Laws prohibit smoking around children

Old December 3rd 06, 11:04 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Default Child hating Greg exposes himself again

Do you smoke Betty?

Old December 3rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Do you smoke Betty?

No, when I smoked it was Lucky Strikes and Camels.

But I don't smoke any more...not since 76.

Is "Betty" a new "Thai Stick," or "Panama Red," or "Maui Wowee?"
Old December 3rd 06, 07:04 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
dragonsgirl

"0:-" wrote in message
news:jsGdnSvZ3_eNmu7YnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...
Greegor wrote:
Do you smoke Betty?

No, when I smoked it was Lucky Strikes and Camels.

But I don't smoke any more...not since 76.

Is "Betty" a new "Thai Stick," or "Panama Red," or "Maui Wowee?"

Really. I've heard of 'Mary Jane', but 'Betty' is not on the list so far as
I know.

Old December 3rd 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Greegor wrote:
Do you smoke Betty?

No, when I smoked it was Lucky Strikes and Camels.

But I don't smoke any more...not since 76.

Is "Betty" a new "Thai Stick," or "Panama Red," or "Maui Wowee?"

Really. I've heard of 'Mary Jane', but 'Betty' is not on the list so far as
I know.

You would be the expert Betty.

Old December 3rd 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Do you smoke Betty?
No, when I smoked it was Lucky Strikes and Camels.

But I don't smoke any more...not since 76.

Is "Betty" a new "Thai Stick," or "Panama Red," or "Maui Wowee?"

Really. I've heard of 'Mary Jane', but 'Betty' is not on the list so far as
I know.

You would be the expert Betty.

Everyone that has heard Marijuana called "Mary Jane" would be an expert?

Or is it just you ducking that you smoked weed, eh?

Old December 3rd 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Kane/Donald smokes but lies about it.

I have never smoked, despite parents who did.

(I tried pot once in 1978 and I inhaled)

Did you mention this to the CPS workers and others involved, Gagg?

If not why not?

How about your current "suit?" You going to mention it?

0:-
Old December 4th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Firemonkey

Hansen, you are a figment in your own imagination.

Old December 4th 06, 02:26 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Firemonkey

Hansen, you are a figment in your own imagination.

Old December 4th 06, 02:54 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor

Thanks Betty!

Old December 4th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->

Greegor wrote:
Thanks Betty!

No no, thank YOU, Gagg.

And remember, it's easier to sue to force CPS to "reform."

What are Child Sexual Abuse and Incest?
Child sexual abuse is any sexual act performed with a child by an adult
or older child, with or without force or the threat of force. Child
sexual abuse is most commonly committed by someone known to the child,
including family members. In this case, the act may be considered
incest. Incest is overt and/or covert sexual contact or acts between
people who are related genetically, by marriage, by living
arrangements, or in whom a child perceives a trusting relationship, for
example parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins,
step-parents, foster parents. Incest is one of the most common forms of
child sexual abuse. It may start as seemingly innocent touching and
progress to more serious acts. It can continue for years. Other
individuals who may commit child sexual abuse include neighbors, family
friends, baby sitters, religious leaders, youth group leaders, or
others with a power advantage of any kind over the child. Child sexual
abuse may also be committed by a stranger. The acts can include:
touching or non-touching, verbal seduction or abuse, anal or vaginal
intercourse, oral sex, sodomy, manual stimulation, direct threats,
implied threats, or other forms of abuse.

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm

.... How can we fix the system that failed her?

Legal Considerations

We also need to inquire about the authority of the ACS investigators.
How much power do they have? Is it enough? How far can they push an
investigation against an uncooperative parent? If search warrants or
anything similar are required, how easy are they to obtain? The Daily
News reports that Nixzmary's stepfather had a previous assault charge.
Do ACS investigators receive adequate protection when they investigate
a complaint?

What about the burden of proof ACS investigators have to meet? Is it
reasonable, or is the bar set too high? Do the ACS workers have
suggestions on changes that would make the system work more smoothly?
Is there a weak point or bottleneck somewhere in the system that we
could identify and address? ....

