Why we need the law, or how Texas manages to have low academic scores.

Old February 11th 06, 03:38 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Why we need the law, or how Texas manages to have low academic scores.

http://www.nospank.net/causby.htm

The fed says it's okay to do this...warning, the pics are very graphic.

GROVETON, TX: On August 21, 2003, Justin Michael Causby was beaten on
the buttocks with a wooden board by his school coach.

* Justin's mother says: "You could see blood through his
underwear."

* Justin's doctor's said the bruises we "consistent with
traumatic injury."

* Texas Department of Education spokesperson, Geoff Wool said:
"Corporal punishment is allowed. If it's done in a measured, nonviolent
way, it's not considered abuse."

Each child that has this kind of experience, either by schools or
parents, is a martyr to the cause for a no spank law.

It's coming folks.

0:-

Old February 13th 06, 05:52 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Well Texas is perhaps the worst state in regards to such stuff.
Personally I hate Texas. Anyway my advice for dealing with school
administrators who paddle in Texas is to pop em one, if one of them
tried that with me they would be spitting teeth. Now, you will probably
say that a student who resorts to such methods will be arrested and
convicted with assaulting a school official. Well, not if that person
is stronger than the police and stronger than the law.

Old February 28th 06, 12:49 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Yes, laws that protect children are coming. Too slowly, in my mind, but
the laws are coming.

We cannot continue to legally hit our children in the US and justify the
hitting. We can't continue to justify the pain, the bruises, or the
emotional damage.

On this ng and others, the most vocal spanking advocates tend to be the
most disrespectful. Spanking teaches disrespect and models violence.

Changes are coming.

LaVonne

Old February 28th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

Yes, laws that protect children are coming. Too slowly, in my mind, but
the laws are coming.

We cannot continue to legally hit our children in the US and justify the
hitting. We can't continue to justify the pain, the bruises, or the
emotional damage.

On this ng and others, the most vocal spanking advocates tend to be the
most disrespectful. Spanking teaches disrespect and models violence.

You wouldn't be talking about ignoranus kane0 now, would you? ;-)

Doan