Doan influences parents to choose CP

Old March 1st 06, 02:16 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default We Hit Children Because We Can! was Doan influences parentsto choose CP

0:- wrote:

Carlson LaVonne wrote:

I'm sure there are individuals who would like to be able to legally
pinch, shake, slap, or hit (with or without objects) any adult that
makes them displeases them. Fortunately, this is considered assault
and battery with the victim is over the age of 18. For little children
and minors, parents in all states and school personnel is
approximately half of the states practice this and view it as and
appropriate guidance/a. Amazing, isn't it?

In this country, it's illegal to hit an adult who displeased you, but
it's legal to hit a child for the same reason. Adults are far less
vulnerable than children, yet children remain the only member of US
society that remain legally hittable.

LaVonne

Of course now Doan the Magnificent will pop up with questions about YOUR
logic.

Undoubtedly. And he will question my logic.

Somehow, to the spanking compulsives, the world turns upside down, and
hitting a child is not assault.

To the spanking compulsives, children are somehow less than human.

It just "spanking," which of course has included claims by spankers to
include everything imaginable even up to hanging kids up in church naked
and church members beating them with objects, all with the permission of
the parents, and touted as a "parental right," by former posters here,
and never ONCE questioned by Doan, the Logic.

I've noticed that few pro-spankers are able or willing to debate. Or
question logic. Or post respectfully. Or provide evidence.

And he's running like a scared rabbit, as usual, from real debate on
real research, like Embry.

Perhaps, but I don't think he's running like a scared rabbit. He's too
certain to be scared. He's not a novelty on this ng.

LaVonne

How very logical.

I guess you were right, and as my sigline alludes to, democracy must
prevail at some point, and the state provide the protection that the
child has a natural right to. What a shame so many parents couldn't see
that for themselves. And get themselves under control.

0:-)

0:- wrote:

... Others do not.

http://dralvy.blogs.com/parent/2006/...s_corpora.html

Educated Parenting

News, Views and Trends on Parenting from one of America's Foremost
Authorities on Effective Parenting and Parenting Education, Dr. Kerby
T. Alvy

January 26, 2006
What Is Corporal Punishment and Should It Ever Be Used In Raising
Children?

The corporal or physical punishment of children refers to a wide range
of actions intended to cause physical pain. These include such acts
as:

pinching,

shaking,

slapping,

punching, and

with or without the use of objects like belts, cords or brushes,

spanking,

hitting, and

beating children.

Each act can be mild or severe, depending on its force and duration.

All such acts constitute violence directed toward children because
violence is defined as an "act carried out with the intention of
causing physical pain or injury to another person" (Straus, M., Beating
the Devil Out of Them: Corporal Punishment in American Families and Its
Effects on Children).

Before answering whether these forms of violence should ever be used in
raising children, let's look at how many parents are already using them
and with which age children.

National surveys show that with 4 and 5 year olds, over 90 percent of
parents from all backgrounds and cultural groups admit using one or
more forms of corporal punishment, and this percent has remained the
same for the last twenty years.

The percentage of parents of school-age children who admit to using
corporal punishment hovers around 60 percent and this represents a
large reduction from ten years ago. So the use of corporal punishment
with these children looks like it is on the decline. With infants and
toddlers, about 35 percent of parents indicate using corporal
punishment.

In terms of whether any parent should use these forms of violence, the
answer is

NO. There is enough violence in this world already, and there are so
many better ways of gaining the cooperation and respect of children
(See video program for parents, Spanking, Shaking Hitting: What To Do
Instead).

Old March 1st 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan doesn't respond because he has no response. Don't you get it?

LaVonne

0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

Still the same old Lavonne! Shall I look in the "archives again? ;-)

Doan
AFfromDreamLand

As usual, a childish display of harassment, threats, and pointless drivel.

That's the ticket for Doan when he can't debate the issue, but wants to
be heard.

Isn't it too bad you were spanked for intruding on your elders as a
child and have to now indulge your frustration at other's expense.

Does it make you feel like a big boy?

Still not responding to my willingness to debate Embry with you, I
notice. And you even "dare"(d) me too. Coward, AND liar, how sad.

0:-

Old March 1st 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Doan wrote:
Yes, I got it! Is that why you don't response to me? ;-)

There's nothing to "response" to, doan't. Just a little coward and fool
that thinks he's fooling everyone else. We've been laughing at your for
years, playing with you.

The only people that doan't get it about what you are, and what a
craven sick little cowardly boy and how destructive you are are the new
visitors that haven't gotten aquainted with you yet.

The one's like "Jim" of course or your spiritual brothers in low moral
character.

You are a liar, and disruptor.

That takes no talent, but dishonesty and dishonor.

AFfromDreamLand

Coward. Hypocrite. Liar. You are disgusting and dishonor your good name
that others carry more proudly.

I make it a point not to direct the ones that I know to your dispicable
acts here and the defense of dangerous thugs you have participated in.
You may not respect your name, but I do.

Kane

Old March 1st 06, 07:05 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

0:- wrote:

Carlson LaVonne wrote:

[...]

But you certainly is! ;-)

AFfromDreamLand