AAP President Tells Giant Easily Disprovable Mistruth

Old August 15th 08, 05:22 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.nursing,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
David Wright

Default AAP President Tells Giant Easily Disprovable Mistruth

In article 7wsok.881$T91.452@trnddc04, Mike wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article GE6ok.644$mP.612@trnddc03, Mike wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
JOHN wrote:
[Big whopping lie.] "Yes. I think any of the vaccines we have today have
been tested and proven to be safe, and the credible studies don't show any
relationship between vaccines and permanent injury. So we favor

this and we
know that unless we have vaccination rates that are in the 90 to 95% range
we are not going to prevent epidemics from coming into this country of
measles, of polio, from countries where these diseases are still

endemic. So
its very important that we vaccinate all our children."----Dr.

David Tayloe,
President Elect of the American Academy of Pediatrics

http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.c...nt-easily.html
Try "big whopping truth." That you can't handle the truth is your
problem, not the doctor's.
The point of the article (that you did not read of course) is that there
is Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. The article has a link to
http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/table.htm
which lists kinds of injuries KNOWN to be possible after various
vaccinations (like anaphylactic shock or worse, even death). The author
of the article suggests that if a possible side effect of a particular
vaccine is death (for example) then the vaccine cannot be considered
safe.

If your seat belt happened to slide in just the wrong way during a
crash, it could probably break your neck. Therefore, seat belts
aren't safe. Be sure not to wear yours whenever you drive.

If I do not use it correctly it does not make it unsafe.
But the vaccines were administered correctly.

Yes -- I guess it comes as an incredible shock to you that something
used correctly might not be 100% safe. Truly astonishing.

The author also quotes the information sheets inserted in the vaccine
packages, like these:
************************************************** ************
ENGERIX-B has not been evaluated for carcinogenic or mutagenic
potential, or for impairment of fertility."
************************************************** ************
Although no causal relationship has been established, rare instances of
exacerbation of multiple sclerosis have been reported following
administration of hepatitis B vaccines and other vaccines.
************************************************** ************

It is not compatible with bland pronouncement
"... vaccines we have today have been tested and proven to be safe".

Oh, are you expecting anything in your life to be 100% safe? In that
case, you might as well kill yourself now and avoid all the
disappointment.

So the author calls it, rightly, an easily disprovable lie, and a very
stupid one. Had the doctor said instead "proven to be mostly safe for
most children" it would probably be true (though I am not 100% sure).
But this is not what he said.

"Safe" is obviously shorthand for your much longer version in the
preceding paragraph; it doesn't mean "100% safe," as should be obvious
to anyone with an IQ over 90. Some people just have to have
everything spelled out for them.

Would you use seat belts that are just "mostly safe for most people"?
Or you would prefer "100% safe" seat belts? How about letting
your child use "mostly safe" seat belts that are being recalled
even before any incidents? Such seat belts are called, you know,
defective, not safe.

I would prefer 100% safe seat belts, along with 100% safe other
products. I don't know of any products that meet the definition.
If you do, please feel free to speak up.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at copper.net
"There are two kinds of Republicans: millionaires and suckers."
-- John Dolan