A new fear

Old May 4th 07, 07:07 AM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

Default A new fear

Xavier has a new fear to add to his list. Public Bathrooms.. He is
fully potty trained at home now. He will not go when we go out. That is a
long long time to go on sunday without going potty so either we push the
issue OR we just slap a diaper on him on sundays.

The list now includes:
Dogs
Cats (not ours)
Baths
Public Bathrooms
Chickens

Tori

--
Mom To:
Bonnie (03/20/02)

Old May 4th 07, 07:27 AM posted to misc.kids
Engram

Tori M wrote:
Xavier has a new fear to add to his list. Public Bathrooms.. He
is fully potty trained at home now. He will not go when we go out. That
is a long long time to go on sunday without going potty so
either we push the issue OR we just slap a diaper on him on sundays.

The list now includes:
Dogs
Cats (not ours)
Baths
Public Bathrooms
Chickens

FWIW, Matthew isn't potty trained and hates public bathrooms as well. When
we're out I just hope and pray that he doesn't poo because changing the
nappy of a wriggling screaming banshee is not the easiest thing in the
world. No problems changing the nappy at home or at another person's house,
though.

I hope that things improve on the fears front for you. He may outgrow some
of these in time. The bath fear can't be too great for you, though

Engram

Old May 4th 07, 01:19 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Fri, 4 May 2007 01:07:31 -0500, "Tori M" wrote:

Xavier has a new fear to add to his list. Public Bathrooms.. He is
fully potty trained at home now. He will not go when we go out. That is a
long long time to go on sunday without going potty so either we push the
issue OR we just slap a diaper on him on sundays.

The list now includes:
Dogs
Cats (not ours)
Baths
Public Bathrooms
Chickens

Tori

A doesn't like public toilets because they're sometimes really loud
when flushed.
When E went through this stage I kept a potty in the car and she'd use
it if we were out too long. Is that feasible?

Fwiw, A is going through some fears, too. The other day it was
flowers and yesterday ants were added. It was sooooo fun to hear her
screech every time a black ant that had found it's way in the house
made it's presence known. Not.

Nan

Old May 4th 07, 04:36 PM posted to misc.kids
Caledonia

On May 4, 2:07 am, "Tori M" wrote:
Xavier has a new fear to add to his list. Public Bathrooms.. He is
fully potty trained at home now. He will not go when we go out. That is a
long long time to go on sunday without going potty so either we push the
issue OR we just slap a diaper on him on sundays.

The list now includes:
Dogs
Cats (not ours)
Baths
Public Bathrooms
Chickens

Tori

--
Mom To:
Bonnie (03/20/02)
Xavier (10/27/04)
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts by Charles M. Schultz)

Out of curiosity, why chickens?

Caledonia

Old May 4th 07, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

Out of curiosity, why chickens?

Caledonia

The theory is that Jeff showed him the chickens and at the same time went
"AHH" Makes it fun for when we are at my friends house that has the chickens
that wander all over the yard.

Tori

Old May 4th 07, 05:19 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"Tori M" wrote:

Xavier has a new fear to add to his list. Public Bathrooms.. He is
fully potty trained at home now. He will not go when we go out. That is a
long long time to go on sunday without going potty so either we push the
issue OR we just slap a diaper on him on sundays.

The list now includes:
Dogs
Cats (not ours)
Baths
Public Bathrooms
Chickens

According to my mom, I didn't use the bathroom for a whole train trip
from Maryland to Colorado. Also my children and grandchildren seem to
have bladders of iron. The only person that has a problem in our
family with not going to pee on a regular basis are the older males -
my dad when he was in his 60s, and now dh who is 70. (And in neither
case was it due to excess beer consumption.)

So I wouldn't worry about the length of time particularly. Maybe ask
him what he wants and take a diaper with you in case it is needed.

As far as fears in general, I wouldn't ignore the fears, but I would
try not obsess over them either. I would strive for sympathetic but
not too interested. Because if you get really upset about it and go
to great lengths to avoid whatever it is, he will either get the idea
that his fear is justified because you are upset too, or he will
figure out that they way to get you going is to be fearful.

How do you spell fear? FLU Jan Drew Kids Health 0 November 20th 06 12:28 AM
Overcoming bug fear?? KR General 11 June 29th 06 07:11 PM
I am inadvertently wet, so I fear you. Tim Skirvin General 0 June 27th 06 07:24 AM
OT FEAR Pop Foster Parents 0 June 15th 05 10:03 AM
7YO Thunderstorm Fear Liz & Allan MacDonald General (moderated) 2 July 16th 03 12:47 PM