10 weeks teething?

Old August 22nd 03, 10:23 PM
teapot

Default 10 weeks teething?

Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo is
drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a bit
as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between the
snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
poo is fine.

teapot
Old August 23rd 03, 03:58 AM
Bippy

"teapot" wrote in message
m...
| Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo
is
| drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a
bit
| as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between
the
| snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
| really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
| poo is fine.

Uh huh. Teething. My daughter started it at 10 weeks as well. She's 14
weeks now and one of the bottom teeth has finally poked through enough
to see the pearly white. Cute, but she's had a helluva time with it.
Poor thing. Just doesn't seem fair to go thru teething at such an
early age. :-(

Old August 23rd 03, 05:06 AM
Dawn Lawson

Richard wrote:

teapot wrote:
: Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo is
: drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a bit
: as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between the
: snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
: really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
: poo is fine.

Does this sound like teething to you,.....

Yep.

I doubt you'll see teeth anytime soon.
My DS and a friend's DD (3 weeks apart) did this abut that age, and my DS
cut his first tooth at about 7.5 months, and her DD cut her first about 7
months.
We were both literally wiping puddles of spit off the floor, and could track
our movements by the trail of drool left behind our kids.

Dawn

Old August 23rd 03, 05:28 AM
Nina

"Bippy" wrote in message
m...
"teapot" wrote in message
m...
| Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo
is
| drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a
bit
| as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between
the
| snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
| really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
| poo is fine.

Uh huh. Teething. My daughter started it at 10 weeks as well. She's 14
weeks now and one of the bottom teeth has finally poked through enough
to see the pearly white. Cute, but she's had a helluva time with it.
Poor thing. Just doesn't seem fair to go thru teething at such an
early age. :-(

Amazing, mine didnt get teeth till they were like 7 months old.

Old August 24th 03, 03:24 AM
Bippy

"Nina" wrote in message
et...

| Amazing, mine didnt get teeth till they were like 7 months old.

Uh huh. My oldest daughter had her first teeth at 7 months too. That
was relatively easy compared to such a teeny little one trying to find
comfort while her mouth is hurting. Poor lil' thing! 'Course, she's
growing like crazy cuz the only thing that comforts her sometimes is
nursing, so she's chubbing out. grin

Old August 24th 03, 05:48 AM
Kereru

"teapot" wrote in message
m...
Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo is
drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a bit
as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between the
snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
poo is fine.

teapot

My son drooled like a tap from eight weeks and didn't get a tooth until six
months. It could be though you never know. I'd probably expect a few
horrible nappies and a bit of a red bum as well but not all kids get that.
Oh and they can "teeth" for months before they get a tooth!

Judy

Old August 28th 03, 02:57 AM
Larry McMahan

teapot writes:
: Does this sound like teething to you, or something different? Moo is
: drooling like a lunatic and chewing his hands, he's off his milk a bit
: as well but will do a couple of big decent feeds a day in between the
: snacking. He has been in a really difficult mood the past few days,
: really clingy and needing major playing with to make him smile. His
: poo is fine.

: teapot

To all those responders who expressed suprise at the wide variations
in teething...

My first two (mom A) teethed at 9 months),

my second two (mom B) teethed at 3 1/2 months.

It's genetics folks. Genes determine when teeth come in.

Larry
Old August 28th 03, 04:03 AM
Dawn Lawson

Larry McMahan wrote:

To all those responders who expressed suprise at the wide variations
in teething...

My first two (mom A) teethed at 9 months),

my second two (mom B) teethed at 3 1/2 months.

It's genetics folks. Genes determine when teeth come in.

Interesting Larry, thanks.

Teeth aren't a milestone, due to this variability.
Most "milestones" are such due their their consistant age of appearance.
JFYI

Dawn

Old August 28th 03, 06:36 PM
JoAnna

"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message

Larry McMahan wrote:

To all those responders who expressed suprise at the wide variations
in teething...

My first two (mom A) teethed at 9 months),

my second two (mom B) teethed at 3 1/2 months.

It's genetics folks. Genes determine when teeth come in.

Interesting Larry, thanks.

Teeth aren't a milestone, due to this variability.
Most "milestones" are such due their their consistant age of appearance.
JFYI

Dawn

My DS starting teething at 3 months - poor kid! it was always more than one
tooth at at time...it was terrible when multiple molars came at one time!

I feel bad that they are on the planet - happy go lucky - for such a short
time before the *pain* starts...not fair in my opinion!

JoAnna~*