tubal ligation questions xposted

Old October 26th 05, 03:57 AM
Fer

Default tubal ligation questions xposted

Wow, it's been ages since I have posted here (still lurk religiously tho
but it I knew it was the place to come for the answers I need!

Quick update: My YS is quite the rambunctious toddler. Still nursing
strong @ just about 17 months. My longest nursling by far OS is growing
like a weed. I never realized that having a child going through puberty is
like watching a human science experiment! DD is being home schooled this
year and loving it.

As for myself and DH it been a busy year and a half , new business, new
baby, new schooling. I truly thought I had child rearing down pat until YS
came along. He honestly made me feel like a brand new mom, much more
demanding than my other two. I've had less sleep in the past 17 months than
the past 13 years I'm sure but I am very very happy

So now for the reason I am posting.....DH and I have decided that our family
is now complete and I am considering a tubal ligation for some time in the
new year. I am curious about your experiences to do with recovery time,
pain, effectiveness and so forth. YS is SUCH a momma's boy and I don't see
him slowing down any time soon so my concerns really stem for being able to
heal properly while dealing with him 24/7.

Thanks a ton!!!

Jenn

DS1 (Feb 92)

DD (Feb 97)

DS2 ( June 04)

Old October 26th 05, 06:55 AM
Jamie Clark

Why not get hubby snipped instead? Out patient procedure, faster healing
time, less time off work and out of commission. Just a thought.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old October 26th 05, 11:56 AM
Sue

I second the vasectomy. I guess our deal was, I had the babies, hubby can
take care of the birth control once we were done. The procedure went very
well for him and had no problems. Look into your insurance plan also, ours
didn't cover a tubal ligation and did cover a vasectomy (go figure), but we
would have done the vasectomy either way. Good luck.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 26th 05, 12:34 PM
Anne Rogers

I second the vasectomy. I guess our deal was, I had the babies, hubby can
take care of the birth control once we were done. The procedure went very
well for him and had no problems. Look into your insurance plan also, ours
didn't cover a tubal ligation and did cover a vasectomy (go figure), but
we
would have done the vasectomy either way. Good luck.

The reason I personally wouldn't consider that is that my husband is quite
young, if anything were to happen to me or the children, I would like him to
have the possibility of a new family. I think it is much easier for a women
to decide they don't want to be pregnant again than it is for a man to
decide that they would never want to be a father again.

You could get a coil, or mirena, they last a long time and most of the risks
seem to be infection leading to infertility, not somethine I would have
considered before children, but I'm contemplating now.

Anne

Old October 26th 05, 12:50 PM
Sue

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
The reason I personally wouldn't consider that is that my husband is quite
young, if anything were to happen to me or the children, I would like him

have the possibility of a new family. I think it is much easier for a

women
to decide they don't want to be pregnant again than it is for a man to
decide that they would never want to be a father again.

Except that hubby has decided that he is done having a family no matter what
happens to me or the children. And for me, since I know I don't want more
children, I don't want to have to fool with any kind of birth control.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 26th 05, 02:36 PM
Sue

"Ann" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wow, these are all some incredibly helpful replies to the original
question.

Well thread drifts do happen. I was answering Anne's question and definitely
not related to the OP's question. Anyway, both Jamie and I were offering
other considerations that perhaps the OP didn't think about. Is there a
problem with that specifically? Wake up on the wrong side of bed this
morning, did you?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 26th 05, 03:33 PM
Anne Rogers

Except that hubby has decided that he is done having a family no matter
what
happens to me or the children. And for me, since I know I don't want more
children, I don't want to have to fool with any kind of birth control.

well obviously you have different circumstances, but I've heard of too many
men finding 5 years down the line that there marriage is failing or their
partner has died and meeting someone else and realising they would like to
have kids with that person. I would never suggest vasectomy to my husband,
if he came up with the idea, totally unprompted then it would be his
decision, but I wouldn't be able to bring myself to throw it around as an
idea. The decision that 2 people as a couple don't want more children is
quite different to would I as an individual in a different world want more
children. Right now I'm not sure whether I want more children or not, I'm
not sure I'll ever get to being able to say that for defininate.

Anne

Old October 26th 05, 04:48 PM
Carole

My tubal was a nightmare...for about 5 days. They didn't remove all of the
air in my stomach which caused horrid pain in my shoulder and stomach. I
wasn't able to hold dd for longer than a few minutes..nursing was a
nightmare of pain and was reduced for the first time to take any type of
pain medication I could get my hands on. This isn't always the case but
does happen often. I am still glad I made the choice, as it was a choice
made solely for myself. Just be sure to have help for a few days after, you
may or may not need it.

Old October 26th 05, 05:05 PM
Sue

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
The decision that 2 people as a couple don't want more children is
quite different to would I as an individual in a different world want more
children.

Well the OP is looking into a tubal ligation, that should tell you that she
is looking for a more permanent measure for birth control.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)