lupron (chemical castration) and more chelation.

--
| "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against |
| unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct |
| before reason can act on them" -- Thomas Jefferson |

Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism . . . Ilena Rose Kids Health 0 April 16th 08 04:46 AM
Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism Ilena Rose Kids Health 39 April 5th 08 01:34 AM
Ilena Rosenthal, Bart Ross and Joe McCarthy Mark Probert Kids Health 6 March 12th 05 03:39 PM
Jenny Lind Bed Parts mypet Pregnancy 11 September 16th 04 12:28 PM
recovery after tubal ted Pregnancy 1 February 25th 04 07:01 PM