A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » misc.kids » Breastfeeding
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The feminist view of breastfeeding



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old August 6th 06, 06:56 PM posted to alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding
Kent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding


wrote in message
oups.com...

You say words like "moo" "crotch-fruit" and well alot more that are
hateful. I don't wish to change your point of view but it does seem
strange that you would go out of your way to make a post like this in
group that is about mothers supporting each other in their chosen child
raising efforts.


That's because some lamebrain crossposted it into a childfree group (fixed).

Are you not "crotch-fruit" yourselve? Where [sic] your parents not
breeders?
Do you despise your self? Respectivly, does all this hatred stem from
the fact that you are not able to bare [sic] children?


ChildFREE doesn't mean "not able to bear children", it means "don't WANT
to". Childfree doesn't mean infertile (though many childfree people get
voluntarily sterilized).

Just to let you know
if you ever one day feel the want to have a child then remember this.
Though you may not be able to have a little "crotch-fruit" there are
plenty out there who are searching for parents to care for them. My God
says that the childless are blessed because they have the ability to
mother as many children or as few as they choose.



  #22  
Old August 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
elizabeth
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 89
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding


wrote:
Oh I understand your point of view better now. You are a radical
feminist, correct?


No, I'm a Jungian.

"most powerful goddesses in classical mythology"


Athena, Artemis, Hecate, and most of all, Hestia, never had offspring.

Well, sweetheart you just called you goddess mythological.....so don't
you think its kinda' immature to have faith in a false idol, like
flying reindeer?


I believe in archetypes.

snip

Let's talk about your archetype, Demeter, the original SmotherMother.
When her daughter, Persephone, ran off with Hades to become Queen of
the Underworld, Demeter tossed the mother of all hissyfits. She
refused to let anything grow, so all of the creatures on the planet,
including us mortals, were dying of starvation. She felt that since
she lost her daughter, the entire world should die along side her ...
all of the God/desses tried to make her lighten up and not mandate
universal starvation, and Persephone came up with a compromise, where
she's spend half her time with Mother and half with her husband, Hades.

That's what I dislike most about mothers, especially today, when you
choose it. You seem to think that your pain, your choice, means that
the rest of us have to pay for your choice, have to put up with the
failures of your childrearing methods, all at a time when the earth is
so overpopulated that we're killing off not only our species, but
thousands of other species as well.

Many women seek to find some sort of personal justification by having
children, but that's not rational. If your life is so meaningless that
you have to breed a dependant child to have any sort of function, you
are just the sort of person whose offspring is not needed. If the only
way you can find someone to love you is to breed a child, than you have
some issues that should be dealt with, instead of trying to ignore your
issues by breeding a child, so you can claim to have some sort of
function in the world.

See if you can locate a book called _The Mother Person_ which was
written in the early 1970s. It's not like women haven't known that
breeding for a life career isn't empty and ultimately unfulfilling.
Did Marilyn French write in vain?

  #25  
Old August 6th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
LaTreen Washington
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 54
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

Phyl wrote:
LaTreen Washington wrote:

Please show me a man that insists on the right to waste the company
dime to express milk for 2 30-minute periods per day.




Eh, they don't. They're too busy finding internet porn at work



The duhds do 'cause they won't/can't bang the cows they're married to.
  #27  
Old August 6th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
elizabeth
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 89
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding


Mitchell Holman wrote:
"elizabeth" wrote in news:1154890987.827732.58720
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

snip
option in the first place. Why do you not respect a womans rights
Women really don't like other women.


There you pretended to speak for women, and you're not one. Typical
male, you have to tell us how we feel. What an asshole you are.

I loathe women who make it impossible for women to be treated like
human beings.

Make it impossible - how?


By selling out to the religious and economic pressures to overbreed
when we can't support those here now.

By becoming a broodsow

Is that what you called YOUR mother?


My mother had her children before legal contraception and abortion,
when there were fewer than 3 billion people on the planet, with none of
the tax giveaways and freebies we give people now who breed children
they can't or won't support.

and insisting that this is the
way women should be,

It is the some women CHOOSE to be.


