i need fundraising ideas ASAP!

Old October 7th 03, 12:57 PM
pam

Default i need fundraising ideas ASAP!

everyone is required to come up with something worth at least $40 for
the fall auction for the girls' preschool. kelly got all excited and
wanted her dad, a carpenter, to make a wooden sleigh (he made them
for the girls). problem is, he FORGETS about our deadline or maybe
even that he agreed to make something to begin with. it's a whole
family of procrastinators and it drives me crazy. i kept badgering
kelly to remind her dad. she kept saying don't worry about it. so i
didn't. figured if we got into trouble with this, maybe it would teach
her not to procrastinate. UNLIKELY! then the sign-up sheet went up and
i discover we have to have 2 items because we have 2 kids in the
school. makes sense. (i have a friend at the preschool with triplets!)

any ideas? like basket-filled goodies, services we can perform...
i'm open to any ideas. we have to sign-up FRIDAY!

pam
Old October 7th 03, 08:33 PM
KimandJuan

Hi Pam,

I am the LEAST creative person out there. I am trying to think of things
that we did in my class when I was teaching Pre-K at a private school. One
year we bought a cheap lamp from Wal Mart and decoupaged pictures of the kids
in our class onto the base of the lamp and then used their handprints on the
lamp shade. Another year we bought an unfinished toy box and painted it. The
teacher I co-taught with was a great painter though and it ended up auctioning
for over 200. She painted it in a Mackenzie-Childs style.
That is all I can think of right now.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Old October 7th 03, 10:02 PM
Ellen Kmetz

Pam,

Does it have to be something you make? Does it have to be something geared
towards kids? If you answered "no" to both of those (lol) then I'd suggest
buying some sort of spa gift certificate. Manicure, pedicure, massage, etc.
Don't have them put the dollar amount on the certificate, just what service(s)
it is for. Those are always very popular at our school silent auction.
Another "adult" gift would be a nice basket filled with bottles of wine. Also
restaurant gift certificates are very nice. Sorry if none of these will work!

Good luck,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Old October 9th 03, 02:46 PM
pam

thanks for your suggestions. these are exactly the kinds of things i
was looking for. the item does not have to be homemade or geared for
kids.

one woman lives near the football stadium and auctioned off parking in
her driveway for future games. another woman is making 3 holiday pies
and giving a pie making demonstration.

thanx again
pam