Doan influences parents to choose CP

Old February 25th 06, 03:59 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Doan LIED about Embry Study Doan influences parents to chooseCP

How can you tell when Doan has lost the debate?

Easy. He attacks everything else connected to the subject rather than
argue the content.

And COWARDLY REFUSES TO EITHER DEBATE, OR CONCEDE.

Come on, droaner....tell us some more about how this isn't about spanking.

Or dream up some other bs to pull that is not debate.

Obviously you have conceded but are too cowardly to admit it like a man.

The Embry study stands as a valid and important piece of research into a
classic and hoary claim by spankers that shreds their claim in tatters.

You cannot teach a child to play safely around nearby traffic by
spanking them.

Or, feel free, droaning away, to provide research of this kind and
method, that shows spanking teaches the same age range of children to
stay out of traffic.

Your call. Coward.

Kane

Old February 25th 06, 04:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Spanking vs The Embry Report

Doan is going to provide us with a report on spanking as a way to teach
children to stay out of traffic that will meet or exceed the finding of
the Safe Play experiment, that reduced the incidence of street entries
by children under five to 10% of baseline entries.

We have lots of time, Doan.

Let us know when you have the data and a report.

Possibly you'd like to use your own children for subjects?

0:-

Old February 25th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

The Embry study has nothing to do with spanking and street entries. If
you can provide any data from this study that support your claim that
spanking increased the rate of street entries, I would be truly indebted!

AFfromDreamLand

Old February 25th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

As Dorothy and beccafromlalaland have already suggested. Children at this
age need constant supervision. Neither spanking nor alternatives to
spanking will keep your children safe from the street! In fact, just by
keeping your children playing in the backyard will reduce street entries
100%! ;-)

Doan

Old February 26th 06, 02:53 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
The Embry study has nothing to do with spanking and street entries.

It has everything to do with NOT using spanking and instead using
alternatives.

This group is about spanking and challengest to it.

You are stupid.

If
you can provide any data from this study that support your claim that
spanking increased the rate of street entries, I would be truly indebted!

You are stupid.

The study was referred to long ago as an alternative to spanking.

And no, I've told you I am not going to give a source for my comment,
and you are free to discount it.

I want to see you or anyone counter the conclusion of the Embry study
with similar exeriments with spanking.

AFfromDreamLand

Old February 26th 06, 03:01 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:
Now where in this study that it says that "spanking increased the rate of
street entries"?

I didn't say it did, nor did I say it didn't.

Come on, Kane.

Where?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

No, to either. Not until you do.

Doan

Produce an argument about this study, or I'll simply discuss it with
others. You aren't debating, you are avoiding debate.

Doan't

Old February 26th 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:

As Dorothy and beccafromlalaland have already suggested. Children at this
age need constant supervision. Neither spanking nor alternatives to
spanking will keep your children safe from the street! In fact, just by
keeping your children playing in the backyard will reduce street entries
100%! ;-)

Then you aren't going to provide that report on the efficacy of spanking
to this age group because they already know this, as does Embry, of
course, and discusses it.

But Droan't, you have a little problem. Parent's according to you
"should make their own mind."

And here in this ng we have seen, and of course in the larger world, a
long string of people claiming they needed to spank their little
children, in this age range too, to teach them not to go into traffic.

Could you be saying that they should NOT make this decision, or are you
saying they should do it wrong by "choice" and risk their children's
lives?

Or do you think that had spanking been part of Embry's Safe Play program
he'd have gotten even better results? R R R R R

Is that what your parents did?

So, there IS no such study on the efficacy of spanking using a similar
demographic sample? Do I have this correct?

Please advise. Surely Lazerlere or Baumrind or SOMEONE can come up with
something...no? I keep hearing this "thousands of years with millions of
parents spanking have proven 'that it works'"

What do you think? Or am I sticking my nose in your business? R R R R R

0:-

Doan

Old February 26th 06, 04:56 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,misc.kids

Doan wrote:

As Dorothy and beccafromlalaland have already suggested. Children at this
age need constant supervision. Neither spanking nor alternatives to
spanking will keep your children safe from the street! In fact, just by
keeping your children playing in the backyard will reduce street entries
100%! ;-)

Well, let's see now. Has droan't offered up something actually
debatable? Are their questions of fact or logic that could be examined?

Sure there are. So, since this wasn't an attack, nor apparently a very
skillful attempt to disrupt...R R R ..I think I'll reply.

One, the study isn't about keeping children safe from the street. It's
about reducing entries and injuries and deaths. "Reducing" is the key word.

Why not go to your solution?

Simple.

People will not do so with consistency, and children do get out of
parents control, even with a boundary fence and locked gates.

So, providing a program that has had the success of Embry's Safe Play
needs careful consideration. No other such program I know of exists.

And with the all those long decades of spanking to stop entries of the
little one's that did not work either.

And you are in error. "children playing in the back yard" producing a
100% reduction in street entries would rely on the parent being able to
keep the child in the back yard. Children do not alway stay were you
want them.

So, with YOUR plan, which by the way, is pretty much what the "parents
choose" R R R R, children will NOT get a chance to have their risk
lowered to 10% of what it is NOW.

Constant supervision doesn't teach and back yard play doesn't teach. And
parents will allow their children to play in the front yard, if it's the
only outdoor play area available. In some cities and towns, especially
with strict zoning to preserve open spaces, people live in condos
without back yards, or in the new "row houses" with no more than a
walking path between them.

As for your suggestions and reducing the risk of street entries, LOL!

Nice logic.

What is it about non spankers and logic again, little boy?

Kane

Doan