Please help me make her wish come true!!

Old November 10th 03, 03:42 AM
Brooke

Default Please help me make her wish come true!!

My name is Brooke and I have a friend who has a 7 year old daughter
with Neuroblastoma. Her name is Cierra and she has a wish to go to
Walt Disney World. Cierra's mom is unable to work due to Cierra's
condition and all the time spent in and out of hospitals. I'd like to
give Cierra her wish. Will you please help me raise enough money to
send Cierra on the trip she'll never forget. Unfortunately, Cierra
may not have much time. This will be a surprise to both Cierra and
her mother. Please mail any donations (checks payable to Cierra Lugo)
to: Commerce Bank all deposits c/o Cierra Lugo 3109 Cape Horn Road
Red Lion PA 17356 Thank you so much for any and all support and
please remember to keep Cierra in your prayers. You can learn more
about Cierra's condition. Feel free to email me.

Old November 10th 03, 11:44 AM
Sue

Contact Make a Wish foundation and they will grant her wish. It's nice of
you to want to help, but asking strangers on the internet probably won't
help much, but the Make a wish foundation can. Good luck.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 11th 03, 04:10 AM
Brooke

Brooke wrote in message
My name is Brooke and I have a friend who has a 7 year old daughter
with Neuroblastoma. Her name is Cierra and she has a wish to go to
Walt Disney World. Cierra's mom is unable to work due to Cierra's
condition and all the time spent in and out of hospitals. I'd like to
give Cierra her wish. Will you please help me raise enough money to
send Cierra on the trip she'll never forget. Unfortunately, Cierra
may not have much time. This will be a surprise to both Cierra and
her mother. Please mail any donations (checks payable to Cierra Lugo)
to: Commerce Bank all deposits c/o Cierra Lugo 3109 Cape Horn Road
Red Lion PA 17356 Thank you so much for any and all support and
please remember to keep Cierra in your prayers. You can learn more
about Cierra's condition. Feel free to email me.

Make a wish only helps if you are the child, the child's guardian or a
health care worker somewhere where the childs receives medical
attention. I am none of these. I don't think it's wrong to ask
strangers for help. Everyone is human and humans are good-hearted and
want to help those in need. I'm just a small fish in a big pond
looking for all the help I can get. Again, thanks for any support
possible.

I also think that if I can raise enough money on my own that her mom
would be so much more touched at the fact that there are so many
caring people out there who want to help a child they've never met
rather than an organization that does the same for every child.
Right??
Old November 11th 03, 04:33 AM
Banty

In article , Brooke says...

Brooke wrote in message
[...]

Or you could be scamming us for money. Unfortunately, this is rather common.
And any protest you may make about it would appear to be part of the act.

So people are recommending that you work through recognized agencies. If you
really want to help in a big way, this is the way to do it.

If you really think cash would have a sentimental value to the mom as you say,
then you should be able to raise a certain amount from friends and neighbors who
know the family.

But appealing on USENET is a very poor approach. Either go to the recognized
agencies, or discuss a cash collection with folks who know the family. People
who try to gather money from strangers are generally not on the up and up.

Sorry,
Banty

Old November 12th 03, 03:36 AM
Jeff

"Brooke" wrote in message

(...)

I also think that if I can raise enough money on my own that her mom
would be so much more touched at the fact that there are so many
caring people out there who want to help a child they've never met
rather than an organization that does the same for every child.

You mean like the thousands who give to make-a-wish and the other
foundations?

Right??

Make-a-wish and the other foundations is the way to go.

I have to agree with the other people that there is no way we can tell if
this is a scam.

Jeff

Old November 23rd 03, 04:08 AM
Brooke

"Jeff" wrote in message ...
"Brooke" wrote in message

(...)

I also think that if I can raise enough money on my own that her mom
would be so much more touched at the fact that there are so many
caring people out there who want to help a child they've never met
rather than an organization that does the same for every child.

You mean like the thousands who give to make-a-wish and the other
foundations?

Right??

Make-a-wish and the other foundations is the way to go.

I have to agree with the other people that there is no way we can tell if
this is a scam.

Jeff

You know what everyone, there are so many suffering children out
there. I'm trying to make just one have her wish come true. I know
all about Make-A-Wish and they know all about Cierra. They've already
granted Cierra a wish and that's it...one wish and they're done. I
seem to have enough good-hearted people on my community, because my
effort to raise money is off to a good start, so just nevermind.
Would asking for you to keep this child in your prayers be a scam?