Well, it's a stupid CHOICE, because women who choose to stay home and
breed kids end up homeless and alone quite a bit. It's a loser's game,
where you have no market value at all. In a capitalist society, such
women are beggars. Because it's too expensive to raise children now
(because we've "overgrazed our range" and it takes more work to provide
resources) taxpayers are expected to pay for more and more of the costs
involved in raising children. Because so many men CHOOSE to be
deadbeats and not support their children, we have more foster kids than
ever, and less children being supported by their fathers. That means
the taxpayers pay for more of the parent's responsibilities. I'm also
****ing tired of all the crime and mess children create, like how it
costs SF at least 30 million a year just for graffitti clean up, we
have gangrapists in middle schools, and shootings at high schools are
common. All the breeders of those thugs CHOSE to have a child.

she is pushing the same ideas that Magda Goebbels
did, that motherhood is what women are for, and in a time of
overpopulation, the idea that half the population should stay home and
breed more resource suckers is absolute insanity, unless you like wars,
plagues, and famines.


Are all children "resource suckers"?


Now that we live in a world where we can't house, employ, and feed
those here now, they are.

It must be painful to live with that much hate.


And that would be projection, so how do you live with that much hate
you project on others?

It's not my fault that overpopulation is destroying YOUR children's
futures. YOU chose, kids don't ask to be born.

  #28  
Old August 6th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
Phyl
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

LaTreen Washington wrote:
Phyl wrote:

LaTreen Washington wrote:

Please show me a man that insists on the right to waste the company
dime to express milk for 2 30-minute periods per day.





Eh, they don't. They're too busy finding internet porn at work



The duhds do 'cause they won't/can't bang the cows they're married to.



Ah, good. So you agree that men are wasting time at work. That was E-Z.

--
Phyl
  #29  
Old August 6th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
Phyl
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

elizabeth wrote:
Mitchell Holman wrote:

"elizabeth" wrote in news:1154890987.827732.58720
:


snip

option in the first place. Why do you not respect a womans rights

Women really don't like other women.



There you pretended to speak for women, and you're not one. Typical
male, you have to tell us how we feel. What an asshole you are.


I loathe women who make it impossible for women to be treated like
human beings.


Make it impossible - how?



By selling out to the religious and economic pressures to overbreed
when we can't support those here now.


By becoming a broodsow


Is that what you called YOUR mother?



My mother had her children before legal contraception and abortion,
when there were fewer than 3 billion people on the planet, with none of
the tax giveaways and freebies we give people now who breed children
they can't or won't support.


and insisting that this is the
way women should be,


It is the some women CHOOSE to be.



Well, it's a stupid CHOICE, because women who choose to stay home and
breed kids end up homeless and alone quite a bit.


I chose to stay home and have children, and I went back to work after
they were in school. My girls are terrific, and I enjoy them immensely,
as does my husband.

You have a lot of issues, it sounds like, and a great deal of
bitterness. You don't want to have children? Great. I did? Great.

Live and let live.


--
Phyl
  #30  
Old August 6th 06, 09:02 PM posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.feminism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.kids.breastfeeding,alt.support.childfree
Mitchell Holman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default The feminist view of breastfeeding

khan wrote in news:mErBg.1394$o27.268
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

wrote:
Ahh......I can understand that, completely. I think it is sad though.
We do not have to look at each other like that. I think we should stick
together and respect and learn from our differences.

You say words like "moo" "crotch-fruit" and well alot more that are
hateful. I don't wish to change your point of view but it does seem
strange that you would go out of your way to make a post like this in
group that is about mothers supporting each other in their chosen child
raising efforts.
Are you not "crotch-fruit" yourselve? Where your parents not breeders?
Do you despise your self? Respectivly, does all this hatred stem from
the fact that you are not able to bare children? Just to let you know
if you ever one day feel the want to have a child then remember this.
Though you may not be able to have a little "crotch-fruit" there are
plenty out there who are searching for parents to care for them. My God
says that the childless are blessed because they have the ability to
mother as many children or as few as they choose.


"bare children" ?

I prefer they be clothed in public.


Or everyone "bare".........




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 18th 06 06:47 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 August 30th 05 05:25 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 29th 04 05:16 AM
Recent Articles of Interest (Support-related) Chookie Breastfeeding 0 November 1st 03 12:53 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.