NCSS is a GEM!

Old October 22nd 05, 02:43 AM
Jo

Default NCSS is a GEM!

For those of you who have read this book, you'll understand about the
logging for 24 hours - naps, bedtime routine and night wakings/feedings

I found that Will has been getting just the right amount of sleep - just
not in a row. The night I logged, he woke 13 times - 11 of which I had
to do something about.

Last night I implemented some ideas she suggests, and He did a 4 hour
stretch of sleep! It was also 6 hours without feeding! And NO CIO!

He did wake a few times after that, and was awake for an hour from
3-4am, but it didn't involve me doing much of anything at all.

Best thing apart from sleep is that the strategies are based around
getting rid of the dummy... he will learn that he can get to sleep
without it, and if he gets to sleep without it, when he goes into his
light sleep, he won't be expecting it in his mouth, and I won't have to
go in and replace it!

EEEEEE! Ok, so it's only one night so far, but this is just the
solution I was after. I really expected a much worse night than I had
last night. I haven't had 4 hours sleep in a row in AGES!

Thanks for all your advice and 'hang in there' kind words

Jo (Mum to Will, 20 weeks old!)

Old October 22nd 05, 04:29 AM
A&G&K&H

"Jo" wrote in message
Last night I implemented some ideas she suggests, and He did a 4 hour
stretch of sleep! It was also 6 hours without feeding! And NO CIO!

Good going!
Like I say ... they should hand this book out at the first antenatal visit!
Amanda

Old October 22nd 05, 03:18 PM
Sue

"Jo" wrote in message
EEEEEE! Ok, so it's only one night so far, but this is just the
solution I was after. I really expected a much worse night than I had
last night. I haven't had 4 hours sleep in a row in AGES!

Thanks for all your advice and 'hang in there' kind words

Good to hear. I'm glad you found something to work for you.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 23rd 05, 12:53 AM
arachne

"Jo" wrote in message
[...]

i found this book so helpful with DS1. i'm glad you have too. i'm about to
re-read it so i can keep it in the back of my mind for when DS2 is a little
older.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS1 20th august 2002

"In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul."
--Lisa T. Shepherd

Old October 23rd 05, 03:04 AM
Jo

Sue wrote:
"Jo" wrote in message

EEEEEE! Ok, so it's only one night so far, but this is just the
solution I was after. I really expected a much worse night than I had
last night. I haven't had 4 hours sleep in a row in AGES!

Thanks for all your advice and 'hang in there' kind words

Good to hear. I'm glad you found something to work for you.

UGH don't speak too soon... a horrendous night last night...

Jo
Old October 23rd 05, 01:36 PM
Anne Rogers

That's great, I may try and get hold of a copy to read myself, Nathanael has
never been the best sleeper, but nor is he a problem and Ada is a dream, but
I keep recommending it to other people, so I probably should know what I'm
talking about!

Anne

PS I know you posted on the thread where I was asking about the name of a
book, the friend has read the book and has found it very useful :-)

Old October 23rd 05, 02:21 PM
Sue

"Jo" wrote in message
UGH don't speak too soon... a horrendous night last night...

Well sometimes that happens. Just keep persevering and things I am sure will
work out.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 23rd 05, 06:23 PM
Judi

Do people really find that the book works? I have a 13 month old and I
haven't slept for more that two hours at a time since he was born. Now
that I'm back to work I'm near hysterical. He wakes the most ever now!
Every 45 minutes-hour!!! The only sleep I get is sitting up nursing (he
won't nurse with me laying down) and usually not at all..... so uh
yeah, any more success stories with this book?