.... Case Load

We all agree that New York City is a pretty big place. So the first
question is, how many people does ACS have on the job? Don't be
satisfied with a total; ask for details. How many investigators, how
many case workers, does ACS have on the streets? Do caseworkers do
investigations and case management, or are they separate tasks? How
much training do new caseworkers get? How much training does ACS wish
they could get?

Second question: how many active cases is ACS investigating? Again,
insist on details. How many new reports of abuse does it receive in a
month? How many ongoing cases do they have to keep up on? How many are
quick checks and how many are involved and time-consuming? What is the
average number of cases that each caseworker has to handle per week?

Usually, when you do some simple math, you find that each caseworker
has a ridiculous number of cases to fit into a regular workweek. But
we're not done! Child abuse is one of most under-reported crimes in the
world. Get some experts to make some informed estimates on how many
unreported child abuse cases exist in New York City, and think about
how to factor that into the caseworkers' workload.

After we consider all of those numbers, then we can reflect on how
likely it is that every child abuse report will get the kind of
attention it deserves. ...

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inthenews/a/Texas.htm

.... This is no surprise. People who work to help abused children and
vulnerable adults have maintained for years that state funding cuts
would result in this kind of suffering, but voters and legislators
refused to listen. ...

.... There is an old saying that "Quantity has a quality all its own,"
and in some ways, that applies to the challenge of protecting children
and vulnerable adults. To do a proper job, you simply need the bodies
-- the presence of trained workers -- on the street, looking,
listening, and networking. ...

.... Caseloads and Quality

Think of our troops in Iraq and the job they are required to do there.
Imagine, if you will, the troops trying to do their job with only 100
American soldiers in the country. Ridiculous, right? Think of our war
on drugs, and imagine the DEA trying to do their jobs with only 50
agents in the agency. Outrageous, right?

Now. Think of our campaign against child abuse and abuse of vulnerable
adults. Imagine having so few caseworkers that each worker had to cover
seventy-four cases every month. Let me tell you -- that's outrageous.
It can't be done. But that is the current situation in Texas; a
situation that is finally being improved.

Unfortunately, the process is slow. The hiring won't be complete until
2007. When it is finished, each caseworker will have a caseload of
about 45. That sounds like a big improvement, and it is. But don't ever
forget that that is still far too high. In 1998, their caseload was 24
cases per month. National Child Welfare experts urge a caseload of 12
to 15 per month. The Texas legislators point out that no state meets
those guidelines. Tragically, they are correct. The Joint Chiefs of
Staff will tell the president how many troops we need in Iraq, and the
president will send them, but no state takes that attitude about abused
children and abused adults.

The Nature of the Job

Contrary to what you see on TV, child protection workers don't simply
swoop in and take children from their families. Whenever possible, they
leave the family intact, and work closely with them to make things
better. Many cases are due to ignorance, lack of parenting skills, lack
of resources, ignorance of conditions, and so on.

Except in the bad cases that make headlines, the goal of the Child
Protection workers is to teach the family to help itself. That takes
time, patience, and a lot of work. The caseworkers have to overcome
barriers of language, culture and attitude, and sometimes face physical
danger. But in the end, it is possible to create an intact,
self-sustaining family that is happy and free of suffering.

The Bottom Line

After so many years of discouragement, of watching legislators abandon
children and the elderly, the Texas action comes as a breath of fresh
air. They have finally acknowledged the need, and have finally faced up
to the fact that the solution will cost money.

It seems like a lot of money. And it is! But remember -- it's still not
enough.

In 1941, before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States had
six aircraft carriers. By the end of the war, we had more than one
hundred. We needed them, so we built them. After we had built forty
carriers, did anyone suggest that we stop? No -- we kept at it until
the job was done.

Find politicians in your state and ask them what the average caseload
is for Child Protection workers. Tell them about the experts
recommending 12 to 15 per month.

Then encourage them to keep at it until the job is done.
Updated: January 25, 2006 ...

Need I add, Gagg, that you and your cronies here in this newsgroup are
a pack of thoroughgoing LIARS!

0:-]

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm