Child-support

Old April 18th 07, 07:59 AM posted to alt.child-support
NYC Kid

Default Child-support

Can a baby's mama sue for support even if the daddy has primary custody?
The mama only sees the kid twice a month on weekends. I have to
take care of the kid the rest of the time. The mama is saying she
deserves some child support for the times she has the kid on the
weekend. Is that legit?
Old April 18th 07, 08:45 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"NYC Kid" wrote in message
. ..
Can a baby's mama sue for support even if the daddy has primary custody?
The mama only sees the kid twice a month on weekends. I have to take care
of the kid the rest of the time. The mama is saying she deserves some
child support for the times she has the kid on the weekend. Is that
legit?

SUre it is, but she needs to pay support the rest of the time she doesn't
have the kid!

Old April 18th 07, 09:30 AM posted to alt.child-support
NYC Kid

DB wrote:
"NYC Kid" wrote in message
. ..
Can a baby's mama sue for support even if the daddy has primary custody?
The mama only sees the kid twice a month on weekends. I have to take care
of the kid the rest of the time. The mama is saying she deserves some
child support for the times she has the kid on the weekend. Is that
legit?

SUre it is, but she needs to pay support the rest of the time she doesn't
have the kid!

But she dont pay support now. How the hell can she sue me for support
for two weekends? This ain't right. I have that kid the rest of the
month and she dont pay a dime.

Old April 18th 07, 10:52 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Apr 18, 3:30�am, NYC Kid wrote:
DB wrote:
"NYC Kid" wrote in message
Can a baby's mama sue for support even if the daddy has primary custody?
The mama only sees the kid twice a month on weekends. *I have to take care
of the kid the rest of the time. *The mama is saying she deserves some
child support for the times she has the kid on the weekend. *Is that
legit?

SUre it is, but she needs to pay support the rest of the time she doesn't
have the kid!

But she dont pay support now. *How the hell can she sue me for support
for two weekends? *This ain't right. *I have that kid the rest of the
month and she dont pay a dime.

It depends what you mean by primary custody and what your court order
says. If you mean primary physical custody, the answer would typically
no. In addition, it would be offset by the support she would need to
pay you for the time the child is with you. And of course, all of this
is based upon income. Even if there is no income for her though, there
will still be a support order issued for some kind of amount.

She is actually very stupid to be doing this. She is going to end up
having to pay you now.

I would respond to the lawsuit by suing her in turn for the support
she owes you for the rest of the time the child is with you.

This is one of the most boneheaded things I have ever read here.

Just make sure your court order says you have physical (primary)
custody of the child.

Also, when you go to court, do not refer to your child as "that kid".
It sounds terrible and thhe judge will not like it.

By the way, if your court order says she is primary, and even thhough
you have been watching the child most of the time, yes, she can sue
you for child support and would probably win.

Old April 18th 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.child-support
NYC Kid

Relayer wrote:
On Apr 18, 3:30�am, NYC Kid wrote:
DB wrote:
"NYC Kid" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks man. Good info. I'm gonna bring it my lawyer.
Old April 18th 07, 08:02 PM posted to alt.child-support
Laura

Tell her sure you'll pay child support for the 4 days a month she sees
the child.... then ask how much is she going to pay for the "26" days a
month You have the child...just because she's a female doesn't mean she
doesn't have to pay child support and I really think that's what she is
thinking. She must be very young.

Old April 19th 07, 02:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
Relayer

On Apr 18, 7:28�am, NYC Kid wrote:
Relayer wrote:
On Apr 18, 3:30?am, NYC Kid wrote:
DB wrote:
"NYC Kid" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Thanks man. *Good info. *I'm gonna bring it my lawyer.- Hide quoted text -

Another thing, my brother works for one of the largest law firms in
the country. Not a lawyer, but in finance. Anyway, hs company cannot
only NOT represent him in anything...they can represent ME in
anything..it's a conflict of interest, so they dont. Dont know why,
but maybe her firm has the same policy.

Old April 19th 07, 07:26 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Relayer" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 18, 3:30?am, NYC Kid wrote:
DB wrote:
"NYC Kid" wrote in message
[...]

It absolutely escapes me how someone can be forced to pay a mother to care
for her OWN child. Only in AmeriKa...............

Old April 21st 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.child-support
fatherforever

When she files for support on weekends you file for support against her or
increased support if you already have an award
. ..