I totally flunked my Postnatal Depression test :o(

Old August 13th 03, 11:15 AM
Chookie

Default I totally flunked my Postnatal Depression test :o( UPDATE

In article ,
"iphigenia" wrote:

I now feel a little more positive. We also bought a food book which
tells you what foods to eat when depressed and tell you how to eat
for health. It also says that burning steak is bad for you, as it can
cause cancer!

Actually, it's grilled meat in general. The fats that drip into the fire
become carcinogenic when burned, and are reabsorbed into the meat when it's
charred.

I heard recently that this is only a problem if you are a rat -- the compounds
don't cause the same problems in humans.

http://www.abc.net.au/health/minutes...es/s810269.htm

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old August 13th 03, 01:00 PM
Sara

Chookie wrote:

In article ,
"iphigenia" wrote:

I now feel a little more positive. We also bought a food book which
tells you what foods to eat when depressed and tell you how to eat
for health. It also says that burning steak is bad for you, as it can
cause cancer!

Actually, it's grilled meat in general. The fats that drip into the fire
become carcinogenic when burned, and are reabsorbed into the meat when it's
charred.

I heard recently that this is only a problem if you are a rat...

On Usenet, nobody knows you're a rodent...

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

I check this e-mail account infrequently
Old August 13th 03, 08:03 PM
DGoree

Actually, it's grilled meat in general. The fats that drip into the fire
become carcinogenic when burned, and are reabsorbed into the meat when it's
charred.

Chookie wrote,

I heard recently that this is only a problem if you are a rat --

Uh oh. Gotta go call some people!

Mary Ellen
William (8)
Matthew (6)
Margaret (nearly 2!)
Old August 15th 03, 01:53 PM
Mogget

In message , teapot
writes

I got this book put of the library just after moo was born in case i
needed it
Antenatal and Postnatal Depression: Practical Advice and Support for
All Sufferers
S. Curham and it had a section on diet that was pretty good. It also
mentioned building up support networks - people who could suport you
emotionally, practically (housework etc) , technically ( i put mkb for
that!) etc.

Problem is that when you're deep in the hell of depression, what use is
a support network? You're too exhausted and withdrawn to be able to
contact it.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat