Head Lice

Old January 23rd 05, 01:03 PM
Mo

Default Head Lice

Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?
Old January 23rd 05, 05:04 PM
Deja

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's problem. I know how horrible head
lice is to eradicate. So here's my two cents...

I really hate to say it, but if chemical products are not doing the job, the
only other way I know about is cutting the hair.

Good luck.
--
Deja

(Beware the email addy...)

m...

Old January 23rd 05, 07:25 PM
john

"Mo" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?

combing or brushing every day is the only way

never use those chemicals

Old January 24th 05, 01:46 AM

Have a look at this

http://www.jcu.edu.au/school/phtm/PH...ce/hlinfo1.htm

You can't beat the old fashioned comb, comb, comb. I understand that
the LiceMeister comb is really worth purchasing for the purpose (very
fine and long steel toothed comb with a plastic handle).

Mary G.

Old January 24th 05, 03:42 AM
PF Riley

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:25:20 +0000 (UTC), "john"
wrote:

"Mo" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?

combing or brushing every day is the only way

Do you really think "combing or brushing every day" will cure lice?

PF
Old January 24th 05, 02:16 PM
Sal

"Mo" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?

I've found the condition & comb treatment to be the best.
Wet & towel dry your child's hair, put a towel round their shoulders and
smother their hair in cheap conditioner, leave for 5 minutes, this
apparently stuns lice into loosening their grip for up to 20 minutes, then
comb through the hair in sections with a very fine tooth comb starting at
the neck line. Wipe moisture from the comb with a paper tissue each time and
check the tissue for lice or eggs. Do this every other night until there are
no eggs or lice, then once a week to prevent re-infestation.

Sal

Old January 25th 05, 12:03 AM
Blueyonder

Use the shampoos as directed, comb and wash the bedclothes...
Also treat the entire family....

Rob

Old January 26th 05, 07:25 PM
GRAHAME MACDONALD

Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head
lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?

combing or brushing every day is the only way

Do you really think "combing or brushing every day" will cure lice?

PF

Sure it works. I tried for years those stupid chemicals, on my 2 kids. By
the time my 3rd went to school, I gave up.
Now everyday the kids have learned, (except my youngest) to brush their
hair with the lice comb.
And I do it myself every few days.
They are mostly lice free 90% of the time, and if they get any lice, its
only for 1 day, and they are bruched out, eggs and all.
The only thing is, make sure the hair is dry with the lice comb, otherwise
it gets very hard to brush them out.

I will never go and spend $20-30 a hit for my family and chemicals.
It becomes a habbit. Bruch with normal brush, then lice comb, everyday.
For girls you can also use hairspray. Lice dont like that.

All the best
Fiona

Old January 27th 05, 08:06 AM
PF Riley

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:25:51 +1100, "GRAHAME MACDONALD"
wrote:

Can anyone help with alternative methods of getting rid of head

lice
from my daughters head? I have tried the chemical products sold at
chemist shops but my daughter is still suffering. Any ideas?

combing or brushing every day is the only way

Do you really think "combing or brushing every day" will cure lice?

PF

Sure it works. I tried for years those stupid chemicals, on my 2 kids. By
the time my 3rd went to school, I gave up.
Now everyday the kids have learned, (except my youngest) to brush their
hair with the lice comb.
And I do it myself every few days.
They are mostly lice free 90% of the time, and if they get any lice, its
only for 1 day, and they are bruched out, eggs and all.

So you are saying your kids have lice 10% of the time? Doesn't sound
effective to me.

What this probably means is that you only see evidence of their
ongoing lice infestation about 10% of the time.

PF

Bargain Head Lice (Nit) Shampoo Richard Ravn-Listowski Kids Health 0 April 23rd 04 01:49 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Lice Family Feud: Finger-pointing at it's best ! romten9 Kids Health 6 September 25th 03 10:12 AM
Ugh!!! Head Lice!!! shirley Twins & Triplets 8 September 22nd 03 04:57 PM