Maybe parents should..........

Old February 24th 06, 12:53 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Maybe parents should..........

.........take an Oath, as doctors do.

First, do no harm.

It doesn't stop the doctor from providing health care, but it makes him
stop and think, if he or she is moral and ethical.

How anyone could consider calling hitting or otherwise deliberately
causing pain to a child to "teach" not risking harm is beyond me.

The lessor of two evils?

Quick and dirty and convenient?

Pain protects from other pain?

Where's their proof, beyond silly claims that thousands have years have
proven it?

They offer NO data that has ever supported that claim. Not one iota,
beyond the completely irrational claim that less CP resulted in more
compliance....another lesson in kapakai logic. (all upside down).

A little bit of arsenic won't kill you?

(While ignoring that eventually it will by accumulation?)

Proof that spanking can be reduced to the point it has no apparent
adverse effect, so let's DO IT?

Gosh, if only we could convince everyone to reduce it to the point it
couldn't possibly do harm...but what point would that be, anyway?

I've just been reading an old copy of Shermer's book on skepticism, "Why
People Believe Weird Things."

It helps explains a lot of what we see in this newsgroup from those like
Doan.

Doan can't even figure out the Embry experiment wasn't focused on how
reprimands increase or reduce street entry rates, but how the program
applied reduced REPRIMANDS, AND street entry rates, and other
undesirables as well as increase wanted behaviors.

THAT's the kind of weird thinking and weird beliefs we have to deal with
here. So weird they warp a perfectly nice boy's reality into some
twisted monstrosity like Doan's. What could have happened to him as a
child I wonder?

Oh well.

0:-

Old February 27th 06, 02:27 PM
beccafromlalaland beccafromlalaland is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0:-
.........take an Oath, as doctors do.

First, do no harm.

It doesn't stop the doctor from providing health care, but it makes him
stop and think, if he or she is moral and ethical.
I'm sorry this just made me stop and let out a rather bitter laugh.

Sometimes the "healthcare" is the harm Ask the more than 600,000 women who had unnecessary major abdominal surgery last year.
__________________
Becca

Momma to two boys

Big Guy 3/02
and

Wuvy-Buv 8/05
Old February 27th 06, 06:59 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

--
beccafromlalaland

Maybe parents should be buying malpractice insurance! ;-)

Doan

Old February 27th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

0:- Wrote:

.........take an Oath, as doctors do.

First, do no harm.

It doesn't stop the doctor from providing health care, but it makes
him
stop and think, if he or she is moral and ethical.

I'm sorry this just made me stop and let out a rather bitter laugh.

Sometimes the "healthcare" is the harm Ask the more than 600,000 women
who had unnecessary major abdominal surgery last year.

--
beccafromlalaland

Maybe parents should be buying malpractice insurance! ;-)

beccafromlalaland makes a good point. And it is very much related to the
abuses parents do in the name of "spanking."

0:-

Doan

And you are still a lying coward that cannot debate the Embry study
after daring me to.

You are all too obvious.

Kane