December due dates

Old December 1st 03, 05:05 PM
Mary

Default December due dates

Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby? How's the Christmas/holiday shopping
going? You're almost there!! How's this last month treating you all?
Everything ready for the birth, bags packed, husbands anxious, weekly
OB/midwife visits started yet? Does it seem like your belly has doubled
in size since last month? Any nesting, or is it mostly the extreme
fatigue of late pregnancy? I remember being so amazed that I felt 100%
better two weeks after birth than I did two weeks before birth, even
though we were taking care of a newborn around the clock. Are you
excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the family to prepare
(or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a house? Hang in
there! Vent as needed.

Mary S.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:02 AM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article , Mary wrote:
Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

Some of each. Enjoying some time off before the baby comes but worried
about burning too much of my leave.

How's the Christmas/holiday shopping
going?

catalogs are my friends...

You're almost there!! How's this last month treating you all?
Everything ready for the birth, bags packed, husbands anxious, weekly
OB/midwife visits started yet? Does it seem like your belly has doubled
in size since last month? Any nesting, or is it mostly the extreme
fatigue of late pregnancy?

Getaway bag is packed, mom keeps checking before she goes anywhere in case
we might need her to watch DD while we escape to the hospital. belly gets
in the way of everything - I'm carrying totally front and center. Weight
gain is slower,

Nesting seems to be taking the form of baking, I've been able to resist any
urges to scrub dark corners, just too tired.

I remember being so amazed that I felt 100%
better two weeks after birth than I did two weeks before birth, even
though we were taking care of a newborn around the clock. Are you
excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the family to prepare
(or chase after)?

A n almost 2 1/2 year old, but the extreme luxury of having a nanny for her
during the day since normally I work away from home.

Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a house? Hang in
there! Vent as needed.

Hours of crampy contractions that get me thinking something's started, then
they just fade away. Everyone keeps asking if I think it will be soon but
I've been wrong so many times already I've given up guessing. I've been 2cm
for at least a week and a half now, but finally the baby is decending a
bit. My dr says he's not worried anymore that she'll flip back to breech
which is good. I'm hoping to just relax now and enjoy the time I've got
left before newborn boot camp starts in again.

All my maternity clothes are uncomfortably tight now, most of the shirts
aren't long enough to hide the panels. I have very little for cold weather
and it's hardly a good time to be buying more. I want new clothes, or even
old clothes that fit again!

Irish step dancing lessons seem to be scheduled for 11pm through 2am. When
this baby is born we're going to have to have a serious talk about this day
vs night thing.

-Liz

Old December 2nd 03, 03:13 AM
nichole

Okay, roll call time. All you gorgeously pregnant nine-monthers, are
you ready to strangle someone yet, or are you still enjoying the last
few moments of your in-utero baby?

I had a failed version today, so I am very sad. I had a freestanding birth
center waterbirth all planned and now everything is upside down (no pun
intended.) I am going for my second version attempt next monday. Have been
doing pelvic tilts, pulsatilla, visualization, music, flashlight, anything I
can think of. I don't think I realized how important a vaginal birth was to me
until the doctor said she was giving up. I just cried and cried. It was kind
of embarrasing.

How's the Christmas/holiday shopping
going?

I did all my christmas shopping online. =)

You're almost there!! How's this last month treating you all?
Everything ready for the birth, bags packed, husbands anxious, weekly
OB/midwife visits started yet?

Weekly visits yes. This last month is ok. I am still doing my three 12 hour
night shifts a week and that is slowly doing me in. Sometimes I find myself
walking down the hall with my eyes closed. My bags are packed but I really
hope nothing happens until after my next version attempt.

Does it seem like your belly has doubled
in size since last month? Any nesting, or is it mostly the extreme
fatigue of late pregnancy? I remember being so amazed that I felt 100%
better two weeks after birth than I did two weeks before birth, even
though we were taking care of a newborn around the clock.

My belly looks very bizzare since she is complete breech. I always have this
giant head poking out right under my ribs on the right side. I rearranged my
entire room a couple weeks ago, think that was pretty good nesting. Lately I
have just been laying down a lot.

Are you
excited to meet your baby soon? Any siblings in the family to prepare
(or chase after)? Aches and pains, insomnia, big as a house? Hang in
there! Vent as needed.

