"Morning" sickness (VENT)

Old December 1st 04, 07:26 PM
Paula Johnson

Default "Morning" sickness (VENT)

I just need to vent someplace where people get it about how SICK I am
with this pregnancy. Constant nausea, from the moment I wake up to the
moment I go to sleep, and I started vomiting three days ago and can
only keep down about half of what I eat and drink. I even started
taking Zofran and it doesn't seem to be helping. I hate the term
"morning sickness" because it sooooo doesn't do this justice.

Ugh, this is just miserable. None of the standard remedies work for
me. I was really sick with my other two pregnancies, but I assumed
this time would be better since it's not twins. No such luck. If
anything, I feel even worse, which doesn't seem fair. It makes it very
hard to care for two busy toddlers!

I'm not really looking for suggestions, as I think I've tried
*everything*. I'm just looking for a little sympathy and perhaps some
reassurances that I can get through this. I'm almost dreaming of a m/c
at this point. I'm only 9w2d, and I just don't know if I can take many
more weeks of this (the sickness lasted until 13-14 weeks in my
previous pregnancies). :-(((

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks)
Old December 1st 04, 08:50 PM
JOLINDA RANEY

Paula,

I know its hard. I was hospitalized with both Sammi and Shay.. that is how
bad I had it. Zophran did nothing for me. I had it till weeks 17 and 20. It
was awful, so you got my sympathy---and you are right, morning sickness is
not the right term. LOL. I had it 24hrs a day. Try chewing on peppermint
gum. Good luck and hang in there.

Jolinda

Old December 1st 04, 10:54 PM
Unadulterated Me

Paula Johnson wrote:

I just need to vent someplace where people get it about how SICK I am
with this pregnancy. Constant nausea, from the moment I wake up to the
moment I go to sleep, and I started vomiting three days ago and can
only keep down about half of what I eat and drink.

{{{Paula}}} that sounds nasty. I've never had it myself but I can
imagine (in my nightmares) what living with a 24 hour stomach virus for
12 weeks must be like...bloody awful.
All I can suggest is try some not so standard remedies. Acupuncture,
acupressure, hypnosis, essential oils...I think Lemon, Peppermint,
Spearmint and Ginger are the best.

Andrea
Old December 2nd 04, 12:30 AM
Cam & Shane

Hi Paula

Nothing worked for me either - I don't know how I made it through. My
window was 1 hour in the morning when I could actually eat a small amount.
I had to take 3 months off work. I think the nausea was worse than the
vomiting.

You *can* get through this - and remember the little miracle you are making
for the sacrifice of morning sickness (oh yeah - the peeing later on - that
was soooo much easier to deal with than the morning sickness though
-))) ). You can do it!!!

Hugs from Cam (mum to Aiden - almost 7 months)

Old December 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
Kelly

My sympathies go to you. I had horrible sickness with my third pregnancy.
Zofran eventually stopped working, but for some reason the Reglan worked
pretty good after the initial horrible time weaned. By then I had a PICC
line in that I had to hook up to a big gross bag of nutrition nightly.

I know you aren't looking for suggestions, but some word of advice is to not
get overly dehydrated. There is a point where it just won't get better so
you need to get IV fluids in. Yes, it's a pain in the rump to go to the
hospital when you've got toddlers, but it is nice to get the fluids and rest
and all the antiemetics available

Hang in there! (((hugs)))

Kelly

Old December 2nd 04, 01:27 AM
Kaybee

"Paula Johnson" wrote in message
I just need to vent someplace where people get it about how SICK I am
with this pregnancy. Constant nausea, from the moment I wake up to the
moment I go to sleep, and I started vomiting three days ago and can
only keep down about half of what I eat and drink. I even started
taking Zofran and it doesn't seem to be helping. I hate the term
"morning sickness" because it sooooo doesn't do this justice.

I can understand that 'morning sickness' should be called something else.
With this pregnancy I only had it for a couple of days but had more foods
that triggered the sickness. With Eva I had it 'til my seventh month. Man
was I sick of it by then. I had it all day long.

Ugh, this is just miserable. None of the standard remedies work for
me. I was really sick with my other two pregnancies, but I assumed
this time would be better since it's not twins. No such luck. If
anything, I feel even worse, which doesn't seem fair. It makes it very
hard to care for two busy toddlers!

Did you talk to your doc to see what he thought about it. I believe they
can prescribe something for it.

I'm not really looking for suggestions, as I think I've tried
*everything*. I'm just looking for a little sympathy and perhaps some
reassurances that I can get through this.

You will make it threw this. Keep you head up. I feel for you I really do.

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old December 2nd 04, 01:30 AM
Dagny

"Kaybee" wrote in message

I can understand that 'morning sickness' should be called something else.
With this pregnancy I only had it for a couple of days but had more foods
that triggered the sickness. With Eva I had it 'til my seventh month.

Man
was I sick of it by then. I had it all day long.

I think it's called NVP (nausea and vomiting of pregnancy) or hyperemesis
(?sp).

You will make it threw this. Keep you head up. I feel for you I really

do.

Threw this. Har har.

-- Dagny

Old December 2nd 04, 02:52 AM
Irrational Number

Paula Johnson wrote:
I just need to vent someplace where people get it about how SICK I am
with this pregnancy.

Right there with ya! And you know what?
NOTHING HELPS! After the last pregnancy,
I've never had crackers since (got so
tired of them). This pregnancy, I burned
out on ginger ale.

Nothing helps. It just sucks. I'm at 13
weeks... Hope it lets up soon.

-- Anita --

Old December 2nd 04, 02:54 AM
Irrational Number

Kaybee wrote:
"Paula Johnson" wrote in message

I just need to vent someplace where people get it about how SICK I am
with this pregnancy.

I can understand that 'morning sickness' should be called something else.

Totally. Mine fluctuates throughout the day.
In fact, the mornings tend to be manageable,
but the exhaustion is the worst then. You
just can't win.

-- Anita --