Hard to nurse discreetly??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 8th 03, 05:23 AM
Al Bell

Default Hard to nurse discreetly??

"JoAnna" writes:

I read is some posts about wearing double shirts, nursing shirts (yucko) or
pulling one's breast out through wierd parts of your shirt...do people
generally have a rough time nursing discreetly in "normal" clothes? Or does
wearing a sling or carrier make it difficult?

I think the thing that really makes it difficult is when the baby is old
enough to want to pull away and look around a lot. Before that happens,
it's pretty easy to figure out a strategy to keep the exciting parts
hidden. Afterwards, the mom is probably bound to flash an occasional
inch of areola at the adoring public.

When I started nursing my 1st I went and purchased some nursing shirts
(overpriced, awkward and a waste of time!!)

Nursing shirts are overpriced, but I think they cover the belly a little
better than the baby does, and they're also great for pumping in the
office. If you're pumping in an office or cubicle and someone just barges
in, all they see is the Isis sticking out of the shirt, looking like a
weird water glass.

Just undo the nursing bra,

One thing I've done is stopped wearing bras for the duration. The easiest
bra to undo is one that doesn't exist.

So - now that i am planning on using the Maya Wrap and nursing in it can
anyone tell me if my "normal shirt" nursing approach witll leave me exposed
in public?

If you're happy using a normal shirt without a Maya Wrap, you should be
even better covered when you're using the Maya Wrap.