My wife's two front teeth - (implants ?) - gums receeding please advise

Old October 2nd 04, 01:27 PM
A_Newsreader

Default My wife's two front teeth - (implants ?) - gums receeding please advise

I will add that since this post I did some searching on the internet
and one thing that I will say is that she has been breast feeding our
15month old son from birth and she reckons that it is due to this plus
the fact that she isn't eating as well as she could (so she is
suffering from a poor diet) she say's she has bought some
multivitamins to replace what she thinks she's losing due to
breastfeeding and will take more care in that area.

She reckons that her gums have already improved.

Can this happen ?? ANd can this be the reason ??

Pleqse, serious answers only thanks.

(A_Newsreader) wrote in message . com...
Firstly - i'm using a very foreign keyboard so apologies for the many
typing mistakes i'm sure i'll be making.

The problem;

We are living in north africa at the moment (from UK originally).

Dental health here isn't that hot. and my wife has a problem in that
we are noticing that where her two front teeth (implants), the gums
have receeded and you can see above the line of the top of these teeth
(if you see what I mean).

She has confessed that she hasn't been brushing her teeth evry night
becasue we have just had a baby and she is so tired (never going to
sleep during the night now for over a year)

Now though she is brushing her teeth three times a day but I'm worried
that she may be over brushing them.

What should we do ??

Bearing in mind that we will be Africa for at least the next couple of
years before visiting the UK again ??

Is she on the road to losing her two front teeth ??

Like permanantly (she is so beautiful _ I'd hate to see that happen)
??

can she rebuild the gums as she did't have great teeth when I met her
(we've been married for 11 years)

Will this gum grow back ??

Please advise.

P.S. Where we are there is a lot of sugar in the diet, she is careful
of this but I'm sure her intact of sugar here is more than she ever
took in the UK.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards.

Old October 2nd 04, 01:47 PM
Joel M. Eichen

On 2 Oct 2004 05:27:48 -0700, (A_Newsreader)
wrote:

I will add that since this post I did some searching on the internet
and one thing that I will say is that she has been breast feeding our
15month old son from birth and she reckons that it is due to this plus
the fact that she isn't eating as well as she could (so she is
suffering from a poor diet) she say's she has bought some
multivitamins to replace what she thinks she's losing due to
breastfeeding and will take more care in that area.

She reckons that her gums have already improved.

Can this happen ?? ANd can this be the reason ??

Pleqse, serious answers only thanks.

More importantly, are the implants loose?

The best way to tell is to take two forks (handle end) and try to move
the implant back and forth. If you use your fingers, its impossible to
tell as the soft tissue of the finger obscures the small movements

I do this in the dental office using two explorers .....

QUESTION:

Is the implant loose?

The other stuff, vitamins, natural products, good food, flossing,
etc., are not what counts here.

Joel

Old October 2nd 04, 03:27 PM
Stormlady

My understanding has been that when the gum recedes, it is receded
permanently, it cannot grow back. The recession could be caused by the
implants. Sometimes gum tissue will recede from the foreign material. It
is also passible that the implants are a little too thick at the neck area,
not contoured enough and that is what is making the gums recede. If you can
find a dentist who is experienced with implants where you are I would
definately make an appointment to go see him/her. I don't know if there is
anything that can be done surgically with the gums, I have never heard of
anything but that doesn't mean there isn't.

If food particles get above the implant and under the gum there, where there
is nothing but the screw holding them to bone, it is possible that it could
cause an infection. That could be very problematic and cause further
problems.

I was a dental tech 2 years ago who used to make crown and bridge products
and worked on implants as well so I do know a bit about this field.

om...

Old October 2nd 04, 07:03 PM
Nancy

wrote:

I will add that since this post I did some searching on the internet
and one thing that I will say is that she has been breast feeding our
15month old son from birth and she reckons that it is due to this plus
the fact that she isn't eating as well as she could (so she is
suffering from a poor diet) she say's she has bought some
multivitamins to replace what she thinks she's losing due to
breastfeeding and will take more care in that area.

Good idea. Vitamins and through foods too.

She reckons that her gums have already improved.

Wow.

Can this happen ?? ANd can this be the reason ??

I think it could be the reason. (not a dentist - but believe
proper diet, care helps all systems).
I personally have noticed very subtle temporary changes in gums and
teeth - teeth seeming very slightly loose - with weight
loss/temporarily not eating properly.
Is she getting enough protein, calcium, vitamin C?
She probably is now.

Brushing, (esp brush w/in one hour after eating/drinking anything
sweet or eating carbs), *flossing*, tooth care is important,
I think even moreso when you are out of your country/away from a
dentist.

Good diet, post childbirth vitamins, attention to home care of the
teeth is definitely going to help. Specifics about the
implants, I don't know.

Old October 2nd 04, 08:38 PM
W_B

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:03:24 GMT, (Nancy) wrote:

Wow.

A good servicing by a real man never hurts.

--
W_B

Take out the G'RBAGE
Old October 2nd 04, 09:02 PM
Joel M. Eichen

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:38:43 GMT, W_B wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:03:24 GMT, (Nancy) wrote:

Wow.

A good servicing by a real man never hurts.

Would that be you, Mr. Johnson?

Old October 2nd 04, 09:10 PM
W_B

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:02:15 -0400, Joel M. Eichen
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:38:43 GMT, W_B wrote:

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:03:24 GMT, (Nancy) wrote:

Wow.

A good servicing by a real man never hurts.

Would that be you, Mr. Johnson?

Don't be asking about my "Johnson"

--
W_B