Lots of braxton-hicks, especially at work. I really didn't have that many
aches and pains until today. They tried the version for a half hour and boy am
I sore. My back is more sore than anything else, but my belly is aching too.
I am excited to meet my baby. My boyfriend is off the road until she is born
(he's a truck driver.) During the sono this morning the tech said that she
looked like she had lots of hair, for some reason that made me really excited.
I think I could vent for hours about her still being breech but I have a big
headache from crying all day about it. I can't believe it's already december
though. Wow.

Nichole
#1 due December 16th
Old December 2nd 03, 03:28 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Liz S. Reynolds wrote:

My dr says he's not worried anymore that she'll flip back to breech
which is good.

Aren't you so glad the version worked?! It makes
me cranky so many women aren't even offered the option of
a version and end up thinking a scheduled c-section is
their only option :-( Here's wishing you a safe and easy
birth!

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old December 2nd 03, 03:40 AM
nichole

Ericka wrote:

nichole wrote:

I had a failed version today, so I am very sad. I had a freestanding birth
center waterbirth all planned and now everything is upside down (no pun
intended.) I am going for my second version attempt next monday. Have

been
doing pelvic tilts, pulsatilla, visualization, music, flashlight, anything

can think of. I don't think I realized how important a vaginal birth was

to me
until the doctor said she was giving up. I just cried and cried. It was

kind
of embarrasing.

Awwwww, I'm *so* sorry. Any idea why it didn't work?
Is it possible you need a different person to try the version
next time--maybe someone more experienced? Or is the baby
just plain old being uncooperative? I sure hope things work
out for you next time!

Thanks for the good wishes. The midwives made sure to schedule my next version
with a different doctor, they said he was most successful at turning babies.
The doctor today said that the baby was positioned funny. She said that her
back was against my back. It didn't really make sense to me, but she said it
would make the version harder. I guess it did!

Nichole

Old December 2nd 03, 03:52 AM
T Flynn

On 2 Dec 2003, nichole wrote:
I don't think I realized how important a vaginal birth was to me
until the doctor said she was giving up. I just cried and cried. It was kind
of embarrasing.

Please please don't feel embarrassed. You're trying very hard to do the
best you can, and when you're faced with roadblocks, you are perfectly
right to be upset. Then, when you're done crying, please use a nice cold
compress on your face, take a deep breath, and talk to your doctor about
what are other options and stuff -- you're scheduled for next week
already, so best of luck getting the munchkin flipped!

(I'm still only around 30 weeks and I just keep feeling her somersaulting
around in there....)

Old December 2nd 03, 06:05 AM
Mary

nichole wrote:

I had a failed version today, so I am very sad. I had a freestanding birth
center waterbirth all planned and now everything is upside down (no pun
intended.) I am going for my second version attempt next monday. Have been
doing pelvic tilts, pulsatilla, visualization, music, flashlight, anything I
can think of. I don't think I realized how important a vaginal birth was to me
until the doctor said she was giving up. I just cried and cried. It was kind
of embarrasing.

Oh geez, that's horrible. You cry your eyes out if you need to, and
don't be one bit ashamed of giving yourself a good healthy outlet for
the disappointment. I hope it works next week.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 20 months

Old December 2nd 03, 12:20 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article ,
nichole wrote:
Ericka wrote:

nichole wrote:

[...]

The dr who did mine said the same thing - she didn't want to try on a vbac
patient at all, and if the baby had been in a good position she would not
have made the attempt. Complete breech is also harder than frank breech, I
guess because the knees can get stuck.

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, I hope you have better luck on the
next attempt. Maybe look at techniques for rotating the back forward rather
than concentrating on getting him to flip.

I understand exactly what you mean about bein sore from the head, it had
been making me nuts even before I knew that's what it was.

-Liz

Old December 2nd 03, 06:25 PM
Ericka Kammerer

nichole wrote:

Thanks for the good wishes. The midwives made sure to schedule my next version
with a different doctor, they said he was most successful at turning babies.
The doctor today said that the baby was positioned funny. She said that her
back was against my back. It didn't really make sense to me, but she said it
would make the version harder. I guess it did!

Good that you're going with someone else, and yes,
it's more difficult when the baby's posterior. Good luck
keeping up the exercises and whatnot to help out, and I
sure hope the version works next time. The doctor I
went to for my version was supposed to be the best in
the area, and I heard that he is frequently able to
turn babies where others failed. I also read several
studies showing that repeat attempts (when there weren't
contraindications) were worth the effort. So I
think there is hope yet! I'll certainly have my
fingers crossed for you.

Best wishes,
Ericka